F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > CIC Retrofit on F30
Extreme Powerhouse

08-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #23
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
It's actually not that hard if you use Vithy's method of writing a ghost VIN from a 2013 NBT equipped vehicle to HU_NBT then doing a BMW assist update.

We're all using the same ghost VIN right now and the browser and BMW live works tethered from a Bluetooth phone lol

As for the browser, java and flash works but it's really flaky. If you try to load a site like Facebook, it will crash because there's not enough memory and there's been times where the browser will just make my NBT restart.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #24
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Aritaurus,

Do you have HUD? Wondering how the retrofit benefitted the HUD environment... technically you should be able to activate the additional HU_NBT features... just wondering if Bimmer didn't sneak in a updated version of the HUD in the 2014 cars to handle the additional graphics and surface area needed for the info... Also, the RTT stuff - I LOVED it in my CCC (08 E90) - it would actually telling "traffic jam ahead" or it would tell me to detour and accept if I wanted - now this PoS CIC-HU I have doesn't tell me when I have a traffic jam ahead and the traffic maps are fine if you plan to look at your screen all the time... I kind of wish we could get a copy of the code, add parts from each system, and build something totally worth the BMW name... something nobody else has... oh well - (sorry for the off topic rambling)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #25
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
Aritaurus,

Do you have HUD? Wondering how the retrofit benefitted the HUD environment... technically you should be able to activate the additional HU_NBT features... just wondering if Bimmer didn't sneak in a updated version of the HUD in the 2014 cars to handle the additional graphics and surface area needed for the info... Also, the RTT stuff - I LOVED it in my CCC (08 E90) - it would actually telling "traffic jam ahead" or it would tell me to detour and accept if I wanted - now this PoS CIC-HU I have doesn't tell me when I have a traffic jam ahead and the traffic maps are fine if you plan to look at your screen all the time... I kind of wish we could get a copy of the code, add parts from each system, and build something totally worth the BMW name... something nobody else has... oh well - (sorry for the off topic rambling)
Nope, I don't have the HUD but I can tell you that on NBT and CIC, the HUD display for directions look exactly the same.

I drove an F32 with HUD for a few days in Los Angeles and the streets come up in the red outline and they don't look as detailed as they do on the instrument cluster. There was one time, I was driving on the interstate and I saw on the HUD "Objects on road, drive carefully! ".
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #26
Toad535
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I may actually attempt the TCB retrofit when I do my NBT retrofit.

You would get ARTTI with 6AM with TCB. Without it, you should still get 6UH RTTI as fallback on NBT, same as CIC has.

Besides all the features shown in the "New BMW 609 Professional Nav Overview July 2012.pdf" I posted above, there are many other things that are added or improved. iDrive Touch with Handwriting Support, Map AutoZoom on main map, not just side map, etc.
Does anyone know if retrofit of 6AM on CIC is possible. Have driven a few cars with NBT and the traffic info is a huge bonus versus the crap traffic that CIC gives.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 08:49 PM   #27
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad535 View Post
Does anyone know if retrofit of 6AM on CIC is possible. Have driven a few cars with NBT and the traffic info is a huge bonus versus the crap traffic that CIC gives.
Not possible on CIC. 6AM ARTTI is a ConnectedDrive service and requires NBT with authorized VIN and car provisioned for Floating Car Data (FCD).

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 12:45 PM   #28
Archer7
Rep
Drives: F90 Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercoders View Post
If you already have a combox, it should be pretty much plug and play but you will need the 8.8" display, hardware activation module and a new connecting line for the display.

As for the coding, just add 609 to your FA, VO code HU_CIC and CMD_MEDIA or KOMBI if you have 6WA and you should be good.
I have a F30 With Combox with the entry unit. Now i just installed a CIC in there but i am having some issues.

First the GPS Navi show's me i am on the West coast of USA i am on the East Coast and before you ask about the antenna, i can tell you it's plug'ed in properly. Also i have tested 3 different antennas with the same result. Second the Blue tooth would not come on. It was working on the entry unit just fine.

Are all the these issues due to not have proper coding? Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #29
Archer7
Rep

Anyone had this issue after the CIC retrofit? The only reason i am not going the NBT rout is because i have a Combox in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #30
Archer7
Rep

After the coding everything is work great. Super thanks to bimmercoders and Steve for his patience and in depth knowledge of every issue. I highly recommend Steve for all your coding issues. Money well spent.

Please visit them here: http://bimmercoders.com/product/remote-coding-package/
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2017, 01:27 AM   #31
gergesss
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i Xdrive 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercoders View Post
If you already have a combox, it should be pretty much plug and play but you will need the 8.8" display, hardware activation module and a new connecting line for the display.

As for the coding, just add 609 to your FA, VO code HU_CIC and CMD_MEDIA or KOMBI if you have 6WA and you should be good.
Im having the same trouble as Marcoac14, my car is a f30 2013 328i, S6WA kombi,
S6NH usb and I do have the regular combox in the trunk (phone bluetooth only)

I bought for cheap the CIC radio, 8.8 inch screen, the controller and the combox media. And im not sure that I understood properly, Its only plug and play ? Or I need to change all the wirings ?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #32
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gergesss View Post
Im having the same trouble as Marcoac14, my car is a f30 2013 328i, S6WA kombi,
S6NH usb and I do have the regular combox in the trunk (phone bluetooth only)

I bought for cheap the CIC radio, 8.8 inch screen, the controller and the combox media. And im not sure that I understood properly, Its only plug and play ? Or I need to change all the wirings ?
The combox is will be the most difficult component to retrofit as you will need to run many wires from the front over to the back of the car. Without the combox, the CIC will not be able to play music via USB and the Bluetooth as well as the microphone for calls will not work.

If you went for a Plug and Play NBT kit like the one we offer, it would just be a matter of plugging in the new head unit and screen and you are all set to go.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #33
gergesss
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i Xdrive 2013

I know but the NBT woul've cost me 5x what I've paid, and at first I didnt even know that it was that complicated lol I thought it was only plug and play until I read in the forums.

I do not mind passing the wires from the trunk to the front, what are the wires that I need to buy ? And where could I get them ?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #34
vel123
Rep
Drives: Bmw F31

Hi maybe off topic
I’m trying DIY 8.8 screen upgrade on CIC unit.
Mostly people are upgrading nbt units so I struggle with that one.
I have F31 2014 non nav unit , cable is the same, screen it is fitted already but not power up.
My old screen is L7 CID Entry 6.5
My new is L7 CID high 8.8 it is coming from pre-facelift model same as my car.
I believe needs coding, I have bimmer code, please if anybody knows how to help I will appreciate it.
Appreciate 0