F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Car Accident in NYC.
ARMA SPEED

07-26-2017, 10:44 PM   #23
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoChino View Post
The owner said he wants to fix, but at a location of his choice.

I want to take it to the body shop, have them replace, not fix, the damaged parts and put it together in a bill for me to give to him and if he disagrees, I will just have to take it up with Geico and see what they can do. I'm also going to see if they can include in the labor for my exhaust install and my resonator delete.

The only thing I hate is the $1,000 deductible. It's technically paying $1,000 because someone couldn't see your car because of how they were sitting, which is totally out of my control.

Any opinions are appreciated.

P.S. More and more I hate NYC drivers, a driver reversed into me while they were backing up to park into a parking spot and left me with scratches.
Every other post you are talking about who to screw.

A $1k kickback

Paying for damage not caused by the accident.

I'd drop you too if I were GEICO.

Funny I have accident forgiveness with them. We can all see why they don't want you.

If you didn't want to pay $1k deductible, then pay for a lesser deductible!

If you believe the Bus Company has no Insurance, you are really guillible. Call The NY Times and tell them local School Bus Company has no Insurance. If true, they'd destroy them.

Regardless, doesnt matter if they haven't renewed yet or new Company. Old Company is responsible for past accident when they were covered.

Get 3 estimates where you want it fixed. Take the lowest and quit your games. Get it fixed there. if Bus Company doesn't want to pay for that place, have GEICO pay.

If you have F36 and cannot float $1k until settled 1) you screwed up by choosing that deductible 2) you are driving a car you cannot afford. Put off your upgrades and float the $1k until GEICO sues Bus Insurance.

Quite trying to screw the world. Take responsibility. Speaking of which, was Bus Driver issued ticket? If not, why not? If not, I'd take this story to every paper and tv station in NYC as what's going on with the busses your kids are riding on.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by GCinFLA; 07-26-2017 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 08:39 AM   #24
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
You can take the owner up on the offer and bring it to his choice of body shop. Just be sure to carefully read the repair quote before discussing it with the owner and make sure you get everything on it to your satisfaction. He most likely will try to negotiate with you. But always remember that he will not want to deal with Geico's lawyers and that's your leverage.

Chin up and stay strong! Toronto is just as bad for car dings and accidents as NYC with less population. Where I live, the insurance rates are higher than anywhere else just because of all the insurance fraud that goes on here.
The owner seems a bit dodgy, so I'm just pursuing his insurance myself.
He was willing to work with me, but I don't want anything to come back to me. Also, I've made a report with my insurance so I might as well follow through because it's on record for good anyways, I'll do it the right and proper way.

The whole not being insured makes them look a little bit shady as well.

And thank you for the words of encouragement, day by day, I accept what's happened. I guess it's just because the vehicle is new and I've had it for less than a month.

Funny thing is, my luck must be terrible because yesterday, someone was backing up into a parking spot and scratched up my right side as well. Luckily, during the repairs, I'll have them paint it over.

Regards,
Jay
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #25
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinFLA View Post
Every other post you are talking about who to screw.

A $1k kickback

Paying for damage not caused by the accident.

I'd drop you too if I were GEICO.

Funny I have accident forgiveness with them. We can all see why they don't want you.

If you didn't want to pay $1k deductible, then pay for a lesser deductible!

If you believe the Bus Company has no Insurance, you are really guillible. Call The NY Times and tell them local School Bus Company has no Insurance. If true, they'd destroy them.

Regardless, doesnt matter if they haven't renewed yet or new Company. Old Company is responsible for past accident when they were covered.

Get 3 estimates where you want it fixed. Take the lowest and quit your games. Get it fixed there. if Bus Company doesn't want to pay for that place, have GEICO pay.

If you have F36 and cannot float $1k until settled 1) you screwed up by choosing that deductible 2) you are driving a car you cannot afford. Put off your upgrades and float the $1k until GEICO sues Bus Insurance.

Quite trying to screw the world. Take responsibility. Speaking of which, was Bus Driver issued ticket? If not, why not? If not, I'd take this story to every paper and tv station in NYC as what's going on with the busses your kids are riding on.

My 2 cents.
Great point.

I'm not trying to screw the world, I'm trying to make the most in light of the situation. I can most certainly pay the $1,000 deductible, and I sure can afford the car, but why spend if I can have it paid for and save myself some cash? Especially, if I have to pay the $1,000 for the bus driver's incompetence, that's what I hate the most, regardless of if my insurance can get it back for me or not. I've heard people being waived the deductible, or having other damages repaired so I wanted to see if it was possible in this situation.

I would take responsibility, but the most I am taking is the double parking. And I couldn't even call it double parking because I was just a few more inches out from a parking spot. Both lanes are fully accessible to a driver. It's the bus driver's fault that he couldn't see my vehicle and rammed into it.

My issue with Geico is that I reported any and every situation to them, regardless of damage. What really set it off was the pedestrian accident, but it could've happened to anyone. Just to clarify, that situation was a bit tricky, because the accident was inevitable, the best I could do was reduce the possibility for more damage. The pedestrian had jumped in the middle of my hood, and the best outcome was what I had, to swerve and make contact with my right or left side mirror. It didn't help that the pedestrian was intoxicated, as a known reputation in the area for being a drug induced psychopath. It was just bad luck that I had to be the victim of his drug induced scheme for money.

Turns out, still uncertain, if the bus company has an insurance or not, but I am speaking now with Fairmont Insurance Broker, as referred to my the old insurance company. This is not bus company owned by the city, this is a private bus company that is owned by another individual.

That's true as well, I've told the driver that he is lucky that he had no kids on board, and he should be more aware, as he has more of a responsibility because of the fact that he is a school bus driver. I would love to inform a media outlet about this but everyone makes mistakes and I wouldn't want to hold the driver to the full extent, as he is trying to make a honest living and he sounds like he genuinely made a mistake. Hopefully, he can understand how crucial the responsibility is for him.

Thank you for your input.

Regards,
Jay
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #26
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great point.

I'm not trying to screw the world, I'm trying to make the most in light of the situation. I can most certainly pay the $1,000 deductible, and I sure can afford the car, but why spend if I can have it paid for and save myself some cash? Especially, if I have to pay the $1,000 for the bus driver's incompetence, that's what I hate the most, regardless of if my insurance can get it back for me or not. I've heard people being waived the deductible, or having other damages repaired so I wanted to see if it was possible in this situation.

I would take responsibility, but the most I am taking is the double parking. And I couldn't even call it double parking because I was just a few more inches out from a parking spot. Both lanes are fully accessible to a driver. It's the bus driver's fault that he couldn't see my vehicle and rammed into it.

My issue with Geico is that I reported any and every situation to them, regardless of damage. What really set it off was the pedestrian accident, but it could've happened to anyone. Just to clarify, that situation was a bit tricky, because the accident was inevitable, the best I could do was reduce the possibility for more damage. The pedestrian had jumped in the middle of my hood, and the best outcome was what I had, to swerve and make contact with my right or left side mirror. It didn't help that the pedestrian was intoxicated, as a known reputation in the area for being a drug induced psychopath. It was just bad luck that I had to be the victim of his drug induced scheme for money.

Turns out, still uncertain, if the bus company has an insurance or not, but I am speaking now with Fairmont Insurance Broker, as referred to my the old insurance company. This is not bus company owned by the city, this is a private bus company that is owned by another individual.

That's true as well, I've told the driver that he is lucky that he had no kids on board, and he should be more aware, as he has more of a responsibility because of the fact that he is a school bus driver. I would love to inform a media outlet about this but everyone makes mistakes and I wouldn't want to hold the driver to the full extent, as he is trying to make a honest living and he sounds like he genuinely made a mistake. Hopefully, he can understand how crucial the responsibility is for him.

Thank you for your input.

Regards,
Jay
You aren't at fault. Double parking would only come into play if there was body injury.

You have yet to state if a Driver was ticketed.

Should be in accident report. Do you have that? If not, why not?

Worse case you take the Bus Driver/Company to small claims court for $1k. Usually GEICO would sue and include your $1k.

It sucks to be in accident. I was rear ended on 7/4 and their Insurance wants me to settle for less than $400, lol.

A new Bumper painted and installed properly is $1800 at BMW Collision Center.

I have Geico and $1k deductible as well.

So I know what I am talking about.

Thinking of just paying entire thing myself and going to small claims against other Driver so GEICO isn't calling shots. Will walk in and show Judge old Bumper with cuts, dents and paint damage, lol. Better than photos. Do they want the old Bumper after settlement?

Difference between me and you is I am just trying to get car fixed quickly and correctly and not try to wheel and deal and scam.

Last edited by GCinFLA; 07-27-2017 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #27
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You aren't at fault. Double parking would only come into play if there was body injury.

Worse case you take the Bus Driver/Company to small claims court for $1k. Usually GEICO would sue and include your $1k.

It sucks to be in accident. I was rear ended on 7/4 and their Insurance wants me to settle for less than $400, lol.

Thinking of just paying entire thing myself and going to small claims against other Driver so GEICO isn't calling shots. Will walk in and show Judge old Bumper with cuts, dents and paint damage, lol. Better than photos. Do they want the old Bumper after settlement?

Difference between me and you is I am just trying to get car fixed quickly and correctly and not try to wheel and deal and scam.
I was not ticketed for double parking.
As I have mentioned, the car was just a bit more out than regular cars if it was to be parked.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what you were talking about..
Just don't really feel well when you're shaming because I'm trying to make most of a shitty situation. It can be defined as a scam but it's not far from the truth, and the truth is, I'm trying to fix what they're going to check regardless. I'm going to have them check the axel and steering. I want to see if I can work out a deal, for choosing to have my vehicle repaired at their shop, see if they can throw in the incentive of installing my exhaust.

My intentions are to get this vehicle repaired as soon as possible as Allstate requires a photo inspection within 2 weeks. It's just a plus to have these little things added in for my troubles as I have said, this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the driver of the other parties incompetence.

Regards,
Jay
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #28
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I can have the vehicle taken into the BMW Collision Center for repairs?

If that's the case, I'll feel a lot better knowing it's in a BMW shop where OEM parts are used and there's no chance of me being screwed over.

Thank you in advance!
Jay
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #29
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was not ticketed for double parking.
As I have mentioned, the car was just a bit more out than regular cars if it was to be parked.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what you were talking about..
Just don't really feel well when you're shaming because I'm trying to make most of a shitty situation. It can be defined as a scam but it's not far from the truth, and the truth is, I'm trying to fix what they're going to check regardless. I'm going to have them check the axel and steering. I want to see if I can work out a deal, for choosing to have my vehicle repaired at their shop, see if they can throw in the incentive of installing my exhaust.

My intentions are to get this vehicle repaired as soon as possible as Allstate requires a photo inspection within 2 weeks. It's just a plus to have these little things added in for my troubles as I have said, this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the driver of the other parties incompetence.

Regards,
Jay
GOOGLE INSURANCE FRAUD which you seem wanting to do. I'll even help you start:

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article176.htm#p176.00

I did not ask if you were ticketed.

I asked if you had an accident/police report which you haven't answered.

I asked if BUS DRIVER WAS TICKETED.

There is a reason you do not see tons of expensive cars in NYC, unlike LA.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #30
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

If that's the case, I'll feel a lot better knowing it's in a BMW shop where OEM parts are used and there's no chance of me being screwed over.

Thank you in advance!
Jay
You can have YOUR CAR repaired wherever YOU WANT.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #31
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Thank you in advance!
Jay
Just report it to your insurance, get a few estimates and pick any body shop you like. You don't have to get it done at any body shop you're "recommended" by your insurance company. You can find any reputable body shop and take it there. Seeing all the other posts, I'd skip trying to get the bus company to pay for it. They're almost guaranteed to cheap out if they want you to go to a body shop of their choice.

Your insurance company will just send a bill to the bus company and if they don't pay will file a lawsuit against them. That's all part of the service you pay your premiums for. Most likely they'll recover your $1000 deductible and send you a refund check.

Also, there's no need to get it done at an actual BMW collision repair center. You can if you want, but any good body shop will use OEM parts. Just make sure to have them put it somewhere in the contract. And keep your paperwork. If any future problems DO arise, you will want that documentation.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 11:37 AM   #32
Mtl128_25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i 2008

E92 to F30 need advices

I have a 328i coupe and i am thinking to retire it since it is giving me lots of problems. I am looking at the F30 probably lease a 320xi or 330xi. Is the 2017 & 2018 models exactly the same? Meaning no changes? And what about the package options? I live in Canada.

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 01:11 PM   #33
smak_91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 xdrive30i - M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl128_25 View Post
I have a 328i coupe and i am thinking to retire it since it is giving me lots of problems. I am looking at the F30 probably lease a 320xi or 330xi. Is the 2017 & 2018 models exactly the same? Meaning no changes? And what about the package options? I live in Canada.

Thanks for your help.
I think you might be lost....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 05:12 PM   #34
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks for your help.
Must have took a wrong turn at Albuquerque!

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 02:03 PM   #35
PelotonToPodium
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport - GSM/Loaded

Quote:

Thanks for your help.
Ok.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 02:10 PM   #36
soonster
Rep
Drives: fx

If you still needs a suggestion of good car repair with service, ask for PETER at TNS. (mentioned Soon and DaMayor recommended you). He should be able to get you oem parts as well as some savings.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/TN...!4d-74.0052688
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #37
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonster View Post
If you still needs a suggestion of good car repair with service, ask for PETER at TNS. (mentioned Soon and DaMayor recommended you). He should be able to get you oem parts as well as some savings.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/TN...!4d-74.0052688
Woah, this is insane.
I went ahead and placed the car @ TNS Autos on Friday.
I spoke with Jimmy and asked to do the best he can, but he made me sign the form that says that the insurance can pay them directly?
Should I go back and ask to revoke the form and start over once more?
I don't want it to seem in a negative way.

Are you a customer at TNS?

Regards,
Jay
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #38
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

This comedy of how not to live your life continues in the CLASSFIEDS.

Clearly the bus hitting the BMW was Karma

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1415149
Appreciate 0