F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Added sealed monobals to car... don't feel much difference
ARMA SPEED

10-11-2021, 03:12 PM   #1
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

Added sealed monobals to car... don't feel much difference

Had the vac monoballs put on, both upper and lower arms on both sides. From what I read, people were ranting and raving about them....

The only thing I've noticed is increased NVH... steering feels pretty much the same

Is it possible that bc I have thp, and therefor vss... that the dead in center feel of the vss, is making me not feel the better turn in feel? I've also been doing mainly city driving

Annoyed bc now I feel like I wasted $2k on parts + labor... to have no improvement, yet added nvh
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 04:23 PM   #2
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllaVodka View Post
Had the vac monoballs put on, both upper and lower arms on both sides. From what I read, people were ranting and raving about them....

The only thing I've noticed is increased NVH... steering feels pretty much the same

Is it possible that bc I have thp, and therefor vss... that the dead in center feel of the vss, is making me not feel the better turn in feel? I've also been doing mainly city driving

Annoyed bc now I feel like I wasted $2k on parts + labor... to have no improvement, yet added nvh
Not going to do much for steering feel. Its to tighten up the suspension response sloppiness on the hard fast turns useful on a track.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 02:27 PM   #3
SD Convert
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i convertible

I did something similar a while ago. Under "normal" street driving conditions, the car won't work any better for you, but when you start driving "enthusiastically", the steering stays solid, where it used to get mushy. This is the gain from adding monoballs to the suspension.

If you're not running on the track, or driving "enthusiastically" on the street, monoballs probably aren't the best solution, primarily due to the NVH they bring with them.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 09:33 PM   #4
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllaVodka View Post

I've got the VAC monoball upper and lower control arms on my F30 335ix. It's a tremendous improvement in the vague F30 steering, especially when you switch to Sport mode. So much more precise than stock. Night and day!
Appreciate 1