F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > cy1 correction issue low boost low timing E30
Extreme Powerhouse

12-23-2023, 11:58 AM   #1
SecretiveVictoria
Rep
Drives: Blazing Fast Bimmer

cy1 correction issue low boost low timing E30

I'm having some timing correction issues with only cy1 not the rest (see below log). I've gone thru 2 new plugs so that's been ruled out. The other usual suspects would be coils or injectors. Since injectors require more labor to replace so I'm wondering if I can get an upgraded injector to mis-match withe rest of stock coils to do an experiment to rule out coils before I clean the injectors. Would the mis-match test be a good idea though?

Anything else to watch out for?

https://datazap.me/u/lixiang7349/log...0&data=4-22-51
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 03:34 PM   #2
WrxToBeamerGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretiveVictoria View Post
I'm having some timing correction issues with only cy1 not the rest (see below log). I've gone thru 2 new plugs so that's been ruled out. The other usual suspects would be coils or injectors. Since injectors require more labor to replace so I'm wondering if I can get an upgraded injector to mis-match withe rest of stock coils to do an experiment to rule out coils before I clean the injectors. Would the mis-match test be a good idea though?

Those corrections are fine and pretty normal for our platform. Stop worrying about it and enjoy the holidays.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 06:01 PM   #3
Doctor X
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretiveVictoria View Post

Do you have a TU Pump? If so try running more ethanol
Appreciate 0