F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Thinking about getting BM3 Flex Fuel Kit, have some questions
GetBMWParts

10-16-2023, 07:29 PM   #1
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i Stage 2 BM3

Thinking about getting BM3 Flex Fuel Kit, have some questions

Currently have a 15 N55 EWG F30. Current mods are NGK Spark Plugs, Catless DP, Intercooler, CP (Forgot how big but the one that doesn't require modification or cutting etc)
And BM3 Stage 2 ACN Map (Cause Cali). Are there any other supporting mods I should do besides basic maintenance? Recently done Oil, Trans, and Brake fluid

Got a few questions about the BM3 flex fuel kit and e85
Most important is once I flash the tune and install the flex fuel kit, does map switching happen automatically when I add e85? How does it work, after I flash the tune the kit comes with, I just leave it on my Stage 2 ACN map and everything happens automatically? I was watching the DIY: The All-New BM3 Flex Fuel Kit by ProTuning Freaks | F80 M3 Install from Kies Motorsports on youtube and mentions how to switch maps by holding RES. What if I just want to stay on Stage 2 at all times, do I ever have to switch maps? What if I switch to just 91 temporarily, do I have to switch maps again? Or do I just add 91 gas and it will do everything automatically?

How long can I leave my e85 in my gas tank without it corroding my fuel system (heard you can’t really leave e85 that long)
Are there any other maintenance you have to do when running e30? (As in pumping full tank of 91 once in awhile.)
What’s the worst case scenario that can happen when running e30 or e85? Would it be an expensive fix like redoing fuel lines?
I won’t be upgrading the LPFP and HPFP so an e30 mix is the max I can go, would it be better to stay away from a full e30 mix in my car and maybe stay at e25 mix instead? (I don’t want to crash my LPFP or HPFP)
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 10:15 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

If you want to run flex fuel you should have an upgraded HPFP really. And if you want to go above about E60 or so, you need to upgrade LPFP and possibly EKP to support it.

I dont have my file with thread links right now but you should read the thread johnung started about BM3 flex fuel testing. He did detailed logging and we did a bunch of data analysis comparing different E%, different tunes, etc, using flex fuel.

The flex fuel doesnt do a "map switch" persay, in the same way you would change maps using a reflash or the steering wheel controls on multimap. The flex fuel just automatically scales the current map (tune) based on your E%, i.e. by adjusting fueling and timing to account for the additional E%. Once you are on a flex fuel map you should be able to go from 91 pump to E85 (assuming your fuel system can support) and anything inbetween without taking any action, the tune will adjust based on the E% using the flex fuel sensor. There are parameters in the datalogs - including the actual E% measured - that show how the tune is adjusting using scaling factors.

Some people say to run a tank of pump gas occasionally. I have had E30 in my tank since March 2020, never bother to go back to pure pump gas. If you drive the car frequently and dont let it sit for long periods of time you shouldnt have any problems really. Modern cars are made to handle ethanol since its already in pump gas, albeit in lower %. Lots of people on here run much higher E% up to full E85 without issues.

If you are running higher E% and/or more aggressive tunes/driving, you will want to shorten your OCI and possibly spark plugs.

Well now i just read the bottom of your post about not upgrading LPFP or HPFP... so that was all kinda pointless. There's no reason for you to get a flex fuel kit really for stock fuel system. Just run pump gas and switch to the 91 map, or put in a 30% mix and switch to the E30 map....
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2023, 06:03 PM   #3
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
If you want to run flex fuel you should have an upgraded HPFP really. And if you want to go above about E60 or so, you need to upgrade LPFP and possibly EKP to support it.

I dont have my file with thread links right now but you should read the thread johnung started about BM3 flex fuel testing. He did detailed logging and we did a bunch of data analysis comparing different E%, different tunes, etc, using flex fuel.

The flex fuel doesnt do a "map switch" persay, in the same way you would change maps using a reflash or the steering wheel controls on multimap. The flex fuel just automatically scales the current map (tune) based on your E%, i.e. by adjusting fueling and timing to account for the additional E%. Once you are on a flex fuel map you should be able to go from 91 pump to E85 (assuming your fuel system can support) and anything inbetween without taking any action, the tune will adjust based on the E% using the flex fuel sensor. There are parameters in the datalogs - including the actual E% measured - that show how the tune is adjusting using scaling factors.

Some people say to run a tank of pump gas occasionally. I have had E30 in my tank since March 2020, never bother to go back to pure pump gas. If you drive the car frequently and dont let it sit for long periods of time you shouldnt have any problems really. Modern cars are made to handle ethanol since its already in pump gas, albeit in lower %. Lots of people on here run much higher E% up to full E85 without issues.

If you are running higher E% and/or more aggressive tunes/driving, you will want to shorten your OCI and possibly spark plugs.

Well now i just read the bottom of your post about not upgrading LPFP or HPFP... so that was all kinda pointless. There's no reason for you to get a flex fuel kit really for stock fuel system. Just run pump gas and switch to the 91 map, or put in a 30% mix and switch to the E30 map....
My NGK Laser Iridium are .022 gap I believe.

The reason I want to get the flex fuel kit is because I don't want to calculate every single time I get to the pump and don't want to be exact. I just want to run under e30 at all times without having to worry. You mentioned "the tune will adjust based on the E% using the flex fuel sensor"

So that means I can just stay on that Flex tune stage 2 ACN (or whatever it's called) and I can go e20, e25, e27 etc each time I pump right? I don't have to be exact since it automatically adjusts the tune by the E% right?

I know it might be overkill for now but I just don't like the idea of always calculating or pumping when my car is running on fumes
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      10-23-2023, 07:52 PM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolinAddict View Post

The reason I want to get the flex fuel kit is because I don't want to calculate every single time I get to the pump and don't want to be exact. I just want to run under e30 at all times without having to worry. You mentioned "the tune will adjust based on the E% using the flex fuel sensor"

So that means I can just stay on that Flex tune stage 2 ACN (or whatever it's called) and I can go e20, e25, e27 etc each time I pump right? I don't have to be exact since it automatically adjusts the tune by the E% right?

I know it might be overkill for now but I just don't like the idea of always calculating or pumping when my car is running on fumes
Those plugs are unnecessary, and the gap is probably too small, but they may not be hurting your performance if you dont have any symptoms.

The flex fuel sensor should do what you described, but i would confirm how it works if you want to use ACN as your base map. I'm not sure how that works with the multimap flex tune. But conceptually yes, the sensor reads E%, then adjusts the tune accordingly. I've only seen it tested with 93 base map but it should be functionally the same unless it just doesnt work with ACN.

The calculation is extremely simple and you dont have to wait until your tank is empty. If you have half a tank of E30 and you add 30% mix, you still have E30. It doesnt matter how full or empty your tank is, if you always add the correct ratio of pump gas and E85, your mix will always be correct.

I just pull up this screenshot from a simple excel table i made whenever i pull up to the pump. look at gauge to see where my tank is at --> go to that row in table --> pump X gallons 91 --> pump Y gallons E85 --> drive away. Literally takes no extra time except swiping the card twice. Being off by a few % in your mix isnt going to matter.

EDIT: This table also shows that if your E% is very low in your area (0% pump, 70% E85) you are still about E20, and if its very high (10/85%) you are still at 30%. So even with fluctuations in what comes out of the pump you should be fine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      10-24-2023, 07:30 AM   #5
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:

Your idea will work. What year & model do you have? Are you N55 PWG or EWG? What mods have you done? Do they include charge pipe, downpipe and intercooler?

I like to use the e85Cal phone app to do a quick calculation at the gas pump.

Install the PTF FlexFuel sensor and run the Bootmod3 Stage2 MultiMap tune. Inside the tune use the steering wheel controls to set the tune to ACN91. See photo.

Then just like you said you can put just gasoline in the tank or up to about E35 (when the flow maxes out on the stock HPFP) The tune will automatically adjust.

Later if you want to run up to about E60, just upgrade the stock HPFP to a Dorch 15.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 07:33 AM   #6
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
NOTE: If you haven’t invested in a downpipe and intercooler yet (you should still get an FTP chargepipe) you can still do the same thing with a Stage1 MultiMap tune. See photo.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 09:26 PM   #7
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Those plugs are unnecessary, and the gap is probably too small, but they may not be hurting your performance if you dont have any symptoms.

The flex fuel sensor should do what you described, but i would confirm how it works if you want to use ACN as your base map. I'm not sure how that works with the multimap flex tune. But conceptually yes, the sensor reads E%, then adjusts the tune accordingly. I've only seen it tested with 93 base map but it should be functionally the same unless it just doesnt work with ACN.

The calculation is extremely simple and you dont have to wait until your tank is empty. If you have half a tank of E30 and you add 30% mix, you still have E30. It doesnt matter how full or empty your tank is, if you always add the correct ratio of pump gas and E85, your mix will always be correct.

I just pull up this screenshot from a simple excel table i made whenever i pull up to the pump. look at gauge to see where my tank is at --> go to that row in table --> pump X gallons 91 --> pump Y gallons E85 --> drive away. Literally takes no extra time except swiping the card twice. Being off by a few % in your mix isnt going to matter.

EDIT: This table also shows that if your E% is very low in your area (0% pump, 70% E85) you are still about E20, and if its very high (10/85%) you are still at 30%. So even with fluctuations in what comes out of the pump you should be fine.
I saw a youtube video (Inlinesix Auto) where he actually test's the E85 and the 91 premium gas at his local station. Would that be necessary? That's the one that's making me think twice about going E30.

So is that the only way to know if the E% is low, by testing it?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 09:37 PM   #8
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Your idea will work. What year & model do you have? Are you N55 PWG or EWG? What mods have you done? Do they include charge pipe, downpipe and intercooler?

I like to use the e85Cal phone app to do a quick calculation at the gas pump.

Install the PTF FlexFuel sensor and run the Bootmod3 Stage2 MultiMap tune. Inside the tune use the steering wheel controls to set the tune to ACN91. See photo.

Then just like you said you can put just gasoline in the tank or up to about E35 (when the flow maxes out on the stock HPFP) The tune will automatically adjust.

Later if you want to run up to about E60, just upgrade the stock HPFP to a Dorch 15.
I'm EWG, N55, 335i 2015. I got NGK spark plugs, chargepipe, downpipe, intercooler atm.

I just want to stay below the e30 so I don't overwork my lpfp and maybe the hpfp

So if you ever switch to 91 or 93, do you hold the RES button on your left side of the steering wheel and choose? or do you just pump 91/93 normally and not worry about it? I was watching a youtube video on PTF Flex Fuel Kit on Kies Motorsport channel and showed that you have to choose
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 01:30 AM   #9
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I saw a youtube video (Inlinesix Auto) where he actually test's the E85 and the 91 premium gas at his local station. Would that be necessary? That's the one that's making me think twice about going E30.

So is that the only way to know if the E% is low, by testing it?
You can buy the test kits on amazon for like $20 if you want to test it manually. I have many times at my local station. Pearson fuels supplies most E85 in Cali and they have stated theirs is always 83.3% or higher. That has always been true for me, even though the pump still says its 65-85% or whatever. YMMV depending on supplier, of course. It's simple to do and i would probably do it a few times over a few months just to see what you are dealing with, but not totally necessary.

As my table shows even if your E85 and pump gas are on the low end of ethanol you still have about a 20% mix, and if they are on the upper limit, you have just over 30%.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 01:32 AM   #10
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm EWG, N55, 335i 2015. I got NGK spark plugs, chargepipe, downpipe, intercooler atm.

I just want to stay below the e30 so I don't overwork my lpfp and maybe the hpfp

So if you ever switch to 91 or 93, do you hold the RES button on your left side of the steering wheel and choose? or do you just pump 91/93 normally and not worry about it? I was watching a youtube video on PTF Flex Fuel Kit on Kies Motorsport channel and showed that you have to choose
You will not overwork your LPFP, its fine until about E60-70 no problem.

The HPFP will max out if you overshoot E30 significantly on stage 2 BM3. You wont "overwork" it though, you will just get fuel pressure drops, which you can easily see in datalogs. No matter which tune you run, you should be datalogging at least intermittently.

As far as the maps go, i think you are confusing multimap and flex fuel. The MM allows you to switch between pre-set maps using the wheel controls. If you have flex fuel, the sensor will be used to adjust the selected tune (which is essentially the base map) based on ethanol.
Appreciate 2
      10-27-2023, 09:31 PM   #11
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You will not overwork your LPFP, its fine until about E60-70 no problem.

The HPFP will max out if you overshoot E30 significantly on stage 2 BM3. You wont "overwork" it though, you will just get fuel pressure drops, which you can easily see in datalogs. No matter which tune you run, you should be datalogging at least intermittently.

As far as the maps go, i think you are confusing multimap and flex fuel. The MM allows you to switch between pre-set maps using the wheel controls. If you have flex fuel, the sensor will be used to adjust the selected tune (which is essentially the base map) based on ethanol.
Oh I see, so basically as long as I'm under e30 I won't get fuel pressure drops. And as long as I do Logs, I would catch anything unusual.

So for the Multi Map Stage 2, I would just basically choose my Stage 2 ACN or should I choose regular Stage 2 on Bootmod3? The reason for ACN is the lower quality gas, would adding e85 make the quality go higher, therefore I can choose regular Stage 2 on Bm3?

I'm a little less hesitant now.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 10:17 AM   #12
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh I see, so basically as long as I'm under e30 I won't get fuel pressure drops. And as long as I do Logs, I would catch anything unusual.

So for the Multi Map Stage 2, I would just basically choose my Stage 2 ACN or should I choose regular Stage 2 on Bootmod3? The reason for ACN is the lower quality gas, would adding e85 make the quality go higher, therefore I can choose regular Stage 2 on Bm3?

I would suggest not doing that because you aren’t utilizing the advantages of FlexFuel.

WHAT TUNE TO INSTALL:
You should choose the STAGE 1/2/2+ that matches the hardware installed on your car. Where you choose the type of fuel for that STAGE, go all the way down the menus past the various octanes and Choose MULTIMAP. Choosing MULTIMAP insures that you will be running the FlexFuel function. Now within each MULTIMAP tune there are four tune choices.

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT here that you choose the lowest fuel grade that you will put in the tank. FlexFuel already knows that it’s maximum is E100 if the sensor tells it that is what’s in the tank. These four choices are asking you what the MINIMUM grade of fuel it should expect in the tank. So if you intend to put E30 in the tank but you know that if you are stuck sometimes you or your wife or your kid or your cousin might put ACN91 in the tank. Then you absolutely choose ACN91 from within MultiMap. If the sensor tells the tune that it sees E20, E25, E28, E30, E32 or whatever, the MultiMap tune will scale up the engine performance to unlock that extra power in the fuel. But you won’t have to worry if someone puts a lower grade in the tank, the MultiMap tune will flex down to that and not hurt your engine.

Note: You can flip between those four map choices within MultiMap using steering wheel controls. But I would only suggest doing it that way if you are the only one who drives the car and you are absolutely sure that you will remember to reset the fuel minimum if you put lower octane fuel in the tank. Family members won’t remember no matter how much you train them. (Ask me how I know!)

More details below…
————————————

Here’s a simple method that I use to understand Bootmod3 tunes.

Tunes are organized into Stages based on the level of hardware mods installed on the car. You don’t want to try to run a tune that your engine is that prepared to handle.

BM3 STAGE1 means that the engine is completely stock. The one caveat is that some engines especially, the N55, really require an upgraded chargepipe. The stock CP has a poor design so it often breaks.

BM3 STAGE2 means that a free flow catted or catless downpipe has been installed. The stock DP has too much backpressure at they higher boost levels of a Stage2 tune which can damage the turbo. Those higher boost levels also overload the stock air-to-air intercooler on the N20/N55 engines. That causes high Intake Air Temperatures (IATs). The engine protects itself with excessive timing adjustments and even by cutting throttle if necessary. The B48/B58 engines use a higher capacity air-to-water IC that doesn’t need to be upgraded.

BM3 STAGE2+ means that in addition to Stage1/2 hardware upgrades, the High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) has been upgraded.

HARDWARE UPGRADES: It’s important to understand that Bootmod3 expects the car owner to do their own research for hardware upgrades. They are going to tell people that there are different makers and sizes of fuel pump upgrades, or that other components may need to be upgraded along with them. Individual research is important.

FROM A FUEL STANDPOINT, there are two types of tunes:

1) STATIC TUNES- are written expecting a very specific fuel in the car’s tank. If a static tune is installed, for example Stage2 93 Octane, and only 91 Octane is in the tank then bad things can happen to the engine.

2) FLEX FUEL TUNES-
First they require that a FlexFuel sensor is installed in the car’s fuel line to tell the FlexFuel tune running on the engine the exact ethanol percentage from 0-100 that is being fed to the engine. Two things have to happen, the FlexFuel sensor must be installed AND a FlexFuel tune must be installed. Gotta have both or the car isn’t running FlexFuel.

In Bootmod3 only the MultiMap tunes are FlexFuel tunes. So if a car has a FlexFuel sensor, but isn’t running a MultiMap tune, then it isn’t running FlexFuel.

As stated above make sure to set one of the four maps within MultiMap to the LOWEST fuel quality that will be in the tank.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2023, 03:40 PM   #13
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Yes, you should be fine E30 or under. And yes, fuel pressure drops will be obvious in the logs. There's literally parameters for HPFP pressure actual and target.

When you say "regular" stage 2 are you talking about stage 2 91? There is a "stage" and then a fuel selection. If you are running 91 pump gas, run the ACN map. If you add E30 fuel, switch to the E30 map. This is for a situation with no flex fuel sensor. You just chose the map appropriate for the fuel in your tank.

And Yes, you can add some ethanol to your tank to raise octane and run the 91 map instead of ACN. Normally ~2 gallons of E85 and the rest 91 pump gas will get you enough octane to run the normal 91 map.

John explained what to do if you DO add the flex fuel sensor - i.e., use multimap.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2023, 04:43 PM   #14
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, you should be fine E30 or under. And yes, fuel pressure drops will be obvious in the logs. There's literally parameters for HPFP pressure actual and target.

When you say "regular" stage 2 are you talking about stage 2 91? There is a "stage" and then a fuel selection. If you are running 91 pump gas, run the ACN map. If you add E30 fuel, switch to the E30 map. This is for a situation with no flex fuel sensor. You just chose the map appropriate for the fuel in your tank.

And Yes, you can add some ethanol to your tank to raise octane and run the 91 map instead of ACN. Normally ~2 gallons of E85 and the rest 91 pump gas will get you enough octane to run the normal 91 map.

John explained what to do if you DO add the flex fuel sensor - i.e., use multimap.
Thanks a lot for all the information! Feel a lot better now
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 04:44 PM   #15
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
I would suggest not doing that because you aren’t utilizing the advantages of FlexFuel.

WHAT TUNE TO INSTALL:
You should choose the STAGE 1/2/2+ that matches the hardware installed on your car. Where you choose the type of fuel for that STAGE, go all the way down the menus past the various octanes and Choose MULTIMAP. Choosing MULTIMAP insures that you will be running the FlexFuel function. Now within each MULTIMAP tune there are four tune choices.

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT here that you choose the lowest fuel grade that you will put in the tank. FlexFuel already knows that it’s maximum is E100 if the sensor tells it that is what’s in the tank. These four choices are asking you what the MINIMUM grade of fuel it should expect in the tank. So if you intend to put E30 in the tank but you know that if you are stuck sometimes you or your wife or your kid or your cousin might put ACN91 in the tank. Then you absolutely choose ACN91 from within MultiMap. If the sensor tells the tune that it sees E20, E25, E28, E30, E32 or whatever, the MultiMap tune will scale up the engine performance to unlock that extra power in the fuel. But you won’t have to worry if someone puts a lower grade in the tank, the MultiMap tune will flex down to that and not hurt your engine.

Note: You can flip between those four map choices within MultiMap using steering wheel controls. But I would only suggest doing it that way if you are the only one who drives the car and you are absolutely sure that you will remember to reset the fuel minimum if you put lower octane fuel in the tank. Family members won’t remember no matter how much you train them. (Ask me how I know!)

More details below…
————————————

Here’s a simple method that I use to understand Bootmod3 tunes.

Tunes are organized into Stages based on the level of hardware mods installed on the car. You don’t want to try to run a tune that your engine is that prepared to handle.

BM3 STAGE1 means that the engine is completely stock. The one caveat is that some engines especially, the N55, really require an upgraded chargepipe. The stock CP has a poor design so it often breaks.

BM3 STAGE2 means that a free flow catted or catless downpipe has been installed. The stock DP has too much backpressure at they higher boost levels of a Stage2 tune which can damage the turbo. Those higher boost levels also overload the stock air-to-air intercooler on the N20/N55 engines. That causes high Intake Air Temperatures (IATs). The engine protects itself with excessive timing adjustments and even by cutting throttle if necessary. The B48/B58 engines use a higher capacity air-to-water IC that doesn’t need to be upgraded.

BM3 STAGE2+ means that in addition to Stage1/2 hardware upgrades, the High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) has been upgraded.

HARDWARE UPGRADES: It’s important to understand that Bootmod3 expects the car owner to do their own research for hardware upgrades. They are going to tell people that there are different makers and sizes of fuel pump upgrades, or that other components may need to be upgraded along with them. Individual research is important.

FROM A FUEL STANDPOINT, there are two types of tunes:

1) STATIC TUNES- are written expecting a very specific fuel in the car’s tank. If a static tune is installed, for example Stage2 93 Octane, and only 91 Octane is in the tank then bad things can happen to the engine.

2) FLEX FUEL TUNES-
First they require that a FlexFuel sensor is installed in the car’s fuel line to tell the FlexFuel tune running on the engine the exact ethanol percentage from 0-100 that is being fed to the engine. Two things have to happen, the FlexFuel sensor must be installed AND a FlexFuel tune must be installed. Gotta have both or the car isn’t running FlexFuel.

In Bootmod3 only the MultiMap tunes are FlexFuel tunes. So if a car has a FlexFuel sensor, but isn’t running a MultiMap tune, then it isn’t running FlexFuel.

As stated above make sure to set one of the four maps within MultiMap to the LOWEST fuel quality that will be in the tank.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for all the helpful information, I am more comfortable now that I know all this information
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      11-02-2023, 11:21 AM   #16
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

im also getting the BMW Flex fuel kit for my car.

I will be doing a full install / unboxing video, hopefully that'll be helpful

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      11-04-2023, 04:28 PM   #17
Juice247
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW 440xi Gran Coupe

Honestly, one REALLY nice benefit of flex fuel, regardless of maxing out power, is that the engine runs smoother overall as it automatically accounts for variation on the fly. No amount of measuring, testing and calculation resulted in my engine running as smooth as it does with Flex.
      11-04-2023, 10:33 PM   #18
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice247 View Post
Honestly, one REALLY nice benefit of flex fuel, regardless of maxing out power, is that the engine runs smoother overall as it automatically accounts for variation on the fly. No amount of measuring, testing and calculation resulted in my engine running as smooth as it does with Flex.
That's the primary benefit of flex fuel
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 12:12 PM   #19
UncleBoost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 335i Pure 750

Hello can anyone confirm if the fuel hat version of bm3 flex fuel kit works with any of the upgraded lpfp for n55?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 09:21 PM   #20
Shaggz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
im also getting the BMW Flex fuel kit for my car.

I will be doing a full install / unboxing video, hopefully that'll be helpful
did you ever do the video? and i am curious on which of the n55 f series options is the new one. under the car or fuel hat?
      01-06-2024, 12:30 PM   #21
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggz View Post
did you ever do the video? and i am curious on which of the n55 f series options is the new one. under the car or fuel hat?
Not yet. Both versions were released at the same time.

the OEM location is hidden and stick to OEM location per the name
under the car is easier to get to

I picked OEM to keep a cleaner install

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 05:04 PM   #22
Shaggz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Not yet. Both versions were released at the same time.

the OEM location is hidden and stick to OEM location per the name
under the car is easier to get to

I picked OEM to keep a cleaner install
i remember seeing somewhere people were having the ones on the top hat getting too hot and melting stuff.... was this bm3 or another brand? do you recall?