F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Seat Covers for the 3 Series?
proTUNING Freaks

07-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #1
xcftw
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d Xdrive

Seat Covers for the 3 Series?

Hi all!

I have recently become the proud new owner of a 2014 BMW 328d xdrive sedan and I LOVE IT! I have already put 600+ miles on it and I've only had it for 5 days.

I am going to use it as my work car; since I spend so many miles in the car a month (2,500 average) I wanted something nice. This car's interior is spotless. I already have Weathertech floor liners and a trunk liner installed, as that was an easy purchase. Next step is seat covers. I want seat covers for the front and rear seats to protect against usual wear as well as our local red clay that will stain the tan seats. I'm finding tons of seat covers for the front seats, and almost purchased a set from CoverKing before realizing that I can't seem to find second row seat covers very easily online.

So, what seat covers do you guys recommend? Any great brands I should check out that will also supply seat covers for the rear seats? I would love to be able to have everything matching, and a good fit is a huge priority as the car looks so sharp I do not want to ruin it with baggy universal fit seat covers.

Thank you!

xcftw
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 01:33 AM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I don't like the idea of seat covers so my take on this is to protect the seats and enjoy the car. Even fake leather seats can be coated with protective products that will prevent stains or at least make them easier to remove. I tend to protect my seats around once a month. Mine are nappa leather so I use Dr Leather wipes for spot cleaning. For thorough cleaning and protecting I use a product called LTT leather cleaner. The rest is just being careful like not having jeans with sharp metal buttons on the back that can scrape or scratch the leather (real or fake leather).
Appreciate 0