F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Replacing engine mounts
Studio RSR

01-17-2020, 07:00 AM   #1
Apples12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520D LCI auto

Replacing engine mounts

Hi all

My passenger side mount is shot on my f10 with the n47 engine

My car is fitted with the vacuum mounts but there are no vacuum lines or solenoid at all, BMW confirmed it left the factory this way.

Am I right in thinking if I fit a vacuum mount it will remain in the hard setting as there is no vacuum to soften it?

Also, any tips with this job?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 08:21 AM   #2
kdog_x
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 328d

I didn't know the BMW's came with these, but generally vacuum activated mounts soften when vacuum is applied. So yes, it should remain in 'hard' mode.

Strange that they would fit vacuum mounts with no hoses or solenoid. Since you don't have any of the other hardware, you could probably just install regular mounts if there's a big cost difference.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
Apples12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520D LCI auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog_x View Post
I didn't know the BMW's came with these, but generally vacuum activated mounts soften when vacuum is applied. So yes, it should remain in 'hard' mode.

Strange that they would fit vacuum mounts with no hoses or solenoid. Since you don't have any of the other hardware, you could probably just install regular mounts if there's a big cost difference.
I cant find any part number for a non vacuum mount, will fit and see how it gets on I guess
Appreciate 0