F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Little advice if possible
Studio RSR

11-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
SmokedTabasco
Rep
Drives: F30 M-sport

Little advice if possible

Hey guys, was a member here a few years ago had a lovely f30 but had to get an estate (kids prams) so left the club for a bit

HOWEVER!

been offered a cracking deal on a 320i tourer and Even in these uncertain times where my jobs on the line daily.. I want it.

So! With that said is there anything I need to look out for?
It’s a 68 plate m sport shadow edition.
320i petrol xdrive

It’s done around 20k I assume with FSH,
My first point of concern was it being in the high tax bracket because surely that’s over 40k new?
The dealer assured me it’s not and it’s the normal tax

I’m hearing mpg is around 32 which is probably manageable I do try like a granddad these days but it will be painful against my diesel but nevermind on that.

My old f30 was pre facelift but I’m assuming the engines are the same? I had no issues in my two years owning that one and it gives me confidence knowing I’ve got about a years warranty left on it

Honestly if there’s anything anyone can contribute I’d really appreciate it, I’ve been trying to get back in this club for a long ass time and I loved my f30.

Just don’t want to buy into problems
Thanks everyone
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

The xdrive saps the 2.0i petrol. Which is probably why it's a good buy.
But fear not. It maps really well, which will give you more mpg as well as more power/torque.
      11-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #3
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Hello and hopefully welcome back. I've got a facelift 320i and the engine is actually different to the pre-facelift.

It went from the N20 engine to the much more reliable B48 in 2015. Mine is remapped and is now producing 240bhp and 400Nm which is plenty of punch for our roads. I'd still advise not to go with any tuner that can push this beyond 260-270 as that's testing the reliability.

If it's a decent spec then I'd say go for it. The shadow edition comes with a lot as standard and the darker light look great.

Always double check on the FSH and if in doubt call BMW directly. Make sure the idrive hasn't just been reset and the services not carried out as this can be done.

Armaan
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #4
SmokedTabasco
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post
Hello and hopefully welcome back. I've got a facelift 320i and the engine is actually different to the pre-facelift.

It went from the N20 engine to the much more reliable B48 in 2015. Mine is remapped and is now producing 240bhp and 400Nm which is plenty of punch for our roads. I'd still advise not to go with any tuner that can push this beyond 260-270 as that's testing the reliability.

If it's a decent spec then I'd say go for it. The shadow edition comes with a lot as standard and the darker light look great.

Always double check on the FSH and if in doubt call BMW directly. Make sure the idrive hasn't just been reset and the services not carried out as this can be done.

Armaan
Ah well that’s good to hear about it being more reliable so thanks for that!
I’m not so much Into tuning and stuff but maybe in the future! The poster above has got me worried about mpg now but my old f30 was an xdrive too and it was kinda what I imagine any 2.0 to be like, kinda not great but not terrible
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 05:14 PM   #5
SmokedTabasco
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
But fear not. It maps really well, which will give you more mpg as well as more power/torque.
Cheers mate might have to be something to look into if the mpg starts doing my head in, it’s always gonna suck because the car I’m in atm does around 60-65 mpg easy, but the driving style doesn’t suit a diesel at all
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 01:15 AM   #6
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedTabasco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post

Armaan
Ah well that’s good to hear about it being more reliable so thanks for that!
I’m not so much Into tuning and stuff but maybe in the future! The poster above has got me worried about mpg now but my old f30 was an xdrive too and it was kinda what I imagine any 2.0 to be like, kinda not great but not terrible
I can get 32-35mpg on short runs and I think that's expected. On a longer journey I can get 45 or so and my best is 49mpg.

Armaan
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #7
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
If it's a 68 plate then won't it have a PPF, and will that be able to be remapped as easily as the older cars ?
Appreciate 0