F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 3 Series Q&A and FAQ. We Answer Your F30 Questions
ARMA SPEED

12-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #111
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

Yes I know that's my biggest fear - all I'm waiting for is an msport and now this would seriously make me consider taking my business elsewhere. it's totally defeats the purpose of the aggressive package look

Last edited by bmrm396; 12-12-2011 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: I
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #112
bmw-nj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335 xdrive M sport

Will there be a backup camera option as well as front parking sensors for the f30?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #113
pcbrew
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-nj View Post
Will there be a backup camera option as well as front parking sensors for the f30?
You can get:
- [508] Park Distance control (sensors)
- [3AG] Rear view camera - requires [508]
- [5DL] Side + Top view cameras - only with parking package [ZPP] with all of the above.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #114
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-nj View Post
You can see the full list of F30 packages/options at http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612580

Rearview camera and park distance control are available as a standalone option or part of the Parking Package.

Parking Package includes side and top view cameras, rearview camera, and park distance control.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #115
Shuttlegoose
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 328, e36 m3

Any word on whether or not getting a line includes corona rings? I don't mean xenons but just the corona rings themselves with halogen projectors. We are having a debate in another thread about the validity of this. All pictures of lines seem to have corona rings, but all of those pictures may be with premium and xenon upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #116
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

Non-standard colors such as Imperial Blue for F30 M Sport

BMW's initial F30 official reveal press release stated that an "M Sport Aerodynamics Package" (front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts only) would also be available separately from the full "M Sport Package". BMW has done this before with past 3 series. I am hopeful that this aerodynamics package can be ordered with ALL standard F30 colors, including Imperial Blue, not just the M Sport colors. Is this true for the USA?

I just cannot understand why BMW always so severely limits the M Sport color selection, particularly only two dark colors on the F30 -- Sapphire Black and Mineral Gray, both very neutral. It seems like the color choices are either "way too boring" or "crazy wild", with nothing in between. The M Sport package is a BIG seller, especially in countries like the UK, so how about a little more color variety?

If the M Sport aerodynamics package is NOT available with all F30 colors, what is the best way to special-order a color like Imperial Blue with the M Sport package? I have read all the threads about the BMW individual program, but it seems like no one is giving a straight answer. I don't want to order a $5000 special color from the individual color selection (whether or not the Individual Program is "really" available in the USA or only to select customers), I just want a standard F30 color. I don't mind paying a few $1000 extra, and I don't mind making my deposit non-refundable in my sales contract. If European Delivery makes it easier, I will gladly do that. Surely one of the BMW dealers out there can answer this question, at least based on past 3-series models.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #117
jmnbmw
Rep
Drives: X5, Coming F30 330d

Folks -don't generalize. There are no ugly colors. It's a personal choice.
I'm, like many others, ordeing mineral gray with M Sport package ASAP!!!.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #118
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

Additional F30 M-Sport Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnbmw View Post
Folks -don't generalize. There are no ugly colors. It's a personal choice.
I'm, like many others, ordeing mineral gray with M Sport package ASAP!!!.
I should have asked my question more clearly:

There are 11 standard BMW F30 colors. For some reason that I cannot comprehend, the M-Sport version is available in only 5 of those 11 colors (plus Estoril Blue II).

My question is simply, "How do I, and others like me, work within BMW's system and procedures to increase the number of color choices available in the M-Sport version?" I really would appreciate some help with this.

By the way, I LOVE Mineral Gray and would order that color immediately in an M Sport. Unfortunately, my wife thinks that all the grays, silvers, blacks, and whites that you see on 75% of the cars out there are not really "colors" and are "boring", so Mineral Gray is a non-starter for me. Plus, I typically keep my cars for many years, so YES, color selection is a big deal for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #119
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Can anyone confirm, hopefully based on an order that you have had a dealer configure for you, whether or not 2TB -- sport automatic transmission -- can be ordered on a non ZSL-car? IOW, must you buy Sport line to get the paddle shifters?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #120
pcbrew
Captain
Rep

The ordering guide clearly says 2TB requires ZSL.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #121
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Can anyone confirm, hopefully based on an order that you have had a dealer configure for you, whether or not 2TB -- sport automatic transmission -- can be ordered on a non ZSL-car? IOW, must you buy Sport line to get the paddle shifters?
You can equip the sport auto with paddle shifters on the modern line. I will try to find the pics. You can see it on the line introduction pics. There are some with sport auto transmission. Go to bmwconfig.com and you can do it there as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #122
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
You can equip the sport auto with paddle shifters on the modern line. I will try to find the pics. You can see it on the line introduction pics. There are some with sport auto transmission. Go to bmwconfig.com and you can do it there as well.
Thats what i thought, but those must be european cars wirth different options...the us ordering guide says you need ZSP for the sport auto
      12-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #123
pcbrew
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
Careful... the intro units were EU models.
I posted example of normal and sport auto shifter here - the Sport Auto example is in a Modern Line.
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...87&postcount=4

Also, bmwconfig.com is not associated with BMW and so is not the last word on what is possible and it still has some inconsistencies compared to the ordering guide.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #124
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
Careful... the intro units were EU models.
I posted example of normal and sport auto shifter here - the Sport Auto example is in a Modern Line.
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...87&postcount=4

Also, bmwconfig.com is not associated with BMW and so is not the last word on what is possible and it still has some inconsistencies compared to the ordering guide.
I appreciate the replies.

But there seem to be problems with dealers not being able to configure cars that are possible according to the ordering guide.

For example, I really wanted 2TB, so I decided to change my N55 order to add ZSL. But I don't want the red interior trim. So, I asked the dealer to configure 4AD/4DL (aluminum trim and black "finishers").

After insisting it cannot be done, I insisted they call BMW. A week later, nobody can figure out how to order an interior combination that appears to be valid according to the US ordering guide. I may have an especially stupid dealer (it's a lock that the dealer is sleazy), but I do believe them when they say can't get it done.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #125
Ron Scott
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday View Post
The idea is that if you are getting AWD you need the extra ground clearance in the winter.
Pretty sure I'll never live without a 4Runner in the garage. Been that way way since the early '90s.

What'da think? Forget BMWs AWD and go M Sport for real?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #126
pcbrew
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I really wanted 2TB, so I decided to change my N55 order to add ZSL. But I don't want the red interior trim. So, I asked the dealer to configure 4AD/4DL (aluminum trim and black "finishers").

After insisting it cannot be done, I insisted they call BMW. A week later, nobody can figure out how to order an interior combination that appears to be valid according to the US ordering guide. I may have an especially stupid dealer (it's a lock that the dealer is sleazy), but I do believe them when they say can't get it done.
On ZSL, you should be able to get:
Aluminium with Red or Black (4AD/4DN or 4AD/4DL), or Black with Red (4AT/4DN). Black/black not allowed. At least those are the options allowed by UK configurator on 320d ZSL and I don;t see any reason why US should be any different.

I am pretty sure that is what justinnum1 is getting. Maybe he can chime in.

Pic attached - high-res version is in this post: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=10
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 02:24 AM   #127
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by okolisr View Post
I should have asked my question more clearly:

There are 11 standard BMW F30 colors. For some reason that I cannot comprehend, the M-Sport version is available in only 5 of those 11 colors (plus Estoril Blue II).

My question is simply, "How do I, and others like me, work within BMW's system and procedures to increase the number of color choices available in the M-Sport version?" I really would appreciate some help with this.

By the way, I LOVE Mineral Gray and would order that color immediately in an M Sport. Unfortunately, my wife thinks that all the grays, silvers, blacks, and whites that you see on 75% of the cars out there are not really "colors" and are "boring", so Mineral Gray is a non-starter for me. Plus, I typically keep my cars for many years, so YES, color selection is a big deal for me.

I am there with you man!

I wish:
1) they release the M-pack at the same time as the other model line
2) they allow us to choose any of all the colors for the M-Pack, especially Imperial Blue with the M-pack...

it just looks beautiful

... unfortunately for me, because of so much excitement and because i JUST cannot WAIT Any longer, i gotta have my F30 ASAP!!!

i AM Getting my Imperial Blue 335i 6MT Lux via ED in April....

QUESTION:

ANYONE KNOWS if the 335i US bound (including ED cars) get the blacked out dashboard instrument panel or which lines gets it?? or is that an options??

i am trying to figure out what my order will be here?? it's so confusing...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #128
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Yea, i got aluminum with black gloss underneath...hope it comes that way lol
      12-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #129
pcbrew
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
QUESTION:

ANYONE KNOWS if the 335i US bound (including ED cars) get the blacked out dashboard instrument panel or which lines gets it?? or is that an options??

i am trying to figure out what my order will be here?? it's so confusing...
From the US order guide, looks like you only get black panel with Nav. from the US order guide:
ZTP will add 6UH and 6WA to the order x x
Note: 6UH - Real Time Traffic Information
Note: 6WA - Instrument cluster with extended contents

Note that this is only partial black panel, like what you get standard in F10. It is not the full black panel you get in F10 with HUD.

This is the Google translated text from the German option details for 6WA:
Quote:
Instrument cluster with extended coverage
high-resolution display in the instrument cluster, graphical representation of the instantaneous consumption
in the tachometer, extended list view (phone book), in conjunction with BMW
Navigation systems, precise specification of the correct lane (Lane Guiding) and zoom view intersections

In conjunction with BMW Professional navigation system and BMW Head-Up Display
These pics are from UK configurator without and with the Pro Nav. Look at how the bottom segments of the 2 large dials have a cutout area that is backed by an LCD array that can show extra information there and in between the dials.
Attached Images

Last edited by pcbrew; 12-29-2011 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: fix images
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #130
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Smile

Thanks for the confirmation PCbrew

Well i guess, since i did not order my F30 with Navigation, i will be stuck with the old traditional instrument dials ... it's alright... because really the most important is how this car drive... i just cant wait to be behind its wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #131
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
the msport 19" M wheels says is "bi-color"....what does that mean, or looks like?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #132
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Here are 2 questions to test those in the know.

1. What are the revs of the N20 @ 100km/h in 7th gear?
2. What are the revs of the N20 @ 100km/h in 8th gear?

Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0