F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > THE Chargepipe (VRSF) Issues continue
Studio RSR

02-28-2021, 08:34 PM   #23
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV818 View Post
What I have learned today on the forums is that I should not be cheap and should just spend the extra couple dollars on ER products instead of VRSF for my N26. I was going to go VRSF fmic, catless downpipe, and chargepipes. Now I am going to go Evolution Racewerks catted downpipe and chargepipes. I'm worried the ER fmic will be too big and will give me some lag. Would Active Autowerks be any better?
I'd do Wagner Evo competition 2 fmic instead if I were to do it all over again
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 09:34 PM   #24
SFV818
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i - BM3 Stage 2 FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV818 View Post
What I have learned today on the forums is that I should not be cheap and should just spend the extra couple dollars on ER products instead of VRSF for my N26. I was going to go VRSF fmic, catless downpipe, and chargepipes. Now I am going to go Evolution Racewerks catted downpipe and chargepipes. I'm worried the ER fmic will be too big and will give me some lag. Would Active Autowerks be any better?
I'd do Wagner Evo competition 2 fmic instead if I were to do it all over again
I think I'm going to order this combo from X-ph that comes with the MAD 5" intercooler. Looks good enough.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 06:02 AM   #25
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

Have vrsf charge pipe fitment issue resolved? I notice this thread date is 2018, it’s been 3 years since then…
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 11:41 PM   #26
StealthF32
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
nothing wrong with ER but there are other brands which are very high quality fit and finish. also, it is not necessary to run everything of the same brand. with the exception of the catless downpipe and adding the turbo inlet pipe, i have linked what i have and been using for over three years. also the N20 chargepipe does not have failure issues like the N55, so it is not necessary but if you desire it anyway, go for it.

back in the day i bought direct from FTP and CTS Turbo, however Mike at X-PH and Turner has these stuff on sale, i believe it's free shipping as well.

https://x-ph.com/cts-turbo-bmw-f20-f...it-direct-fit/

https://x-ph.com/cts-turbo-4-catless...2-f30-f32-f36/

https://x-ph.com/ftp-f2x-f3x-n20-cha...st-pipe-combo/

https://x-ph.com/ftp-f-n20-air-intak...2-13717605638/
Just so I'm reading this correctly, is the consensus (you're experience) that the OEM CP in the N20, didn't cause you any failure issues?

I was considering going with VRSF & stumbled across the chat history, from previous posters, which has me considering that further due diligence is needed before making a decision on my end....
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 11:49 PM   #27
StealthF32
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameson View Post
Have vrsf charge pipe fitment issue resolved? I notice this thread date is 2018, it’s been 3 years since then…
Valid point, which should've resulted in the necessary corrections/modifications - - depending upon on the number of cases reported.......for it to be classified as a "known" issue or an isolated fabrication defect
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 10:57 AM   #28
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 328i M Sport

Stock charge pipes for the n20/n26 don't have breaking issues if you are stock turbo. Replacing them is more of a "preventative" measure. Anything more than an Off the Shelf tune I'd recommend upgrading them.

If you are to upgrade, you go FTP combo or evolution raceworks. Mind you FTP combo you get both for the price of one evolution raceworks pipe. Evolution raceworks guarnatees fitment every time, and if it doesn't they will remake your pipe and send you a new one if there is an issue. They are a USA company and fitment is known to be top notch. FTP has been gaining steam for awhile, and they are known to be a great alternative from overseas with great fitment as well.

xPh and top gear solutions (forum vendors) sell these products with a forum discount.
      11-01-2021, 09:16 AM   #29
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwinny View Post
Stock charge pipes for the n20/n26 don't have breaking issues if you are stock turbo. Replacing them is more of a "preventative" measure. Anything more than an Off the Shelf tune I'd recommend upgrading them.

If you are to upgrade, you go FTP combo or evolution raceworks. Mind you FTP combo you get both for the price of one evolution raceworks pipe. Evolution raceworks guarnatees fitment every time, and if it doesn't they will remake your pipe and send you a new one if there is an issue. They are a USA company and fitment is known to be top notch. FTP has been gaining steam for awhile, and they are known to be a great alternative from overseas with great fitment as well.

xPh and top gear solutions (forum vendors) sell these products with a forum discount.
+1

Check out my signature for the website link, we have both brands on sale and are giving out free Evolution Racewerks charge pipes

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0