F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Manchester Arena explosions
Extreme Powerhouse

05-23-2017, 05:32 PM   #111
nickcuprar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320D Sport Step Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo99 View Post
Will the raised threat level be because of wanting to create reassurance, and the fact that there will be 90k odd people at Wembley at the weekend?
Seems sensible to me.

I'm quite surprised that the culprit has been named so quickly, makes me think it's a familiar story ie known to the relevant security services

Regardless, its totally shocking, probably resonating more because I'm a parent.
Shocking that this is the attention that those responsible want to generate, in the name of whatever it is.

I'm a bit fed up hearing about how Manchester is pulling together, pretty sure that families who have lost could not give a flying f@@k
Of course people are going to help each other! That's what sensible, normal, multi cultural societies do.

Wow, that's turned into a bit of a rant.....
Nah I agree mate, the horrible part of me understands that by the weekend the majority of people will have forgotten about the victims and families and be back to their normal lives, yes remembering what happened but getting on with their day to day.
The parents of those lost are never going to be the same again. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Something needs to be done, everyone is sick and tired of these terror attacks.

To me the saddest part is that I sit here now thinking that those who will be victims in the next one are out there now completely unaware that it could be them next time. Unfortunately that could be me, you anyone anytime
Appreciate 1
Edinburra546.50
      05-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #112
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
Oh, so it's OK for you to make 'dark humor' about murdering millions, but if any muslims made any online comments about doing anything they're terrorists and should be rounded up.

The really sad thing is that you don't even realise just how hypocritical you are.

Yet you accuse me of 'failed logic'.

I do wonder how some people get the education to string sentences together, but have a complete lack of any self-awareness and critical thought.

It must be wonderful to be so ignorant.
If a islamic radical said death to the west and he lives in the west I'll promptly remove him from a culture he obviously hates. I would expect the same treatment or worse if I go to the middle East and post a drawing saying f Muhamid with a gay man banging the prophet.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #113
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
Have you never heard of the Crusades ? Of Cortez and what happened in South America ?

Christianity is responsible for far more deaths than Islam through history. Go do some research.

You talk about not tolerating Nazism or Communism. Nazism and communism are, when all is stripped away, political viewpoints of extreme left and right. Denying people the right to have a viewpoint is surely as intolerant as it gets.
'Assimilate to the West'. Hmm. Which part of the 'West' is that. Maybe you should become native american and convert to the worship of whichever tribal god was in the area, and I should become Druid ?
After all, that's the original beliefs of where we're from - christianity is a new pretender.
Have you heard that it was a reaction to 400 years of islamic aggression. Catholic world was reacting to Muslim invading and occupying 2/3 of Catholic lands. Cortez was a by product of 600 years of reconquista which was a result of islamic invasion.

Catholism expanded primarily thru peaceful conversation of polothist religion it was not carve out via constant conquest at it birth like political ideology of Islam. Nor should catholism be compare to a political ideology.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 06:00 PM   #114
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966-TR4 View Post
Remind you of any other religions?
Reminds me of communism and nazism both authoritian and us be them philosphy
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 03:08 AM   #115
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
I don't think the death penalty is gonna be much of a deterrent to a suicide bomber.
What they should do is take all known members of the bombers family and make them answer for his crime.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #116
nickcuprar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320D Sport Step Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby Clark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
I don't think the death penalty is gonna be much of a deterrent to a suicide bomber.
What they should do is take all known members of the bombers family and make them answer for his crime.
What the family that condemn their actions as much as you or I do?
Appreciate 1
Dyl432.50
      05-24-2017, 05:41 AM   #117
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

I'm not ashamed to say I don't really understand the reasoning behind each attack either, and probably can live without knowing.
But it's unfair that these kids at a concert, or policemen on duty, or people going to work on a bus, or people working in a huge great office tower in New York, have to pay the penalties for some dickhead with a warped view of the western world.

I don't think too much can be done to prevent the continued attacks, its just become part of the modern world.
How do you deal with the future perpetrators? One dies and another replaces them.
Most of the families of these 'evil losers' have never known, it must be devastating for them as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 05:50 AM   #118
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
Reminds me of communism and nazism both authoritian and us be them philosphy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcuprar View Post
Yes.
I'm not going to enter a whole debate surrounding a "blame the parents" view but it would put more focus on knowing what people are up to. Or are you telling me people close to the bomber has absolutely no idea what he was doing with his spare time?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 08:30 AM   #119
Dyl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Quote:
Or are you telling me people close to the bomber has absolutely no idea what he was doing with his spare time?
He was 22 not 10, add to that his parents lived in a different country.

If you think rounding up whole families because they are unfortunate enough to be related to a radicalised lunatic isn't just chucking petrol on to a fire then you are mad.

This is exactly what they want you to think and why they do it. As I said in a previous post, they want to eradicate the grey zone. Stop falling for it. Remember most refugees who come to Europe are trying to get away from these crazies.

Also, that is the type of behaviour Isis/Isil and other historical regimes like the Nazis did. We are far better than that. It's horrific, we are all angry and these events should never ever occur but lowering ourselves to their level is just going to make it worse.
Appreciate 3
rich100874.50
Bibbles778.50
      05-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #120
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
I just found out a friend of a friends brother is one of those missing. I had no idea what to say to him, tried to be positive but I just can't help but think those that have not been found are more than likely those ones hurt the most.

I really hope I'm wrong.
Now confirmed, he was one of the people that were killed..
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2017, 01:25 PM   #121
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Sorry to hear, condolences.

Utterly sucks.
Appreciate 1
ajfoggy1517.00
      05-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #122
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:
I just found out a friend of a friends brother is one of those missing. I had no idea what to say to him, tried to be positive but I just can't help but think those that have not been found are more than likely those ones hurt the most.

I really hope I'm wrong.
Very sorry, condolences

What a nightmare for so many families with losses and young people witnessing such horror

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
ajfoggy1517.00
      05-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #123
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I really hope I'm wrong.
Very sorry, condolences

What a nightmare for so many families with losses and young people witnessing such horror
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Quote:
Sorry to hear, condolences.

Utterly sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I really hope I'm wrong.
Very sorry, condolences

Im not personally affected but thank you. It's a friend of a friends brother but all way too close to home for my liking.

But it also makes you think about all the people that have to deal with this shit everyday!!
Appreciate 2
      05-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #124
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Im not personally affected but thank you. It's a friend of a friends brother but all way too close to home for my liking.

But it also makes you think about all the people that have to deal with this shit everyday!!
As you are unfortunately now aware, even that limit of closeness is a hell of a lot and makes you think.

There but for grace of God...

The grief and the stress the emergency services go through with this type of event.

As mentioned I am up there Friday and strangely for me will likely go and pay respects.

I tend to avoid these things like the plague.
Appreciate 2
ajfoggy1517.00
      05-25-2017, 01:55 AM   #125
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcuprar View Post
Aside from the father and brother, obviously.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 02:11 AM   #126
General
No_Country
Rep

This leaking of information to the American press from their government departments is very worrying.

Very much a 'how to stop sharing information' exercise.

I can see various governments now not wanting to share information with the Spams, as they just cannot be trusted.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 05:00 AM   #127
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
This leaking of information to the American press from their government departments is very worrying.

I can see various governments now not wanting to share information with the Spams, as they just cannot be trusted.
Is disgusting how the American intelligence have leaked pictures to the press!

Latest news Police and Army sent to Trafford!

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 1
Edinburra546.50
      05-25-2017, 05:50 AM   #128
Edinburra
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
Quote:

Is disgusting how the American intelligence have leaked pictures to the press!

Latest news Police and Army sent to Trafford!
Can you begin to imagine the outcry in the US if we had done something similar after one of their mass shootings?
Appreciate 0