F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 Charge Pipe - VRSF vs ER
ARMA SPEED

08-30-2019, 07:48 AM   #45
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
I've had a vrsf chargepipe installed for 2 years on my xi without an issue and the car has been through multiple MPIs at the dealer and scanned several times and no issues. Yes the steering rack looks to be close but it is not rubbing at all. I do not have chipping powdercoat or anything. It looks brand new just like the day it went on. Will take photos of it installed if people want to question it. I have it paired with my vrsf fmic as well.

To the individual who keeps bashing the company and making themselves look like a fool, what are you hoping to accomplish.

Have you ever heard the phrase "praise in public, criticize in private"? You may have had better luck explaining to vrsf the whole story upfront and ask how they can help you out.
You clearly haven't read any of my previous posts because I clearly already explained that I contacted VRSF initially via a FB Messenger chat about the issues I was having with fitment and boost leaks. Out the gate they accused me of trying to jip them out of a replacement CP for basically no reason. I sent them the video showing it leaking under boost/pressure. VRSF also told me that they had NEVER had these issues that I was having. After I sent them the video, they went ghost. I have the entire FB messenger conversation saved and would have ZERO problems posting the entire thing on here. The entire conversation was comical from a customer service standpoint. However, I'm sure that wouldn't go very well for VRSF. If I really wanted to show how their customer service is, I could/would.

What I'm trying to accomplish is what I already have. My experience with the product and vendor. Am I trying to say the exact same experience will happen with the next person, of course not. Just showcasing how they treated me BEFORE I told them I wasn't the original owner of the CP(even though I purchased it NIB, unopened).

There's a guy in the member for sale section right now that has listed a IC, DP, CP that's brand new in box. I don't want to affect his sale but I also wouldn't want someone to buy something for a slight discount to get treated like I did by VRSF if/when they have a fitment/warranty issue like I did.

I'm glad your VRSF CP/IC has worked out for you
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 08:22 AM   #46
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i View Post
You clearly haven't read any of my previous posts because I clearly already explained that I contacted VRSF initially via a FB Messenger chat about the issues I was having with fitment and boost leaks. Out the gate they accused me of trying to jip them out of a replacement CP for basically no reason. I sent them the video showing it leaking under boost/pressure. VRSF also told me that they had NEVER had these issues that I was having. After I sent them the video, they went ghost. I have the entire FB messenger conversation saved and would have ZERO problems posting the entire thing on here. The entire conversation was comical from a customer service standpoint. However, I'm sure that wouldn't go very well for VRSF. If I really wanted to show how their customer service is, I could/would.

What I'm trying to accomplish is what I already have. My experience with the product and vendor. Am I trying to say the exact same experience will happen with the next person, of course not. Just showcasing how they treated me BEFORE I told them I wasn't the original owner of the CP(even though I purchased it NIB, unopened).

There's a guy in the member for sale section right now that has listed a IC, DP, CP that's brand new in box. I don't want to affect his sale but I also wouldn't want someone to buy something for a slight discount to get treated like I did by VRSF if/when they have a fitment/warranty issue like I did.

I do not know many products that transfer warranty of said product if you are not the original buyer. it's pretty simple. FB Messenger would have been the last place i would go to expect 100% service.

Yes, so far so good with my CP/IC from them, even though my IC had the wrong tabs (but that's a whole different topic and was easy to fix with pliers )

Hopefully you get everything sorted for your car.
      08-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #47
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:

I do not know many products that transfer warranty of said product if you are not the original buyer. it's pretty simple. FB Messenger would have been the last place i would go to expect 100% service.

Yes, so far so good with my CP/IC from them, even though my IC had the wrong tabs (but that's a whole different topic and was easy to fix with pliers )

FWIW, I sent Tiago a message on here prior to reaching out to them on FB. Never got a reply on here so that's why I had to use other methods.

Not sure what difference it makes on how you contact a company for the type of customer service one receives. These days, contacting a company via a social media site is usually your best bet. VRSF doesn't have a phone number(for obvious reasons I guess) and that would have been my first method of contact, had it been available.

My car was sorted with CTS Turbo CP that fit like a glove.
Appreciate 1
wdeerfield2745.00
      08-30-2019, 11:23 AM   #48
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Thinking about going with CTS FMIC over Wagner comp EVOII, worth?
it depends what what stage you're going to.

i recommend this read by thx@ FaRKe!...https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ooler+shootout

wagner evo2 comp is best for stageII and up and for tracking. they'll be some lag for daily because of it's size.

atm is another offering i'd get if above stage2. bar/plate, ultra quality at a better price than the wagners.

wagner evo1 comp will have the least lag and be best for daily up to stage2. it's the lightest aftermarket fmic at 14.6lbs. best 5" stepped if you've got the money.

cts turbo is great for a budget 5" stepped, up to stage2, just under 20lbs. they're having a labor day sale right now. you can get their fmic and chargpipe for $547 shipped to your door. best bang for the buck for the budget minded. their quality is very very high considering how modestly it's priced.

https://www.ctsturbo.com/product-cat...-f30-f31-2013/

https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts...pe-set-xdrive/
Appreciate 4
      09-04-2019, 01:24 AM   #49
M-Powered702
Rep
Drives: BMW & Tesla

my 2014 335i x-drive just experienced the dreaded charge pipe failure a few days ago and I am looking into replacing it ASAP. The OEM charge pipe is 514.71 which hurts to see haha. I see that you guys are saying ER or VRSF. In what order would you rank OEM, ER, VRSF? I am planning to order by tomorrow. Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #50
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52172 View Post
Zero problem with fitament on my vrsf here.
Same.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #51
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Powered702 View Post
my 2014 335i x-drive just experienced the dreaded charge pipe failure a few days ago and I am looking into replacing it ASAP. The OEM charge pipe is 514.71 which hurts to see haha. I see that you guys are saying ER or VRSF. In what order would you rank OEM, ER, VRSF? I am planning to order by tomorrow. Thanks everyone!
You should read a bit more. Never replace it with an oem CP. All of the aftermarket options are 1000x better and will not fail the way the oem part does.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 12:46 AM   #52
csmatheng
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is

VRSF

I have used VRSF products in the past and I have had good luck with them. I dont think you could go wrong with the VRSF one.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #53
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Quote:

i recommend this read by thx@ FaRKe!...https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ooler+shootout

wagner evo2 comp is best for stageII and up and for tracking. they'll be some lag for daily because of it's size.

atm is another offering i'd get if above stage2. bar/plate, ultra quality at a better price than the wagners.

wagner evo1 comp will have the least lag and be best for daily up to stage2. it's the lightest aftermarket fmic at 14.6lbs. best 5" stepped if you've got the money.

cts turbo is great for a budget 5" stepped, up to stage2, just under 20lbs. they're having a labor day sale right now. you can get their fmic and chargpipe for $547 shipped to your door. best bang for the buck for the budget minded. their quality is very very high considering how modestly it's priced.

"wagner evo1 comp will have the least lag and be best for daily up to stage2. it's the lightest aftermarket fmic at 14.6lbs. best 5" stepped if you've got the money."

Just to add to your comment above on the Wagner Competition EVO1...

My 2015 335ix was running a BMW MPPK tune when I installed the Wagner Competition EVO1 intercooler. Suddenly heat soak, that I didn't realize that I had, just disappeared. Previously if a light turned green and I opened up the throttle I would get great power. But if I tried to do that from 2, 3, or 4 lights in a row the engine would start to bog down and not seem as powerful on subsequent runs. That's heat soak. The intake temperature had gotten too high so the engine was compensating to keep itself in a safe operating zone. Heat soak was especially apparent during hot summer days when the ambient temperature was already starting out high.

As soon as the Wagner Competition EVO1 was installed the heat soak vanished. I could make run after run without losing any power. Didn't matter how hot of a day it was.

Later I installed the BootMod3 N55 EWG Stage1 93 octane tune. (It overwrites the MPPK tune. It doesn't add itself on top of it.) Still the same experiences to report with no heat soak.

Later after installing a high flow catted downpipe I upgraded to the BootMod3 N55 EWG Stage2 93 octane tune. Still the same experiences to report with no heat soak with the Wagner Competition EVO1 FMIC. Also I wouldn't expect that I'd experience any heat soak if I made runs at a drag strip or a single hot lap at an oval track like Pocono Raceway where they held ///MPACT EAST.

So the Wagner Competition EVO1 has been everything that I hoped for, and more, on my daily driver. My focus was on absolutely minimal turbo lag. Mike from X-PH actually talked me out of the Competition EVO2 and into the EVO1 since turbo lag was my top priority.

Based on my experience, where I could really see my car battling heat soak and requiring the Competition EVO2, is if I did lap after lap on oval tracks or on road courses. The constant high revs would definitely build up intake temperatures that could require the larger volume Competition EVO2. I wouldn't expect to notice any increase in turbo lag under those conditions because on a race track the revs are high.

Where turbo lag is most noticeable is lower in the range where intake pressures need to build up before you get boost and engine power. So you'll mostly see turbo lag from standing starts, highway on ramps and suddenly needing passing power when at low speeds/ low engine revs. Hope this detail helps someone!
Appreciate 2
      09-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #54
OEM+Alpine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport AP/CR

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

FWIW, I sent Tiago a message on here prior to reaching out to them on FB. Never got a reply on here so that's why I had to use other methods.

Not sure what difference it makes on how you contact a company for the type of customer service one receives. These days, contacting a company via a social media site is usually your best bet. VRSF doesn't have a phone number(for obvious reasons I guess) and that would have been my first method of contact, had it been available.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.moveon.com
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 08:04 PM   #55
Sickining
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Quote:
You bring up a great point. How would they be able to tell the difference between one Chinese mass produced charge pipe and any other mass produced Chinese charge pipe. LOL

Just sharing my story with the community on how they don't stand behind their products. Basically, don't buy "new in box" VRSF parts. Because you'll be SOL if it doesn't fit.

First, we offer two models, one for a RWD car and a XI car. If the incorrect part was purchased second hand, how are we possibly to blame?

We'll gladly warranty any product purchased from one of our authorized retailers along with ourselves. We stand by our product and warranty 100%.

The problem at hand is the fact that I've personally have had to deal with dozens of issues where an individual contacts us for support and it's then determined that they were conned into purchasing an ill-fitting knock off on Amazon or eBay rather than an authentic VRSF part from a reputable retailer.

Again I'm more than happy to assist with providing a replacement at a discount, at our expense due to the circumstance. We simply don't want customers having poor experiences with our products whether or not they were sold the correct item or a counterfeit item. Please understand that we also can't be held liable for every scum bag who uses our name to rob an enthusiast by duping them with a counterfeit product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSicks View Post
I am amazed that you think VRSF or any company should give you something when you did not buy it from them or one of their resellers. You saved some cash buying from someone and you think that any manufacture will warranty that part. You are in for a rude awakening when it comes to the world of business.

No company in their right mind is going to warranty a part that you bought from someone else... that includes turbos, exhaust, suspension, etc. You can stay mad all you want, but if you want something with a warranty... cough up the cash - pretty simple idea.
I agree and this is exactly why we offer the option for potential buyers to contact us for authenticity prior to purchasing a second hand product. If you're going to buy used, send us an e-mail with a picture of the product or request a copy of the original invoice from the buyer and we'll be more than happy to make sure you're not getting duped. Otherwise there simply isn't enough evidence to back the fact that the product is authentic or the fact that it will fit your car.

While we don't warranty "used" parts simply due to the incredible level of counterfeiting and copying that is prevalent in this market, we do our best to ensure the customer has a good experience with our brand regardless. In the case that someone is sold a product from a counterfeiter or copy cat brand, we do our best to assist.

With that said, our chargepipes arrive back in stock early next week and I'll gladly offer up the first few sets that hit our door to any reputable members on this forum, at a significant discount for helping us display the quality and fitment you can expect from a VRSF product.
The simple fact that you as a well known company in this industry would even offer a discount to buyers of your improved/fixed design to "prove" that your products fit is nothing short of an embarrassment.

Ever notice how "good quality cars" don't have rebates/discounts ??? Odd huh. Lol

You guys couldn't get your N54 DP's right for years, your catted DP's that we're guaranteed to give no CEL didn't work, a huge amount of F Series CP's had to be redesigned.

But yeah, that's all the great and quality fitment you'd expect from VRSF right. Let me let you in on a little secret. This community expects to have a 50/50 chance that the parts we buy will fit. That's what we expect.

@VRSF. Your products have ALWAYS been mediocre at best in terms of fitment and quality, you're customer service is trash. The simple fact that you have to comment in here defending your own company speaks volumes.

If you and your company were crushing sales and customer services issues like you're supposed to, you'd have dozens of people defending your brand. Instead you have like 2-3.

And we wonder why VRSF doesn't have a telephone number to call........
Good to know👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 09:46 AM   #56
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Quote:

My CTS chargepipe and downpipe come next week. I think I'll go with ATM, hopefully it'll provide enough cooling for when I got stage 3 while also not being too laggy.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #57
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
My CTS chargepipe and downpipe come next week. I think I'll go with ATM, hopefully it'll provide enough cooling for when I got stage 3 while also not being too laggy.
whos the go to cts dealer on this site?
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #58
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
i don't think there is a dealer on this site. just go straight to their website. right now they have an oktoberfest sale. charge pipes, catless down pipes, intercooler and intake on sale
Appreciate 1
ali820271.50
      09-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #59
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Quote:
i don't think there is a dealer on this site. just go straight to their website. right now they have an oktoberfest sale. charge pipes, catless down pipes, intercooler and intake on sale
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got it directly from CTS
Appreciate 2
ali820271.50
      09-25-2019, 04:57 PM   #60
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Quote:
We can help and discount
Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      09-25-2019, 05:52 PM   #61
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Again, I can't apologize enough for the inconvenience some may have experienced in the past but the charge pipe has been redesigned and we have thousands of successful installs with our new revision.

ANYONE who's had an issue with fitment regarding this individual chargepipe, please contact support@vr-speed.com and we'll get you setup with a replacement at our cost
Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      09-25-2019, 10:46 PM   #62
JTTBMR
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyactiv0 View Post
So I'm planning on purchasing a new chargepipe for my 2014 435i xDrive. After doing some research, it appears that the VRSF chargepipe has an issue where the fitment is hit or miss.

Is this still the case? Or am I better off, just spending more for the ER chargepipe?

Thanks guys!
I recently put on vrsf cp on my 2015 335 xdrive. Install was a disaster. It's extremely close to the steering.. I barely got it on. I have the vrsf intercooler as well. I thought it'd help to remove it for the install, it didn't. There's a rubber coupler that needs to be pretty much stretched to its limit even with each end secure to the edge. Spend the extra for the other one. I'll probably end up pulling this one out and swapping with the other.. I tried installing it with lose connections then tightening them but nothing really helped. I honestly think I just got lucky by finally getting it on lol
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #63
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTTBMR View Post
I recently put on vrsf cp on my 2015 335 xdrive. Install was a disaster. It's extremely close to the steering.. I barely got it on. I have the vrsf intercooler as well. I thought it'd help to remove it for the install, it didn't. There's a rubber coupler that needs to be pretty much stretched to its limit even with each end secure to the edge. Spend the extra for the other one. I'll probably end up pulling this one out and swapping with the other.. I tried installing it with lose connections then tightening them but nothing really helped. I honestly think I just got lucky by finally getting it on lol
Mine hit the steering no matter what I did to fix it... we have the same car.

I ended up finally pulling it out and it was already all messed up from where it was rubbing. I had to clock the fitment a bunch and really do some goofy stuff with the hose and clamps to make it work. I had already had an issue with VRSF and wanted to avoid going through it again. My original issues were handled but it wasnt the best experience even after getting some extra money off on my down pipe that I ordered after my initial order of my charge pipe and intercooler. I still believe I have a leak but its so small that Im at the point of saying f it lol.

I will say that its very likely that I will be going through them again for some parts for my wifes X3. Im not holding a grudge at all and Im hoping that the next purchase goes as well as my downpipe purchase!

Last edited by n55david; 09-26-2019 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #64
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Again, I can't apologize enough for the inconvenience some may have experienced in the past but the charge pipe has been redesigned and we have thousands of successful installs with our new revision.

ANYONE who's had an issue with fitment regarding this individual chargepipe, please contact support@vr-speed.com and we'll get you setup with a replacement at our cost
Whats the process for a replacement?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 02:06 PM   #65
JTTBMR
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Quote:
Quote:
Mine hit the steering no matter what I did to fix it... we have the same car.

I ended up finally pulling it out and it was already all messed up from where it was rubbing. I had to clock the fitment a bunch and really do some goofy stuff with the hose and clamps to make it work. I had already had an issue with VRSF and wanted to avoid going through it again. My original issues were handled but it wasnt the best experience even after getting some extra money off on my down pipe that I ordered after my initial order of my charge pipe and intercooler. I still believe I have a leak but its so small that Im at the point of saying f it lol.

I will say that its very likely that I will be going through them again for some parts for my wifes X3. Im not holding a grudge at all and Im hoping that the next purchase goes as well as my downpipe purchase!
I think mine clears the steering but I'll have to double check. I got mine recently so it's the updated one that might fix the issue you had. I'm having other issues with the coupler and clamps barely being on. I definitely don't feel like it's secure. I had to install it that way or else it wouldn't reach. I'm dealing with vrsf support at the moment to figure it out. They've always been quick with responding and their customer support is really good. Honestly, I think a longer coupler would be all that's needed
Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      09-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #66
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
I think mine clears the steering but I'll have to double check. I got mine recently so it's the updated one that might fix the issue you had. I'm having other issues with the coupler and clamps barely being on. I definitely don't feel like it's secure. I had to install it that way or else it wouldn't reach. I'm dealing with vrsf support at the moment to figure it out. They've always been quick with responding and their customer support is really good. Honestly, I think a longer coupler would be all that's needed
Maybe Ill give it a shot

Last edited by n55david; 09-27-2019 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0