F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT2 Navigation and Reverse Camera Retrofit
Studio RSR

02-20-2019, 09:54 PM   #1
joedmonyo
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Base Model

NBT2 Navigation and Reverse Camera Retrofit

I have 2013 328i base model with VIN WBA3A5C54DF351380, My Donor car's VIN is WBA3A5C50DF356978 a 2016 320.

1. I did a NBT2 EVO retrofit, we are able to install/program the NBT2, partial digital instrument cluster, 8.8" screen and control pad but have to get an emulator. The issue I had, the map cannot locate my current location, it looks I am in the middle of the ocean now. I did the circling in the parking lot to calibrate the GPS, but still not successful. I noticed that the NBT2 EVO I got doesnt have external antenna connection and I it is internal or built in the NBT2.

Do I need some additional programming? Is it something to do with ATM?

2. I took the reverse camera including the cables and module from the "DONOR" car. I want to do retrofit, however I dont have parking distance control in my car neither the DONOR car.

What I have:

OEM camera module (and OEM mounting screw)
OEM trunk handle with OEM camera pre-installed
and camera cable

I do not have these:

Wiring harness
ODBII cable with RJ45 on other end to connect to computer for programming
OEM wire taps for 3 of the wires

Question: Will it be just a plug and play or I need to get additional parts?

Just FYI, all the equipment or parts I am installing are from the DONOR car and it is working fine when it was installed from the donor car. Unfortunately, the donor car got totaled that's why im pulling out parts there.

Appreciate any helpful response and please let me know if you need additional information.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 12:09 AM   #2
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedmonyo View Post
I have 2013 328i base model with VIN WBA3A5C54DF351380, My Donor car's VIN is WBA3A5C50DF356978 a 2016 320.

1. I did a NBT2 EVO retrofit, we are able to install/program the NBT2, partial digital instrument cluster, 8.8" screen and control pad but have to get an emulator. The issue I had, the map cannot locate my current location, it looks I am in the middle of the ocean now. I did the circling in the parking lot to calibrate the GPS, but still not successful. I noticed that the NBT2 EVO I got doesnt have external antenna connection and I it is internal or built in the NBT2.

2. I took the reverse camera including the cables and module from the "DONOR" car. I want to do retrofit, however I dont have parking distance control in my car neither the DONOR car.

What I have:

and camera cable

I do not have these:

Wiring harness

Just FYI, all the equipment or parts I am installing are from the DONOR car and it is working fine when it was installed from the donor car. Unfortunately, the donor car got totaled that's why im pulling out parts there.

Appreciate any helpful response and please let me know if you need additional information.
1. I think you need the ATM to make the nav work.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 12:57 AM   #3
joedmonyo
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Base Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Thank you and appreciate your response. Do you know where I can find the ATM inside the DONOR car? Is it the trunk version? I took the module (in the trunk) that connects the camera to the NBT2 EVO not sure if its the same module.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 01:24 AM   #4
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Thank you and appreciate your response. Do you know where I can find the ATM inside the DONOR car? Is it the trunk version? I took the module (in the trunk) that connects the camera to the NBT2 EVO not sure if its the same module.
Use RealOem.com to locate where the ATM module... I have found brand new ATM modules on Ebay for a little over $200. The problem is how to connect power to it as you will need a special harness.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #5
gizmo1908
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:

What I have:

and camera cable

I do not have these:

Wiring harness

Quote:

What I have:

and camera cable

I do not have these:

Wiring harness

The atm can be in de trunk or under the antenna. You need the wiring harness. And you need to keep the donorvin on the hu. So you will need a emulator.

It wont be plug and play. Dont forget the bt, gps and wifi antenna.

I dit the same retrofit but didnt retrofit the atm. I used a gps emulator as i dont care about what the atm has to offer. No extra wires needed.

I had nav and bt so i used existing antennas. I bought a aftermarket wifi antenna for carplay.

Works like a charm
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
sj22
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14 F15 50I

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo1908 View Post

I dit the same retrofit but didnt retrofit the atm. I used a gps emulator as i dont care about what the atm has to offer. No extra wires needed.

I had nav and bt so i used existing antennas. I bought a aftermarket wifi antenna for carplay.

Works like a charm
Can you pass along where you bought the GPS emulator and wifi antenna from?

Past: 2013 750i xdrive, 2008 535xi
Appreciate 0