F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 320I N20 weird mechanical whine or chain noise?
ARMA SPEED

09-14-2020, 04:09 AM   #1
Zain1111720
Registered
Rep
Drives: F34 320i

320I N20 weird mechanical whine or chain noise?

Hi all,

Was just wondering if someone can give me some advice on the issues I am having on my car. Its a recently purchased 2015 320i F34 Xdrive with 50,000 miles.

The car drives fine and seems to have no issues and has full service history and no loss of power.

However during medium to hard acceleration from a stop to about 40mph there is a strange like whining rumbling noise that sounds like a loose belt or something. Basically as I put my foot on the accelerator the noise is audible till about 2000rpm then gear drops and it stops and so on. Its seems related to RPM and there are no weird noise when revving in park or cruising on motorway speeds.

Also ocassionally I have noticed the noise can be worse when accelerating off a turn quickly particularly left turns and feels like the gears are getting stuck.

I have scanned in Bimmerlink and have the following unclearable errors in INFO memory not error memory if that makes a difference. Car is out of warranty so any advice is appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0