F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 3 Series Q&A and FAQ. We Answer Your F30 Questions
proTUNING Freaks

01-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #177
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekA4 View Post
South, can you say something about interior quality? I will pick up my F30 next month, but I am still reading story, that interior is not worth any one $. Can you say something about this?
Interior quality is quite a subjective matter. To me, the interior quality of the F30 is better than the E90's was. Every surface and button has a nice touch to them. Interestingly tho, the perceived interior quality of the modern and luxury lines seemed even better than the sport line's.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #178
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionkit76 View Post
hello
is there any planing about 1.6 lt petrol and diesel engines??
(2013 model year)
like 316d
316i
318i

thank you.
Yes, there's no official decision yet but BMW is strongly considering these engines for the F30.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #179
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can Inelli View Post
6NH comes as standard. 6NK is optional which allows to connect the iPhone with a snap in adapter.

So if I have the standard 6NH, I can listen to music with my USB Cable connected and also use Bluetooth for calls and address book at the same time ?
Yes, that's right. The alternative is to get both 6NL and 6NF as you'd then be able to put your iPhone into the snap-in adapter (better reception through car antenna) and play music/video at the same time.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #180
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
so it still has run-flat tires, right?
Looks like it ... deal breaker for me ... too bad that BMW does not offer the customer a choice of RFT or Non-RFT.

Guess my next DD will also be a Benz, at least they got rid of the RFT.

Reminds me of East Germany where I was told ... learn Russian or you will not graduate. Would have been nice if I had a choice back then like Spanish, French or even English.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #181
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Looks like it ... deal breaker for me ... too bad that BMW does not offer the customer a choice of RFT or Non-RFT.

Guess my next DD will also be a Benz, at least they got rid of the RFT.

Reminds me of East Germany where I was told ... learn Russian or you will not graduate. Would have been nice if I had a choice back then like Spanish, French or even English.
Or, what if the choice was non-RFTs only? Would the hostility towards a good technology -- one that's getting better -- still apply? "I guess my daily driver will be a BMW because it offers run-flats -- and MB, Volvo, Audi, etc. don't."
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #182
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Or, what if the choice was non-RFTs only? Would the hostility towards a good technology -- one that's getting better -- still apply? "I guess my daily driver will be a BMW because it offers run-flats -- and MB, Volvo, Audi, etc. don't."
Well that be a good choice if your wife drives the car most of the time. Wait till you need a new tire or worse to replace some cracked wheel and BMW will tell you sorry it is not covered by warranty you went thru potholes. Now for a tire and wheel you will be spending close to $1,000- Bin there done that so no RFT for me the ride is much too stiff and noisy as well.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #183
scorpionkit76
Turkey
Rep
Drives: c4 thp 156 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Yes, there's no official decision yet but BMW is strongly considering these engines for the F30.

Best regards,
south
thank you
it is important markets like turkey..
taxs are depend on engine displacement
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #184
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Well that be a good choice if your wife drives the car most of the time. Wait till you need a new tire or worse to replace some cracked wheel and BMW will tell you sorry it is not covered by warranty you went thru potholes. Now for a tire and wheel you will be spending close to $1,000- Bin there done that so no RFT for me the ride is much too stiff and noisy as well.
I've owned an E90 330i since 2005 -- and been through several flats and bent wheels (I live in the snow belt and roads are a disaster here).

I still think the technology is worth the cost. In 2007, I was doing 85 on an Interstate in Vermont when I the FTM alarm came on. I made it back to Boston.

Then, in 2008, a (very expensive) RFT winter tire went flat. I was able to make it 25 miles to the one dealer who had a replacement tire.

I like RFTs -- the safety and convenience of them. And I think they are getting better all the time.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #185
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I've owned an E90 330i since 2005 -- and been through several flats and bent wheels (I live in the snow belt and roads are a disaster here).

I still think the technology is worth the cost. In 2007, I was doing 85 on an Interstate in Vermont when I the FTM alarm came on. I made it back to Boston.

Then, in 2008, a (very expensive) RFT winter tire went flat. I was able to make it 25 miles to the one dealer who had a replacement tire.

I like RFTs -- the safety and convenience of them. And I think they are getting better all the time.
Perhaps you are right, I had generation 1 RFT on my 2 Z4's and some bad experiences.

I am checking out the new F30 335i for a possible DD and this is why I am concerned.

Perhaps I need to give it a try, I sort of like the 335i and will have a close look at it once it arrives in Canada.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me.

Take care,

Rolf-Dieter

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #186
Can258
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 & E53

I will not order Navigation and just stick with the standard small iDrive screen, can I still use the hard drive to save my music collection from USB to the car? What is the music capacity for the standard small screen without NAV ? . I read through the user manual of F30 and googled however couldn't find any satisfying answer. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #187
Rdx
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
I will not order Navigation and just stick with the standard small iDrive screen, can I still use the hard drive to save my music collection from USB to the car? What is the music capacity for the standard small screen without NAV ? . I read through the user manual of F30 and googled however couldn't find any satisfying answer. Thanks.
As far I know the standard screen uses Flash to save data; you'll not be able to save music to it. Even if you take Basic Nav (option 606) it doesn't mention anything about being able to save music.

But if you take Advance Nav (option 609) you'll be able to store 10GB (if I'm correct) of music to it. Either way, some people say you're able to plug a little HDD into the USB port and play music from drive. Not tested myself trough.

If I'm incorrect, just say so. I has learning to do too ;-)
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #188
Can258
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdx View Post
As far I know the standard screen uses Flash to save data; you'll not be able to save music to it. Even if you take Basic Nav (option 606) it doesn't mention anything about being able to save music.

But if you take Advance Nav (option 609) you'll be able to store 10GB (if I'm correct) of music to it. Either way, some people say you're able to plug a little HDD into the USB port and play music from drive. Not tested myself trough.

If I'm incorrect, just say so. I has learning to do too ;-)

I read the F30 manual just now. And seems that if you don't order Navigation then you get a different iDrive Knob with only 2 way movement ( left and right, no up and down) and also there are less buttons. I took a screenshot here it is : http://f.cl.ly/items/1K07050i1k1N120...22.06%20PM.png

Now I have to find out if there is any limitation to this "downgraded iDrive Knob without NAV" such as if you can't save music or some other functions not working. I don't care about NAV but I wan't all other functions to work properly.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #189
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
OK, I found some more pictures from the gallery post that shows better what 6WA - Instrument cluster with extended coverage is.
awesome PCBrew!! Thanks for the clarification!
I guess my order will be similar to the last pictures posted...
with the traditional analog instant fuel consumption dial...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #190
Rdx
Private
Rep

Quote:
I read the F30 manual just now. And seems that if you don't order Navigation then you get a different iDrive Knob with only 2 way movement ( left and right, no up and down) and also there are less buttons. I took a screenshot here it is : http://f.cl.ly/items/1K07050i1k1N120...22.06%20PM.png

Now I have to find out if there is any limitation to this "downgraded iDrive Knob without NAV" such as if you can't save music or some other functions not working. I don't care about NAV but I wan't all other functions to work properly.
I've read the manual regarding saving music to HDD collection (p. 205); it doesn't mention anything about 'specific equipped vehicle' like it does on all the other extra options. Maybe it is possible after all.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #191
Can258
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
I've read the manual regarding saving music to HDD collection (p. 205); it doesn't mention anything about 'specific equipped vehicle' like it does on all the other extra options. Maybe it is possible after all.
Actually I think it mentions that on P.198 at the beginning. Well I am not sure this is so confusing whether we have limitations to iDrive software functions if we don't get Nav. I just sent an e-mail to my dealer. Let's see...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #192
Rdx
Private
Rep

Quote:
Actually I think it mentions that on P.198 at the beginning. Well I am not sure this is so confusing whether we have limitations to iDrive software functions if we don't get Nav. I just sent an e-mail to my dealer. Let's see...
Mmm, you're right. I found the previous manuals more friendly, they all had stars on the optional titels, so you knew that it was an option and you needed to opt it. I'm curious what your dealer will say!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #193
Can258
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Mmm, you're right. I found the previous manuals more friendly, they all had stars on the optional titels, so you knew that it was an option and you needed to opt it. I'm curious what your dealer will say!
I received an automatic reply saying that he is in Portugal for the F30 training. He will be back on Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #194
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

I hope Can Inelli or someone else around here, could please furnish more detailled info regarding all the possible functions as included in the basic standard i-drive ....

and what are the added functions with the other i-drive options are choosen...?
what are we missing out by not opting for the Nav...

An upscaled luxury Japanese car would have included all the options at this price...
too bad the germans still choose to hold out ...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #195
Can258
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
I hope Can Inelli or someone else around here, could please furnish more detailled info regarding all the possible functions as included in the basic standard i-drive ....

and what are the added functions with the other i-drive options are choosen...?
what are we missing out by not opting for the Nav...

An upscaled luxury Japanese car would have included all the options at this price...
too bad the germans still choose to hold out ...
I will write as soon as I found about this. It would be so unfortunate to get the small screen without NAV and then find out that the software is different and/or there are limitations. I hope every function stays the same with the standard non-NAV screen.

Here are some examples of the screens, as I have noticed the small screens also look different between themselves

1-Small Screen without NAV: (thus different iDrive Knob)

http://i55.tinypic.com/23hubr7.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/34981gg.jpg (closeup pic of the knob)

http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...3&d=1321309502

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...3&d=1326650557

http://img.donanimhaber.com/upfiles/...7F1C20C71E.jpg (closeup pic of the knob)

2-Small Screen with NAV:

http://www.f30post.com/goodiesforyou.../P90081924.jpg

http://www.f30post.com/forums/attach...0&d=1327056120

3- "Controller with and without Navigation System" shown in User's Manual:

http://f.cl.ly/items/1K07050i1k1N120...22.06%20PM.png

edited: I am still trying to find whether there are limitations and differences to the iDrive Software without the NAV.

Last edited by Can258; 01-29-2012 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Added new pics.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #196
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Southlight, do you know of any option that makes the auto transmission have sportier shifting programming?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that Sport+ is exactly the same as Sport except it turns DSC off. The shifting remains the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the 2TB option only adds the paddle shifters. It doesn't adjust the shifting programming in any way.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #197
southlight
Rep

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you can save music to the hard drive with NAV Professional only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
Southlight, do you know of any option that makes the auto transmission have sportier shifting programming?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that Sport+ is exactly the same as Sport except it turns DSC off. The shifting remains the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the 2TB option only adds the paddle shifters. It doesn't adjust the shifting programming in any way.
2TB is the option you need as it has sportier shifting programming, a nicer shift lever and the wheel-mounted paddles you mention.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #198
Can258
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I'm pretty sure you can save music to the hard drive with NAV Professional only.

2TB is the option you need as it has sportier shifting programming, a nicer shift lever and the wheel-mounted paddles you mention.

Best regards,
south
Thanks for the reply south. If I stick with standard screen without Nav, do you know if there are any limitations or unavailable functions/settings for the iDrive software ? Or is anything else the same except Nav ? What worries me is that the iDrive knob is different and limited thus maybe they also downgraded the software. http://i53.tinypic.com/34981gg.jpg
Appreciate 0