F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Turner Motorsport F3x N55 Valved Exhaust Review (with sound clips)
GetBMWParts

06-29-2022, 01:21 PM   #45
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lechero View Post
Huh didn't realize there was a turbo outlet diameter change going to the EWG turbo from PWG.. glad I did check before mid project! FCP euro only gives me the 0508 which is the 3.5" so I'll have to do some digging apparently lol. Thanks for the feed back!
See my post here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...16&postcount=6

Further reading: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...hp?p=28586077#
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2022, 06:41 PM   #46
El Lechero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd_F30 View Post
Ok, for the few of you that may have been anticipating this video, here ya go:

Sorry this is all I had time to film. I've been very busy lately, but I'll get some better more well-rounded videos in the future. In the mean time, I hope that video and this little review are sufficient: When I first picked up the car after the downpipe install and drove it home I was somewhat underwhelmed with the sound... it really wasn't that much louder. Then I flashed the proper map (stage 2) and it woke up a bit. Not sure if that's because of more boost pressure or more burbles or what, but now that it's on the right tune it's exactly what I was looking for. It's a good bit louder than with the stock downpipe, and it did pick up some rasp, but I'm very happy with how it sounds. Also, the valve in the muffler becomes MUCH more useful with the catless downpipe installed. There is now a far more noticeable difference in volume between valve open vs. closed operation, something that wasn't really true with the stock downpipe. Overall, I think this is a great exhaust to pair with a catless downpipe. It is definitely not obnoxiously loud, but certainly loud enough to turn heads when you drive down the road and have an audible presence wherever your driving. And as you can see, it does get pretty loud when you stomp on it... All in all, highly reccomend!
After many months spent waiting on an Intercooler and numerous other small parts like that clamp I was having issues with, I finally got around to adding the CTS turbo down pipe to my turner catback set up as well. I would completely agree, sound is very underwhelming. I have a Bootmod3 stage 2 (no burbles) tube on it, this might make a sound difference idk. It sounds great, mine did get more raspy, it's almost quieter in my opinion at idle, it's more bassy but it's way quieter than I was expecting. Revs sound amazing though. However, I am also trying to work out some of the kinks and I'm not sure if I'm mishearing a sound or there's a boost leak. I just redid my charge pipe coupler and it's still giving a decent sound of air being "pushed" while under throttle in gear. I'm honestly not sure if this is just the sound of air rushing through the exhaust or if it is my MPPK Air box. This is also my first time having a down pipe & tune in a car, so maybe it's just noise im not used to hearing lol. Figured I'd run it past the forums. I did have a slight leak prior to adjusting, it's quieter now but still a decent sound of air being pushed
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 07:57 PM   #47
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
After many months spent waiting on an Intercooler and numerous other small parts like that clamp I was having issues with, I finally got around to adding the CTS turbo down pipe to my turner catback set up as well. I would completely agree, sound is very underwhelming. I have a Bootmod3 stage 2 (no burbles) tube on it, this might make a sound difference idk. It sounds great, mine did get more raspy, it's almost quieter in my opinion at idle, it's more bassy but it's way quieter than I was expecting. Revs sound amazing though. However, I am also trying to work out some of the kinks and I'm not sure if I'm mishearing a sound or there's a boost leak. I just redid my charge pipe coupler and it's still giving a decent sound of air being "pushed" while under throttle in gear. I'm honestly not sure if this is just the sound of air rushing through the exhaust or if it is my MPPK Air box. This is also my first time having a down pipe & tune in a car, so maybe it's just noise im not used to hearing lol. Figured I'd run it past the forums. I did have a slight leak prior to adjusting, it's quieter now but still a decent sound of air being pushed
It's hard to diagnose a book leak by sound, you need logs. You can hear more "air rushing" sound from both intake and DP/exhaust changes, it really depends where the sound is coming from.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 08:14 PM   #48
El Lechero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
It's hard to diagnose a book leak by sound, you need logs. You can hear more "air rushing" sound from both intake and DP/exhaust changes, it really depends where the sound is coming from.
Yeah, I'll have to get some logs and figure it out. I think it may just be turbo noise with the larger Intercooler, down pipe, no resonator that I'm not used to. I'll still get some logs to make sure. After doing some digging, I did find similar threads regarding similar sounds and that's what they said. Anyways, the exhaust does sound pretty good, I'll have to get a video for the thread when I can
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50