F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 6WB LCI digital dash group buy - COMPLETE
ARMA SPEED

01-11-2018, 07:58 PM   #23
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwalls View Post
I don't have nav or many other fancy options. Would this be a waste to get? Would the blank space in the middle eat at me everyday?
So you wouldn't have NAV but all of the other functions would still work as it cycles through modes and other info. Pretty cool function honestly.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 1
jeffc83722.00
      01-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #24
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
I don't have nav or many other fancy options. Would this be a waste to get? Would the blank space in the middle eat at me everyday?
Just the first video I found on youtube..

Appreciate 1
1QuikWS61615.50
      01-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #25
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Just the first video I found on youtube..

VIDEO
Bimmertech has already let me know I'm compatible. Will I be able to get an M performance logo instead of the 5 series diesel? Is remote coding included in that price?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #26
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Bimmertech has already let me know I'm compatible. Will I be able to get an M performance logo instead of the 5 series diesel? Is remote coding included in that price?
According to their website and promo video, yes remote coding to make it all work is included. The 5 diesel was just that video.. I assume, (though will check) my car has already been flipped to M Performance, so assume it will show the same on the display.

Can I count you in? We have 5 firm, 2 already paid.. we are close and really on a time table to get the discounted price.
Appreciate 1
cdwalls700.00
      01-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #27
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
According to their website and promo video, yes remote coding to make it all work is included. The 5 diesel was just that video.. I assume, (though will check) my car has already been flipped to M Performance, so assume it will show the same on the display.

Can I count you in? We have 5 firm, 2 already paid.. we are close and really on a time table to get the discounted price.
Im coming from the standard / analog cluster so I don't have any performance logo, only the "BMW". I think this is a no brainer upgrade if you have the standard / analog cluster. Count me in on this group buy contingent on included coding session.
Appreciate 1
jeffc83722.00
      01-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #28
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Im coming from the standard / analog cluster so I don't have any performance logo, only the "BMW". I think this is a no brainer upgrade if you have the standard / analog cluster. Count me in on this group buy contingent on included coding session.
I will add you to the list, but you will need to contact Bimmer-tech and give them your VIN. You can also PM the contact on this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #29
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

PM'ing bimmertech VIN. I have HUD, So I'm understanding nav directions won't show on HUD but will show in middle part of cluster. However, speed, radio, cruise, mode etc will still show on HUD.

Also i have the standard BMW logo on turn on, is it the same process FDL coding to change the logos if wanting later?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #30
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr78569 View Post
PM'ing bimmertech VIN. I have HUD, So I'm understanding nav directions won't show on HUD but will show in middle part of cluster. However, speed, radio, cruise, mode etc will still show on HUD.

Also i have the standard BMW logo on turn on, is it the same process FDL coding to change the logos if wanting later?
I assume so but please confirm with BimmerTech. Add you to the list?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #31
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

price includes shipping and remote coding session.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #32
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Alrighty guys.. this is getting good! Two have paid, I will add more names as we get them but we are close to the 10 minimum!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #33
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino View Post
The 6wb cluster is pretty cool and I have driven a 17 340i with it but my goodness $1500usd.... you guys must have too much money! Lol
But it's a BMW

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #34
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
That's what I thought he was asking because that's what we're buying here lol. (cluster Navi) My apologies for any confusion as I misread due to the excitement and seriously, thank you for chiming in! Looks awesome! Glad I just paid, damage has been done haha
You paid already and got discounted price?

I thought we had to wait till 10 confirmed buyers for the GB price
Correct and just to reconfirm, if we don't get all people needed for the group buy, we all pay 5% more so anyone that wants one, come and get yours while you can!

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 02:16 AM   #35
thedredd
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D LCI Sport

Quote:
Correct and just to reconfirm, if we don't get all people needed for the group buy, we all pay 5% more so anyone that wants one, come and get yours while you can!
Who have I to pay the item?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 04:55 AM   #36
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Nelson-

After viewing the video in Post #25 I have couple questions:

My car is 2015 - in the past, I have tried to code the //M Performance logo to my factory cluster, but it will only show //M550D when the //M logo is chosen. This is apparently a known 'bug' in the iStep version of software that is currently installed in my car, & to show correctly I would need to update my iStep version.

I have been told this either needs to be done thru the dealer (don't want to do that), or a special setup for remote coding involving my coding cable being plugged directly into my router (which would be difficult but not impossible)

In that video, his cluster shows //M550D & he explains that to display correctly he needs still another update of some type

Is the update he is referring to one that can be done thru Bimmertech & involves only gage cluster coding, or would I still need to update iStep version?

If thru Bimmertech cluster coding that's fine, but I really don't want to get involved with updating iStep, & I don't want the //M550D logo showing up in my new 6WB cluster - so is there a normal 'BMW' logo that can be shown on my cluster?

And finally, I have quite a bit of options coded in my car using both Carly & Esys (main ones thru Esys are for LCI Tail retrofit, AHL2, LCI HVAC retrofit, & Enhanced Bluetooth/ rest are the normal niceties thru Carly)

Is the Bimmertech coding going to wipe out ANY of the coding as described above that is currently done? The Carly stuff is not a big deal to redo, but the Esys stuff was done remotely by Alex @ Alpine & I don't want to have to pay again to have it redone...

TIA
Jay
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 1
cdwalls700.00
      01-12-2018, 06:23 AM   #37
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nelson-

My car is 2015 - in the past, I have tried to code the //M Performance logo to my factory cluster, but it will only show //M550D when the //M logo is chosen. This is apparently a known 'bug' in the iStep version of software that is currently installed in my car, & to show correctly I would need to update my iStep version.

I have been told this either needs to be done thru the dealer (don't want to do that), or a special setup for remote coding involving my coding cable being plugged directly into my router (which would be difficult but not impossible)

In that video, his cluster shows //M550D & he explains that to display correctly he needs still another update of some type

Is the update he is referring to one that can be done thru Bimmertech & involves only gage cluster coding, or would I still need to update iStep version?

If thru Bimmertech cluster coding that's fine, but I really don't want to get involved with updating iStep, & I don't want the //M550D logo showing up in my new 6WB cluster - so is there a normal 'BMW' logo that can be shown on my cluster?

And finally, I have quite a bit of options coded in my car using both Carly & Esys (main ones thru Esys are for LCI Tail retrofit, AHL2, LCI HVAC retrofit, & Enhanced Bluetooth/ rest are the normal niceties thru Carly)

Is the Bimmertech coding going to wipe out ANY of the coding as described above that is currently done? The Carly stuff is not a big deal to redo, but the Esys stuff was done remotely by Alex @ Alpine & I don't want to have to pay again to have it redone...

TIA
Jay
Jay, i can answer the last question. I read on another thread that after bimmertech had their remote coding session, all things coded previously had stayed. I will keep browsing to see if i find any other experiences.
      01-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #38
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedredd View Post
Quote:
Thank you
PM or email nelson@bimmertech and he will send you a proper invoice for the item once he confirms your VIN is compatible.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 06:56 AM   #39
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nelson-

TIA
Jay
although I cannot answer your questions directly I do know that you can remove that logo easily. Refer to this thread for more information along with tons of pics

3 and 4 series LCI digital dash (pages 11-12 show good pics) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1346650

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #40
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedredd View Post
Quote:
Thank you
contact bummer tech to confirm it will work for you, with your VIN. they will then send you an invoice for the order with the discounted price.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #41
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Did this ship yet? Why aren't there 100 people knocking down this front door? Now get off my lawn!

Appreciate 1
cdwalls700.00
      01-12-2018, 09:08 AM   #42
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

cmon, 4 more people!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #43
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
So to confirm the process..

If you want to do this deal:

1. Contact BimmerTech ASAP and provide your VIN. This can be done through PM to Nelson, through their website, chat app, etc. This will make sure your car is compatible for this display.
2. Please confirm here you want to do this and I will add your name to the list if I haven't already.
3. BIMMERTECH (not us, me, the forum, whatever) will invoice you.. please pay it. They wont do the deal or SHIP until there are 10 of us total PAID.

We have a small window of time to do this.. talking with Nelson, he had to argue FOR US for a 10% discount at all, as the prices are going up in two weeks or less. He doesn't know by how much yet, but that they are absolutely going up.

Is it a lot of money? YES.. (should I spend this amount of money? Probably not but the hell with it.. pre-spending some of my tax return) If this is something you have wanted to do, NOW is the time to get it with a discount and before prices go up.

jdr78569 Are you in? You would be our 7th.
Appreciate 2
jeffc83722.00
cdwalls700.00
      01-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #44
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jet Black 328i

I'm in
Appreciate 1
jeffc83722.00