F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > VET is on the cover of the latest F1 Racing magazine and it's not good....
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-18-2019, 08:03 AM   #45
msk340i
Lieutenant
354
Rep
471
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Sportbild.com (translated):
Binotto tells SPORT BILD: "The whole team supports him and loves him! Ferrari loves Sebastian! The Ferrari fans love Sebastian! They celebrated it very euphorically in Milan at our 90th anniversary event - and that was to Spa, where he did not have his best day. "
"Sebastian is a leader. He helps us to develop in the right direction and keeps coming up with new ideas and possibilities. Sebastian drives us to get better and better. He not only has drivers, but an important part of the team. This was seen in the team photo after his disappointment in Monza and felt: All have rhythmically clapped their hands and called 'SEB-SEB-SEB'. "
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #46
msk340i
Lieutenant
354
Rep
471
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

I remember when Vettel won in Singapore 2015 and they gathered to take a team picture he stopped everyone and demanded they put P3 next to P1 on the board because he wanted to celebrate RAI's third place.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #47
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1568
Rep
2,468
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

I do have a bone to pick with VET and the Monza incident. He screwed up, slid off, and was full on the throttle before his car even stopped moving. He was perpendicular to the racing line at the time and cars were streaming past. His only concern seemed to be getting underway. In contrast Stroll, also perpendicular to the racing line, waited until cars stopped going by and then attempted to rejoin the track (he got unlucky in that one more car was still coming). When one considers what happened at Spa just a week earlier, Vettel's actions were beyond thoughtless.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #48
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I do have a bone to pick with VET and the Monza incident. He screwed up, slid off, and was full on the throttle before his car even stopped moving. He was perpendicular to the racing line at the time and cars were streaming past. His only concern seemed to be getting underway. In contrast Stroll, also perpendicular to the racing line, waited until cars stopped going by and then attempted to rejoin the track (he got unlucky in that one more car was still coming). When one considers what happened at Spa just a week earlier, Vettel's actions were beyond thoughtless.
VET could not see anything from the side because of the high side protection on top of the cockpit and the HANS head protection support that prevents turning your head sideways completely. He was on the throttle as if the wheels stopped spinning he may have bogged down and the anti stall also plays a part.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #49
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
438
Rep
1,014
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

VET couldn't see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
VET could not see anything from the side because of the high side protection on top of the cockpit and the HANS head protection support that prevents turning your head sideways completely. He was on the throttle as if the wheels stopped spinning he may have bogged down and the anti stall also plays a part.
Requesting the quote of "VET could not see anything from the side because of the high side protection on top of the cockpit and the HANS head protection support that prevents turning your head sideways completely" be clarified....is this an opinion or is this a fact from another source.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 02:32 AM   #50
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Requesting the quote of "VET could not see anything from the side because of the high side protection on top of the cockpit and the HANS head protection support that prevents turning your head sideways completely" be clarified....is this an opinion or is this a fact from another source.
Have a look at some side pictures of current F1 cars with the drivers in full kit and seat belts affixed, current regulations offering side head protection prevent a full side view in fact making it extremely difficult.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #51
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
438
Rep
1,014
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

VET's video of the spin speaks for itself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Have a look at some side pictures of current F1 cars with the drivers in full kit and seat belts affixed, current regulations offering side head protection prevent a full side view in fact making it extremely difficult.


Watch VET look to his left and can see STR approaching....and chooses to drive forward and directly into STR's path....

FIA F1 Sporting Regulations require a driver to re-enter the track safely....your description absolves VET from doing so....it is the driver's responsibility to prevent accidents such as this....this was not an accident....an accident by definition can be prevented....this was an incident....a concious choice to re-enter the track unsafely which led to serious consequences
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #52
msk340i
Lieutenant
354
Rep
471
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Requesting the quote of "VET could not see anything from the side because of the high side protection on top of the cockpit and the HANS head protection support that prevents turning your head sideways completely" be clarified....is this an opinion or is this a fact from another source.
It is a fact. Watch Palmer's analysis, that's what he said.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #53
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post


Watch VET look to his left and can see STR approaching....and chooses to drive forward and directly into STR's path....

FIA F1 Sporting Regulations require a driver to re-enter the track safely....your description absolves VET from doing so....it is the driver's responsibility to prevent accidents such as this....this was not an accident....an accident by definition can be prevented....this was an incident....a concious choice to re-enter the track unsafely which led to serious consequences
VET was already coming back onto the track slowly with caution watching where he was GOING and by the time STR came into his vision STR (seing everything all the time) could have pulled over a trifle more seing VET's predicament and there would be no clip.All the time VET was proceeding slowly not seing STR 'till the last moment and giving him room to avoid.
Indeed it was STR himself shortly afterwards who forced another driver completely off the track with his manoeuvre annoyed and rattled that he could have avoided the VET car with some more grey matter.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:16 PM   #54
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
438
Rep
1,014
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

This interpretation is, well....hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
VET was already coming back onto the track slowly with caution watching where he was GOING and by the time STR came into his vision STR (seing everything all the time) could have pulled over a trifle more seing VET's predicament and there would be no clip.All the time VET was proceeding slowly not seing STR 'till the last moment and giving him room to avoid.
Indeed it was STR himself shortly afterwards who forced another driver completely off the track with his manoeuvre annoyed and rattled that he could have avoided the VET car with some more grey matter.
....the video is factual....interpretations are not; again....the FIA F1 Sporting Regulations require drivers re-enter the track in a safe manner; VET hit STR (even though STR attempted to evade impact).

In case you have not been counting....the FIA considered the Monza incident of re-entering the track in an unsafe manner a "dangerous incident".

Additionally, the total sum of VET's altercations have placed him in peril of receiving a one-race ban....is this the professional results of a four-time WDC? Results don't lie....VET is off the rails and on thin ice with the FIA....

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...an-monza-error

From the ESPN article:
"As he rolled back onto the track, he caught the passing Racing Point car of Lance Stroll. Stroll was sent into a spin, while Vettel suffered front wing damage which forced him to pit immediately. He would visit the pit-lane again shortly afterwards to suffer a stop-go penalty, where he had to sit stationary in the box for 10 seconds and then leave immediately. The only penalty more severe is a black flag, which denotes an instant disqualification.

In their report, the stewards said it deemed it a "dangerous incident". On top of his in-race penalty, Vettel was awarded three points on his superlicence, meaning he now has accumulated nine over a rolling 12-month period.

A driver is automatically banned for one race if they accumulate 12 points in that time span. None of Vettel's existing points expire until the U.S. Grand Prix in November, meaning the German driver will be on thin ice in the races before then."
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
wdb1567.50

      09-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #55
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
727
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post


Watch VET look to his left and can see STR approaching....and chooses to drive forward and directly into STR's path....

FIA F1 Sporting Regulations require a driver to re-enter the track safely....your description absolves VET from doing so....it is the driver's responsibility to prevent accidents such as this....this was not an accident....an accident by definition can be prevented....this was an incident....a concious choice to re-enter the track unsafely which led to serious consequences
You say this wasn't an "accident". So Vettel purposefully hit Stroll? Seems quite advantageous for Vettel lol.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #56
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18749
Rep
11,353
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
You say this wasn't an "accident". So Vettel purposefully hit Stroll? Seems quite advantageous for Vettel lol.
Sebastian saw who and what was coming . He turned his head and saw it , but it took more time that he expected caused by his wheel spin .
The F1 race clock is ticking really fast ....Every driver hates to loose time , even in a lost position it's a adrenaline reaction from off the track.
His situation was not intentional . It was misjudged under pressure and stress .
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 02:42 AM   #57
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....the video is factual....interpretations are not; again....the FIA F1 Sporting Regulations require drivers re-enter the track in a safe manner; VET hit STR (even though STR attempted to evade impact).

In case you have not been counting....the FIA considered the Monza incident of re-entering the track in an unsafe manner a "dangerous incident".

Additionally, the total sum of VET's altercations have placed him in peril of receiving a one-race ban....is this the professional results of a four-time WDC? Results don't lie....VET is off the rails and on thin ice with the FIA....

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...an-monza-error

From the ESPN article:
"As he rolled back onto the track, he caught the passing Racing Point car of Lance Stroll. Stroll was sent into a spin, while Vettel suffered front wing damage which forced him to pit immediately. He would visit the pit-lane again shortly afterwards to suffer a stop-go penalty, where he had to sit stationary in the box for 10 seconds and then leave immediately. The only penalty more severe is a black flag, which denotes an instant disqualification.

In their report, the stewards said it deemed it a "dangerous incident". On top of his in-race penalty, Vettel was awarded three points on his superlicence, meaning he now has accumulated nine over a rolling 12-month period.

A driver is automatically banned for one race if they accumulate 12 points in that time span. None of Vettel's existing points expire until the U.S. Grand Prix in November, meaning the German driver will be on thin ice in the races before then."
Are you now going to say that STR could see GAS coming at him and forced him off the track completely,your hilarity knows no bounds.
*Another point that has not been mentioned is the gap between the eyeline and the protruding edge of the safety helmet further reduces the already small angle of visibility,though VET's helmet appeared to move left as if to watch who was coming I believe he could not actually see anyone until it was too late giving viewers a false impression that he could see what was coming.

Last edited by M5theonlyone; 09-20-2019 at 04:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 04:53 AM   #58
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
727
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sebastian saw who and what was coming . He turned his head and saw it , but it took more time that he expected caused by his wheel spin .
The F1 race clock is ticking really fast ....Every driver hates to loose time , even in a lost position it's a adrenaline reaction from off the track.
His situation was not intentional . It was misjudged under pressure and stress .
Meh, everybody is speculating on what/when he could see. I don't think we actually have any idea, but I don't doubt that he couldn't see Stroll until it was too late.

He either had to roll the dice with the gap he knew was there or wait another minute to pull out safely after everybody had passed. Either way he was f'd, so this was probably his best chance at salvaging the race.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2019, 06:33 AM   #59
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1568
Rep
2,468
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
His situation was not intentional . It was misjudged under pressure and stress .
It's his consistent misjudgment, and occasional ventures into the red mist, that have earned him so many points on his racing license over his career. This is not the first time VET has been at risk of a full race ban.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2019, 08:36 AM   #60
madmax240
Private First Class
69
Rep
126
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (0)

There is probably only 2 realistic replacements for Vettel. Dan Ric is one.
https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/09...rrari-in-2021/
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #61
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
438
Rep
1,014
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Perhaps your viewpoint....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Are you now going to say that STR could see GAS coming at him and forced him off the track completely,your hilarity knows no bounds.
*Another point that has not been mentioned is the gap between the eyeline and the protruding edge of the safety helmet further reduces the already small angle of visibility,though VET's helmet appeared to move left as if to watch who was coming I believe he could not actually see anyone until it was too late giving viewers a false impression that he could see what was coming.
....should be presented to the FIA hearing in Paris....the end result will be they will state VET re-entered the track in an unsafe manner....is this due to VET's poor judgement? not wanting to wait to re-enter the track safely? not being able to have line of sight due to the car's construction?....

Results don't lie....VET's behavior is in violation of the FIA F1 Sporting Regulations, to the extent he is on thin ice due to multiple poor judgement altercations....VET has lost his way and the FIA is simply agreeing with VET's choices, which have caused on-track havoc....life is full of choices, and VET continues to make choices that make him look like a bar fighter instead of an F1 pilot.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 09:47 AM   #62
apexit4
Captain
Poland
299
Rep
699
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax240 View Post
There is probably only 2 realistic replacements for Vettel. Dan Ric is one.
https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/09...rrari-in-2021/
As much as I'd love to see Ricciardo at Ferrari, it should be noted that it's just the Italian media suggesting he could be a candidate. I'm curious if they have any sources suggesting that but I feel it might just be speculation.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #63
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1356
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....should be presented to the FIA hearing in Paris....the end result will be they will state VET re-entered the track in an unsafe manner....is this due to VET's poor judgement? not wanting to wait to re-enter the track safely? not being able to have line of sight due to the car's construction?....

Results don't lie....VET's behavior is in violation of the FIA F1 Sporting Regulations, to the extent he is on thin ice due to multiple poor judgement altercations....VET has lost his way and the FIA is simply agreeing with VET's choices, which have caused on-track havoc....life is full of choices, and VET continues to make choices that make him look like a bar fighter instead of an F1 pilot.
I'll tell you something, if VET had been in a car where the head stands proud from the top of the bodywork then for sure I would be berating Seb,but now this is FIA requirement to have HANS and bodywork side impact sponge nearly covering the helmet. In this instance Seb could not see until it was too late BECAUSE of the requirements of FIA themselves, thus the 3 penalty points should be rescinded because of this anomaly.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #64
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
438
Rep
1,014
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I'll tell you something, if VET had been in a car where the head stands proud from the top of the bodywork then for sure I would be berating Seb,but now this is FIA requirement to have HANS and bodywork side impact sponge nearly covering the helmet. In this instance Seb could not see until it was too late BECAUSE of the requirements of FIA themselves, thus the 3 penalty points should be rescinded because of this anomaly.
This line of defense for bad behavior didn’t fly with the FIA....waiting for the safe time to re-enter the track is the only solution....the “I couldn’t see” petitions fall on deaf ears, including the FIA F1 Sporting Regulations.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #65
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
727
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

I bet most of the drivers would've done the same thing in his position if they couldn't see for shit, rather than waiting for the entire field to pass. Stroll talked shit and immediately did the same thing. They ALL talk shit about other drivers' actions and then do the same things. The problem is that Vettel has been doing all of the different negative things the past couple seasons haha.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #66
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18749
Rep
11,353
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
As much as I'd love to see Ricciardo at Ferrari, it should be noted that it's just the Italian media suggesting he could be a candidate. I'm curious if they have any sources suggesting that but I feel it might just be speculation.
Ricciardo got too much money from Renault .
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST