F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > New car day ruined but sorted after all!
Extreme Powerhouse

04-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

New car day ruined but sorted after all!

Well to start with I got my car delivered to dealer on Tuesday lunch time, went over to see her later in the afternoon looked gorgeous(very dusty though). Went back on Wednesday morning to give her a good wash at their prep-centre and left there to be collected today moorning. Had a quick look around at the handover bay everything looked fine so signed all paperwork for my 320ixdrive to go in and the new one as well. Went back to the car pulled out of the handover bay to have a final check only to discover that there's a small door dent on passenger side front door. Very small but beeing an OCD I've noticed in a certain angle. So needless to say I went ballistic even saying I'm refusing the car and I want another ordered(I'm not sure if it was already there from transport or happened after I cleaned it and just haven't noticed) or just walking away without any car but after a long time of calming me down and discussion with manger and dealer principle I agreed to have the paint less dent removal guy over(I actually personally know from my time working there before) and if it's not perfect afterwards we'll see what can be done. Luckily the dent was very easy to pop out(it was tiny really) after lowering the window down it took him seconds really and it is perfect. Fortunately it all worked out well at the end and the car is perfect no scratches as I washed myself but definitely ruined the whole new car experience. I know I'm OTT and probably most people wouldn't even have noticed it but I did and I made big financial sacrafice to be able to have a perfect new car which I never had before. As I mentioned I've worked there before so I know exactly what's happening at dealerships hardly any car gets delivered without some sort of damage(on their long journey from factory to dealer)and it's a usual routine getting them right before handover I've seen even respraying or swapping panels right before pick up etc. I was actually offered swapping a door from another new car before the DPR guy showed up. As they say it's all good if the end it's good so I've got her home now looking great and I'm actually happy and pleased which I didn't think will happen just a few hours ago and hard to believe such a different an engine makes like a completely different car to my previous f30! Will post some pictures soon

Last edited by Sabo; 04-17-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #2
alienranch
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Sounds like it's all good now. Enjoy the new drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienranch View Post
Sounds like it's all good now. Enjoy the new drive.
+1