F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Advice - M sport 31 Tourer
Studio RSR

06-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
sw1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Skoda Superb

Advice - M sport 31 Tourer

Hi All,

I've had several BMW's over the years from new, due to owning two large dogs I purchased a Skoda Superb 4x4 Elegance Estate 170bhp Diesel, having owned it for just after a year I'm well and truly bored and looking at coming back to BMW.

Plus everyone else I see driving one is 50 years old or a taxi driver.

I've been following the forum since seeing the F31 M sport in Estoril blue. Very tempted however the spec I want comes out around 37K at list.

Can anyone advise realistically the level of discount (is 6 - 10 % Realistic) and APR (I saw 12% on the site which is a joke), I'm looking to put down a 5k deposit.

I receive a good car allowance but I don't want to throw my savings in as a deposit.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
ikonic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 328I M-Sport

Well on the F30 other lines (non M-Sport) BMW was running a 5.9% APR deal.

As far as I'm aware, they weren't willing to this on the M-Sport (although I think Rjberry managed to get it) and I think you're looking at closer to 8 or 9%APR as I understand it.

As for discounts, I think you might struggle to get 10% at this stage (pre M-sport launch). However, am sure you'd definitely get that if you were willing to wait. The early adopters always pay the most!

I think the best thing you can do is sit down with a dealer and discuss your options.

Too many variables to list really - do you want PCP or HP?

Since you're looking to finance anyway, it would be more effective to look at how much you'll pay for the term - I wouldn't worry about the "raw" discount they give you - since it might be skewed by what you pay on interest.
Appreciate 0