F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > F30 328i Drivetrain Malfunction
Extreme Powerhouse

08-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
NyquilusDilwad
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xDrive M-Sport

F30 328i Drivetrain Malfunction

Looking for some advice on how I can fix a drivetrain malfunction issue on my 2016 328i. Only has 57k miles on it, the message first popped up about a month ago, I restarted the car and it went away, and then it showed up again last night as I was accelerating on the highway. I drove home slowly but nothing really felt weird about the car.

Drove the car again today everything seems to work normally no shaking or anything like that and the message went away again

I checked for codes today and found Error code 120308 - charging pressure control, plausibility too low. That is the only one there.

Recently changed out my spark plugs about 2 months ago, didn't change the coil packs though. Only mods I have on now are a muffler delete, which was done over a year ago, Injen intake, and BM3 stage 1.

I checked out the charge pipe and it seems to be intact, I also just did a datalog and boost pressure maxed out at 20.9psi, I can run other tests if that would be helpful.

I have a new charge pipe, intercooler, and downpipe that I was just about to install but now I want to figure out what this issue is before I go stage 2.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm really trying to avoid taking it to the dealership if this is something I can fix myself.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #2
dook303
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f32

any update?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 10:25 PM   #3
Honeybadger23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 f30 328i sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyquilusDilwad View Post
Looking for some advice on how I can fix a drivetrain malfunction issue on my 2016 328i. Only has 57k miles on it, the message first popped up about a month ago, I restarted the car and it went away, and then it showed up again last night as I was accelerating on the highway. I drove home slowly but nothing really felt weird about the car.

Drove the car again today everything seems to work normally no shaking or anything like that and the message went away again

I checked for codes today and found Error code 120308 - charging pressure control, plausibility too low. That is the only one there.

Recently changed out my spark plugs about 2 months ago, didn't change the coil packs though. Only mods I have on now are a muffler delete, which was done over a year ago, Injen intake, and BM3 stage 1.

I checked out the charge pipe and it seems to be intact, I also just did a datalog and boost pressure maxed out at 20.9psi, I can run other tests if that would be helpful.

I have a new charge pipe, intercooler, and downpipe that I was just about to install but now I want to figure out what this issue is before I go stage 2.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm really trying to avoid taking it to the dealership if this is something I can fix myself.
Waste gate could be loose
Appreciate 0