F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *** OFFICIAL bootmod3 de-cat with OBD readiness THREAD***
proTUNING Freaks

01-18-2024, 06:32 AM   #265
Relique
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Just thought I'd send an update on what happened with my car for those curious. Despite trying all the suggestions here I was not able to get readiness on the 4 year old VRSF catted DP. Driving a certain way, flashing stock map, disabling DTC codes... none of it helped.

I ended up switching out to the EPA compliant AA catted DP and the car went ready on all tests within 125 miles even with a custom tune installed. I also discovered that I had an L spacer installed that I had forgotten about so I ended up removing it. For me, the lesson learned here is pay extra and get the AA DP for any future BMW cars.

Thanks for everyone's help with this over the past months.
      02-01-2024, 02:24 PM   #266
SJLenz1340
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relique View Post
Just thought I'd send an update on what happened with my car for those curious. Despite trying all the suggestions here I was not able to get readiness on the 4 year old VRSF catted DP. Driving a certain way, flashing stock map, disabling DTC codes... none of it helped.

I ended up switching out to the EPA compliant AA catted DP and the car went ready on all tests within 125 miles even with a custom tune installed. I also discovered that I had an L spacer installed that I had forgotten about so I ended up removing it. For me, the lesson learned here is pay extra and get the AA DP for any future BMW cars.

Thanks for everyone's help with this over the past months.
X2 with the AA Downpipe. I just passed emissions with said DP.
Appreciate 1
Relique10.00
      02-03-2024, 12:08 AM   #267
Bloom_435i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' 435i xdrive

When I need my next inspection(summer) I’ll make a video on it, both me and my brother(his 328i) have passed emissions for the past two years in Ny. Both cars are catless with cts Downpipes. I’ll do a step by step and record each one. This process will work in any state that allows one monitor to be not ready to still pass.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 08:39 AM   #268
the_blesss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive

Smile One confirmed smog test passed with this on B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybski View Post
I'm posting on someone's else's behalf, of course.
I personally abide by all laws, rules and regulations.

While this might not work for all. Those living in states that allow for 1 "not ready" sensor, it should.

Unnamed person has a 340i with a B58, catless DP and BM3 tune. To pass IL emissions, person flashed the stock tune and left all settings at OEM, then in the DTC Deactivation area, entered the codes as pictured. Performed a drive cycle on the way to work and then again on the way to the emissions station.
ODBII Scan tool was used prior to testing to confirm system was ready as it was gonna get.
This resulted in a PASS with no CEL or codes thrown.

Hope this helps some people that don't want to crawl under their car to reinstall their OEM DP just for emissions.
I also have a friend with a B58 that has a high-flow CAT (CTS Turbo) and BM3 tune. They used the above procedure in the screenshot along with the stock bootmod3 tune to successfully pass the smog check and inspection in PA. They wanted me to relay that they are especially appreciative of all the smart people that helped them.

I of course have a completely street legal car and follow every letter of the law, all rules, and regulations.

Also for those that need the abbreviated drive test for smog readiness, (this only took 27 miles of driving to repeat 2 times), this procedure works well, but needs to be done at a time of low traffic for the deceleration steps from 55-20mph. https://www.instructables.com/How-to...or-Smog-Check/

Cheers

Last edited by the_blesss; 03-22-2024 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: forgot to add the drive test steps url
Appreciate 0