F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
ARMA SPEED

08-03-2020, 11:03 PM   #3895
evilFive
Rep
Drives: i3

Thanks for all of the hard work, I like how you even put in a very cool custom splash page. As a bonus for me coming from carlinkit, my echo is gone. It will take some getting used to since the menu button doesn't do the back command like on Carlinkit but I can actually use my phone as a phone now .
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 11:14 PM   #3896
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilFive View Post
Thanks for all of the hard work, I like how you even put in a very cool custom splash page. As a bonus for me coming from carlinkit, my echo is gone. It will take some getting used to since the menu button doesn't do the back command like on Carlinkit but I can actually use my phone as a phone now .
Just double press the back button. It has the same function as pressing the menu button on the Carlinkit sw.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 11:30 PM   #3897
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

Looks like the Bimmertech based fw doesn't have separate volume for navigation? Probably won't miss it that much but was nice to have, maybe they'll add that too.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:10 AM   #3898
623baller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Hey,

here's the newest update for our custom version: v2.0.B0.mod for BMW NBT and v2.0.M0.mod for MINI NBT. They are available on the 1st page.
The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.
It is based on the latest Bimmertech update featuring their UI (see below).

//Edit: Since it's based on the Bimmertech update, calls on AA should be fixed as well.
thanks so much for continuous dev and testing to all of you

does this mean carplay also routing calls through bluetooth or it's still the mmi box?

also , what mcu should one upgrade to? bimmertech's mcu or whatever your original manufacturer's mcu?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:54 AM   #3899
i3BEV
Rep
Drives: BMW i3

Quote:
Hey,

here's the newest update for our custom version: v2.0.B0.mod for BMW NBT and v2.0.M0.mod for MINI NBT. They are available on the 1st page.
The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.
Can this be safely renamed to GEMINI_PACK.BIN for the newer B units?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:11 AM   #3900
cjattard
Rep
Drives: i8

Oh my this is totally amazing, thank you so much for all of your hard work. I cant wait to get this installed. So does the Bimmertech base image use the OEM BT for the audio on IOS too?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:14 AM   #3901
SDriver18i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 s18i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Are the first two dip switches set to On and rest to Off for your 6.5" screen?
Yup, nothing works. We tried everything possible. He sent me another unit but I don't want this to happen again.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 02:05 AM   #3902
bryce007
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E60 M5, E92 335i

Wow this is amazing work guys! Is there any chance of getting some work on the CIC versions?? I've got a few Andream CIC units in my cars and happy to test flash for anyone or try mods (even if they brick).
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 02:19 AM   #3903
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Quote:
Hey,

//Edit: Since it's based on the Bimmertech update, calls on AA should be fixed as well.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank cossie1 for the update, he really did most of the changes and created many new icons and images.
Also thanks to dkeruza and Feisar328i for their continuous support and muniz_ri and xDHC for test flashing the update

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto Widescreen Fix
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • Autolink Mirroring Screen Size Fix
  • Renamed MMI to BMW-MMI/MINI-MMI for Carplay and AA
  • Replaced MMI icon with BMW/MINI icon
  • Replaced car image on integrated PDC/camera screen
  • Changed icons to Blue when highlighted
  • Removed update / key checks
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo
  • Custom Flash/update screen

Attachment 2380355
Thanks again to everyone involved. The work you guys put in to this for the benefit of the rest of us is appreciated beyond words. Most are like me, unable to do such wizardry, I just wish I could somehow help
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2020, 02:54 AM   #3904
Minims
Rep
Drives: F54 Cooper S

Quote:
Hey,

//Edit2: A word regarding MCU updates: With this update you can only flash the MCU updates by Bimmertech. Flashing the default MCU from Andream/Carlinkit etc is only possible on their firmware. Currently there is no need to do anything (no new features etc), so you can leave everything as is. Also note that Bimmertech transforms the first digits of the MCU version from '20' to '10'.

I'd like to take the opportunity and thank cossie1 for the update, he really did most of the changes and created many new icons and images.
Also thanks to dkeruza and Feisar328i for their continuous support and muniz_ri and xDHC for test flashing the update

Changelog/Contents:
  • Android Auto Widescreen Fix
  • Android Auto DPI Fix
  • Autolink Mirroring Screen Size Fix
  • Renamed MMI to BMW-MMI/MINI-MMI for Carplay and AA
  • Replaced MMI icon with BMW/MINI icon
  • Replaced car image on integrated PDC/camera screen
  • Changed icons to Blue when highlighted
  • Removed update / key checks
  • BMW/MINI Boot Logo
  • Custom Flash/update screen

Attachment 2380355

I have update my Andream NBT to the MINI version.
It's really good but there is just one missing thing.

With Andream version I can adjust screen size.
On MINI, screen is round on left and right and you can't see everything on the screen with default size.
So you need to adjust. I have setting left to 30.
I can't find how to change this in this custom fw.
Is it possible to add this in the config menu ?
Many Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 02:59 AM   #3905
Furbz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

Just received and installed my unit into my X5 F15.
thought i ordered a Andream unit. Received a Carlinkit unit

here is the latest software on my unit.
seems newer than what is listed on post 1
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
muniz_ri447.50
      08-04-2020, 02:59 AM   #3906
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Just adding my thanks for your hard work on this 👍
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 03:04 AM   #3907
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Right so been running v2.0.B0.mod for a while now and next to what was in the change log i can confirm the following (all tested on Android Auto):

- calls route through the BWM idrive now (when also connected to BWM via bluetooth)
- which also means the echo is gone!
- i can use steering wheel phone button to pickup and hangup calls
- AA auto day/night works based on cars headlights

Have to say i am running SW v2.0.B0.mod and bimmertech MCU 10.6.18.21 on andream.

It also added another issue someone pointed out earlier which was not present in the previous custom version:
- when a call comes in on AA i am unable to move focus via commander knob to the middle screen and tilt to top to set focus on either hangup or pickup call. Workaround is steering wheel button but just wanted to point out the issue is there and is not fixable via clearing AA cache.
- minor issue; in AA when a call comes through or you call someone, it says "no bluetooth connection" but everything works. I believe it says this because theres no bluetooth connection active to the MMI and things are being handled by idrive.

Last edited by xDHC; 08-04-2020 at 04:39 AM..
Appreciate 2
x-m4n148.00
muniz_ri447.50
      08-04-2020, 03:22 AM   #3908
cjattard
Rep
Drives: i8

That’s phenomenal! So last stupid question (and perhaps one to update on the sticky thread at the top). How do we go about installing the bimmertech MCU on Andream. Is it as simple as
1. Install SW V2.0.B0.mod
2. Install bimmertech MCU with the bimmertech pin on Andream box.

I think i am confusing my self with the “not cross compatable” notes on the first page.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
Right so been running v2.0.B0.mod for a while now and next to what was in the change log i can confirm the following (all tested on Android Auto):

- calls route through the BWM idrive now (when also connected to BWM via bluetooth)
- which also means the echo is gone!
- i can use steering wheel phone button to pickup and hangup calls
- AA auto day/night works based on cars headlights

Have to say i am running SW v2.0.B0.mod and bimmertech MCU 10.6.18.21 on andream.

It also added another issue someone pointed out earlier which was not present in the previous custom version:
- when a call comes in on AA i am unable to move focus via commander knob to the middle screen and tilt to top to set focus on either hangup or pickup call. Workaround is steering wheel button but just wanted to point out the issue is there and is not fixable via clearing AA cache.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 03:51 AM   #3909
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by contracts34 View Post
Thanks again to everyone involved. The work you guys put in to this for the benefit of the rest of us is appreciated beyond words. Most are like me, unable to do such wizardry, I just wish I could somehow help
Just installed and first impression is it's brilliant. Well done guys
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      08-04-2020, 04:18 AM   #3910
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Great work on the custom firmware Firefly and cossie!

Since I hadn't been paying attention to bt updates relu for awhile, can the the OEM Bluetooth fix be used with car play as well as aa?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:25 AM   #3911
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
here's the newest update for our custom version: v2.0.B0.mod...

//Edit2: A word regarding MCU updates: With this update you can only flash the MCU updates by Bimmertech.
To skips songs on CarPlay, double tilt the idrive controller right/reft now works!

cossie1 , some feedback here, we discussed the idrive tilt gesture earlier:

= v2.0.2.3t7.mmi.b + MCU 10.1.4.11 has a single tilt to skip songs gesture.
= v2.0.B0.mod + MCU 10.1.4.11 is now has a double tilt to skip songs gesture. (BT mentioned this change on release notes recently)

contracts34 and I think this behaviour is coded somewhere in the firmware (as opposed to the MCU), it would be great if this skip song behavour could be changed back to the original single tilt.

Other than that, I am so grateful, thank you and all so much for the fantastic work, attention to detail and for helping us all out here.

Last edited by x-m4n; 08-04-2020 at 04:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:37 AM   #3912
Furbz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Possible X5 50i

oh my hat. i just flashed to the latest Custom.
to all those involved thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:44 AM   #3913
wildandbeyond
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (F48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDriver18i View Post
Hey guys, I'm from the F48 forums and just bought an MMI from x5m254 for the F48 but I keep getting this clicking noise and "No Signal" message when I switch to the MMi.

I've looked around and found nothing. x5m254 helped me try a few things but to no avail. Swapped cables in probably every different manner available. Nothing. Anyone seen this and can diagnose this?

The unit connects and it works perfectly as I could screenshot the Carplay screen from my iPhone. idrive, audio, camera and all controls work perfectly fine. It just doesn't display the MMi. Weird.

2016 x1 owner here. Unfortunately these boxes only work with NBT 4. If you have a 2019 model you will have NBT evo ID5/6 I believe.

Hope that helps sorry if it’s bad news!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 05:52 AM   #3914
SDriver18i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 s18i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildandbeyond View Post
2016 x1 owner here. Unfortunately these boxes only work with NBT 4. If you have a 2019 model you will have NBT evo ID5/6 I believe.

Hope that helps sorry if it’s bad news!
Wait, so it won't work, no matter what, on a 2019 model?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:23 AM   #3915
mako2388
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako2388 View Post
Just an update they are sort of giving me the run around. Does anyone else have this issue? Basically I cannot interact with waze at all unless voice command, and often times when I go to the application "launcher" page in AA there is no "cursor/selection box" to pick a different app.
There is an Android Auto update being pushed out. I found this by chance while browsing the web. After the update I haven't had a single issue. Getting the cursor/selection box works flawlessly in all apps now.

https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/android-auto/5.5.6029/

I tried to get the seller to send me an update anyway but wasn't able to get it. They really don't want to give it out lol
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:09 AM   #3916
mako2388
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2016

I will probably flash the custom software later today though, as long as 5025 is the PIN I need to proceed. The widescreen AA is sexy
Appreciate 0