F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 3 Series LCI: Information, Pictures and Videos
Extreme Powerhouse

05-08-2015, 05:37 AM   #265
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
For me the most significant thing is track handling package with oem non rft and hopefully that will include m performance suspension. The 3 series will be a completely different beast with these two things.
Ya, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this. The RFT kill the handling on the standard F30. I bet the track package will make it a "driving machine " again.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 06:04 AM   #266
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I frequent this board often and it seemed to me the major desires for the 3 series LCI was that people wanted a car that was biased more towards performance.... Oh and LED lighting.

BMW announced an LCI (not a new car) with totally new engines, new transmissions, new chassis/suspension, new steering, new navigation, new comfort/convenience features, and the LED lighting so many deemed a requirement. They also addressed another popular gripe by making the standard Lines and equipment better; even equipping standard Sport line features and adding flexibility with colors (read: brown leather on more lines). Do I need to mention there is now a track option with Pilot Super Sports included too?

What is the reaction? Foot stomping about how BMW didn't do enough! It "looks the same!" Very revealing guys! It shows what you actually value... Form over function.

05-08-2015, 06:20 AM   #267
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I frequent this board often and it seemed to me the major desires for the 3 series LCI was that people wanted a car that was biased more towards performance.... Oh and LED lighting.

BMW announced an LCI (not a new car) with totally new engines, new transmissions, new chassis/suspension, new steering, new navigation, new comfort/convenience features, and the LED lighting so many deemed a requirement. They also addressed another popular gripe by making the standard Lines and equipment better; even equipping standard Sport line features and adding flexibility with colors (read: brown leather on more lines). Do I need to mention there is now a track option with Pilot Super Sports included too?

What is the reaction? Foot stomping about how BMW didn't do enough! It "looks the same!" Very revealing guys! It shows what you actually value... Form over function.

I think it over all does look the same, but there are hopefully a plethora of handling and under the hood improvements.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 06:22 AM   #268
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc123 View Post
where did you see that? I'm looking through the press kit pdf and I don't see anything about the 4.
It's not in the press pdf, it's in other threads in regards to the model years and changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90 View Post
252HP is less than I would have expected. Guess I'll get into a 2016 328 LCI for a lot less per month than a 2017 330. For only 10HP less - I can deal with that.
BMW said in 2012 that is was targeting 40-67 hp per 500cc for the new B38 and B48, so the 330i is at the upper end of that target. I guess they could release a PPK and bump it all the way to 268 hp though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 06:40 AM   #269
Devoin
Turkey
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320D M Sport Plus

Hey guys,
Do you have any information,if the 320i ED (1600cc 170hp) engine will have any changes.I read some rumors that it will upgraded to 177hp.
I checked the 3 series LCI PDF presented on bmwgroup,there is some information about the new 318i who will replace 316i with 1.5 136hp engine but nothing about 320iED.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 06:43 AM   #270
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Ya, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this. The RFT kill the handling on the standard F30. I bet the track package will make it a "driving machine " again.
Ya, everyone's talking about small changes to exterior colors and headlights. C'mon! Whatever this track package is may be THE game changer for the 3er LCI.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 06:47 AM   #271
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC

This

I think the LCI will be a different beast especially with what went under the skin. My initial impression was with the external bits but that was 5% of the LCI. 95% is what lies beneath that.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #272
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Maybe I missed it but what is different about the track package that wasn't already part of available options? You can get variable steering, M brakes, adaptive suspension, etc. Now clearly they are saying these items are "improved" but up until the road tests are available it's only marketing. The suspension is the exception as they clearly made real changes.

In fact the 8AT has wider ratios which means less performance.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:21 AM   #273
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pups06112003 View Post
LOL, thanks! I will be sure to take a lot of photos! I see you are waiting for M2 right? So am I! and in LBB too!
Please do, that will look amazing.

I'm really excited about the M2. Haven't been this excited since the E9x M3 was unveiled. It was between the M2 and actually an FO F80, but unfortunately, I'd need a bigger car for it to work as a DD because of my 2 dogs. If they had made an M3 Touring, I would have gone for an FO Touring, with cloth and 6MT. That would be a dream car for me!!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:23 AM   #274
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Options and Packages enable further individualization.

The content of the previous Sport Line is now standard on 328i, 328d and 340i (including xDrive models) which features high-gloss exterior components including black kidney grills, black B-Pillars and a black high-gloss element on the rear bumper. The tailpipe trim is also in black chrome while high-gloss black finishers surrounding the air-intakes with aluminum-type decorative elements support the overall sporty look of the new BMW 3 Series.

The Sport Line also enhances the look and feel of the interior by utilizing a sport instrument cluster with specific printing and chrono-scaling, an anthracite headliner as well as Sports Seats with side-bolsters. Now, no longer limited to the Luxury Package, the new 3 Series offers Saddle Brown Dakota Leather with dark brown highlights.
This is why it's confusing. The "content of the previous Sport Line is now standard", but "the Sport Line also enhances the look and feel of the interior..." My read of this part of the release is that certain cosmetic features of the Sport Line are standard on 328's and up: "including black kidney grills, black B-Pillars and a black high-gloss element on the rear bumper". But the Sport Line will still exist to add "sport instrument cluster with specific printing and chrono-scaling, an anthracite headliner as well as Sports Seats with side-bolsters" and Sport Line wheels.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 07:27 AM   #275
SvR
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Maybe I missed it but what is different about the track package that wasn't already part of available options? You can get variable steering, M brakes, adaptive suspension, etc. Now clearly they are saying these items are "improved" but up until the road tests are available it's only marketing. The suspension is the exception as they clearly made real changes.
Its just about the fact that it comes in a package i guess. Interesting would be to see the price of that package.

Speaking of prices, I wonder if there will be major changes in offerings for executive/high executive, automatic, etc. when they make the LCI version available. Also if the contents of existing pacakages will change (adding Shadowline to Sportline for example)... On the other hand, just picked up my brand new F30 pre LCI, so I dont wanna know

Last edited by SvR; 05-08-2015 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:28 AM   #276
moviebumm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

For more information and a visualizer, check out the link below.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...ml?#visualizer
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:36 AM   #277
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100
Maybe I missed it but what is different about the track package that wasn't already part of available options? You can get variable steering, M brakes, adaptive suspension, etc.
The addition of Michelin PSS tires is what is new. Considering I spent $900 on PSS when my run flat tires had <1k miles on them equals a genuine value... Not to mention the people that lease and would have to put run flats back on before turn in.
      05-08-2015, 08:20 AM   #278
sjpaul
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:

You couldn't have said it any better. So many enthusiast-oriented changes on this LCI, its incredible.

The track pack gets amazing reviews on the 228i, I think it will have the same impact on the F30. Pilot Super Sports FTW.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 08:29 AM   #279
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Sorry if this was covered but is there a significant iDrive change?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:32 AM   #280
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
Sorry if this was covered but is there a significant iDrive change?

The optional latest-generation Navigation System boasts quicker start-up, even faster route calculation along with more realistic 3D visualization in cities. The navigation maps are automatically updated free of charge for a period of three years via the embedded SIM cards and the vehicles LTE system. This LTE technology when fitted with the Navigation System enhances USB, Bluetooth and smartphone integration. This greatly improves network coverage and data transmission speeds, especially in rural areas.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2015, 08:33 AM   #281
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
For me the most significant thing is track handling package with oem non rft and hopefully that will include m performance suspension. The 3 series will be a completely different beast with these two things.
It seems clear that the track package is the DHP suspension with better brakes and tires. Nothing indicates that the other suspension components are different.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #282
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:

The optional latest-generation Navigation System boasts quicker start-up, even faster route calculation along with more realistic 3D visualization in cities. The navigation maps are automatically updated free of charge for a period of three years via the embedded SIM cards and the vehicles LTE system. This LTE technology when fitted with the Navigation System enhances USB, Bluetooth and smartphone integration. This greatly improves network coverage and data transmission speeds, especially in rural areas.
But the system is still NBT, same as in the 2014 and newer?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #283
sjpaul
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
It seems clear that the track package is the DHP suspension with better brakes and tires. Nothing indicates that the other suspension components are different.
It will probably include the adaptive suspension like on the 228i.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:47 AM   #284
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I mostly agree with this. Other than visually there are a lot of significant changes in this LCI, more than BMW usually makes mechanically. Lets see you significant the changes really are. But the reality is other than the B58 engine, none of these are "new" parts, just modified. For example the ZF transmission is the same but with modified gear ratios, probably for fuel economy. And the steering is the same but with a stiffer upper mount.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #285
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaul View Post
It will probably include the adaptive suspension like on the 228i.
How does this differ from DHP?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #286
BMWCarl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335ix M Sport

Quote:
Forgive me ... new to the forum ... what is RFT?

My .02 is that I love all the changes! (especially if they improve steering feel and body roll)

Anyone know if the comfort seats will finally be available in the 340i? (Like the ones offered in the 5 series)
Appreciate 0