F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Dent between the kidney grill just below the emblem
proTUNING Freaks

01-16-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
HeroicKaizer
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i

Dent between the kidney grill just below the emblem

Long story short, i had a small accident today and theres a small dent between the 2 kidney grill just below the emblem. Is this fixable with heat gun? I think the dent pushed the emblem bumper piece up a bit and causing a small panel gap between my hood and bumper. I have posted pictures of it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

I had a truck back into my front bumper and it was repaired using some sort of a heat gun by a autobody shop. They got it back to its normal shape but it had more damage then yours and needed paint. The repair turned out great. However...the whole bumper had to be removed for the heat process in my case and they charged a fair bit to take it off. In my case the lady that damaged it paid so I didn't care.

Your BMW badge is easily pulled and re installed in correct place. Damage looks minimal but paint required. The thing I wonder about is your hood-bumper gap. This probably isn't the bumper but the metal bracket in behind that it attached too. Maybe this can be bent back into the right spot?
Appreciate 1
BEM-S44515.50
      01-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbmw View Post
the whole bumper had to be removed for the heat process
That's to allow heating from the inside and outside, then pushing the dent out from the inside. With sheet metal you can glue a pull stick in place and then remove it after pulling the dent, but not with the plastic of a bumper.
Appreciate 0