F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Hit and Run - Justice is Served! Story + Pics!!!
GetBMWParts

11-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Hit and Run - Justice is Served! Story + Pics!!!

Unfortunately I live in an area where street parking is the primary option. Generally it's not a problem as this is a fairly nice area. It's not uncommon to see M's, Lotus (Loti?? Lol), Porsche, etc. all parked in the street around here.

So it's around midnight and there's a heavy knocking at my door. "ITS THE POLICE, are you home?" I hear. I open up and the first thing he tells me is I'm not in trouble (lol) but that someone hit my car. He offers to give me a ride to the car, which I accept. "Shit!" I'm thinking. I park in a permit only area and away from other cars, how did this happen???

Sure enough, the car is pretty banged up, but could be worse, 1/4 panel, tail light, and rear bumper, from what I can immediately see. I park in front of a fire station and luckily, the officer tells me, a firefighter using the restroom (lol again) happened to hear a bang and looked out to see a White SUV pull away from my car. The officer explains no plate was seen but if they find a white SUV with any damage, they will call me.

At this point I was bummed by what happened but somewhat grateful - it could have been someone on a motorcycle who was hit, or someone crossing the street - at least the car is replaceable. I decide to walk 2 blocks to get a soda from the liquor store.

To my surprise I see one officer, then both patrol cars that were previously at my car, in the liquor store parking lot. Not only that, but they are speaking with an intoxicated woman in front of a white SUV, WITH REAR BUMPER DAMAGE!

With the liquor store closed and no soda for me (and believe me, I was very disappointed they were closed!), I decided to hang out around the corner to see what would happen. About 10 minutes later, a fire trucks rolls up.... "Yup! That's the one! I looked out the window and it was sitting on the BMW, then sped off!" I heard the fireman tell the police officer. Did this really all just happen? Did they catch the driver of the hit and run nearly in front of me eyes?!?

A few minutes later I get a call from an unknown number. "Matthew? This is Deputy ________. We found the driver that hit your car. I'll need you to update that repor..." Before he could finish I interrupted and told him I just so happened to be around the corner. He chuckled and told me to come over, he'd hand me a new report. The driver was arrested for hit and run and DUI. Poor woman, she was crying and screaming, though she had no right to endanger others' lives by drinking and driving... I will be contacting my insurance company first thing in the morning. Now the next thing to worry about, how the HELL are they going to get my car on a flatbed?!?? lol...
Attached Images

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Presario
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 435 GC

Damn, sorry to hear about the hit and run. The lady got what she deserved and she'll be suffering the consequences of her actions for years to come. Just glad to hear no one got hurt because it could have been much worse.

Best of luck with getting your car fixed. It's a shame to see such a beautiful car like that.

But seriously though, how the heck are they going to get it on the flatbed? Your car is one of the lowest on the forum!
      11-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #3
lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: shifting priorities for now...

Darn Matthew sorry to hear that but justice is served at the end...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Sorry to hear about this man! But you have a great attitude about it and because of that I'm sure you'll come out on top and have the car back to shape soon.

If u have comprehensive (non collision) ins it should be relatively cheap pending your deductible and won't hurt your record.

This happened to me with my old rx8! But driver left a note and number.
      11-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
AMJAM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport

M Sport rear bumper soon to be fitted lol. Seriously that looks like some major damage glad no one got hurt
      11-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
USC2000
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

That sucks, but glad they found who did it.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
gktdc
Rep
Drives: 328i

Looks like the rear 1/4 tail panel has to be replaced?
Hope you get the car repaired soon! Sick drop you've got there!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
infinitigor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C, 2010 E350

glad they found the person who hit your car, and btw stop saying "women" a WOMAN hit your car
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

im glad they got them!
      11-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #10
imyopusha
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP in Singapore Gray

Awesome story and appropriately titled in this thread. I hope that woman never drives again.
2012 335i (SOLD)
Instagram- AY_M3 My ED thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1176511
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #11
_bdiddyb_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Wow. I keep mine garaged -- with an attack dog! Amazing from the pictures, the wheel and tire weren't damaged. Would love to see the rebuilding process. It's going to be in the 1000's.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
Philipangoo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335

Damn you are gonna have to drive on a stairway of 2x4's to fit that sucker on a flat bed.
      11-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Man that sucks.
Don't know why people still insist on driving after drinking. If you can afford to drink so much, you can afford to pay for a taxi. Besides, you can drink with a free mind without worrying about anything.
      11-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

At least the damage is confined to one panel of the car. Pretty straightforward repair. It will look perfect when it is fixed and you will be good to go. Your attitude towards this unhappy event is terrific - I don't think I would handle it as well. Anyway, thanks for sharing and best of luck to you on getting the perfect repair.

And I have no time for DUI's - too many destroyed lives for me to have any empathy towards them at all. If a person has a drinking problem - that's fine - as long as they just stay the hell off the road!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Sucks but like you said it's all replaceable. I see your car all the time in Yorba Linda / Placentia area.

PS: Looks like someone is getting a Msport rear bumper!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
khanyam4
Ring Leader of G8X Trolls
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: NA

There's no excuse for drinking and driving the person that hit the car deserve everything coming to them.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
hansolo1019
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 528i

Oh wow!!! I am glad they caught this stupid bi*ch.

She might see some jail time for what she has done.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #18
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presario View Post
Damn, sorry to hear about the hit and run. The lady got what she deserved and she'll be suffering the consequences of her actions for years to come. Just glad to hear no one got hurt because it could have been much worse.

Best of luck with getting your car fixed. It's a shame to see such a beautiful car like that.

But seriously though, how the heck are they going to get it on the flatbed? Your car is one of the lowest on the forum!
My first question to the officer was whether or not someone was hurt. Anyone who get's drunk and drives has no business having a license!!!

And yeah, I'm kind of worried. When I had my last car towed I was able to remove the front bumper to make it easier. The F30 bumper is a bit more intricate to remove though, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaleke View Post
Darn Matthew sorry to hear that but justice is served at the end...
Justice indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
Sorry to hear about this man! But you have a great attitude about it and because of that I'm sure you'll come out on top and have the car back to shape soon.

If u have comprehensive (non collision) ins it should be relatively cheap pending your deductible and won't hurt your record.

This happened to me with my old rx8! But driver left a note and number.
I also ride a motorcycle so when I see or hear about an accident and the only damage is some mangled metal, I give a sigh of relief. Can't buy a new life but you can always buy a new car (or repair, such as this case). I do have full coverage but luckily her insurance will be covering this.

You had an RX8 before? Were you on RX8Club? I went by the same username over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJAM View Post
M Sport rear bumper soon to be fitted lol. Seriously that looks like some major damage glad no one got hurt
LOL not going to lie, M-Sport rear was the first thing that came to mind. I knew there was a reason I just did M-Sport front + sides to begin with

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC2000 View Post
That sucks, but glad they found who did it.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gktdc View Post
Looks like the rear 1/4 tail panel has to be replaced?
Hope you get the car repaired soon! Sick drop you've got there!
1/4 panel, tail light, and bumper, from what I can see. We'll know for sure once it's inspected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitigor View Post
glad they found the person who hit your car, and btw stop saying "women" a WOMAN hit your car
Haha, thanks!! I'm generally pretty anal about grammar but typing on my phone late last night I guess this one slipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
im glad they got them!
Agreed, for a multitude of reasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyopusha View Post
Awesome story and appropriately titled in this thread. I hope that woman never drives again.
Drunk driving is unacceptable but I think she could possibly end up behind the wheel of a car at some point. Now, had she taken a life, it would be a different story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bdiddyb_ View Post
Wow. I keep mine garaged -- with an attack dog! Amazing from the pictures, the wheel and tire weren't damaged. Would love to see the rebuilding process. It's going to be in the 1000's.
Well into the thousands, I imagine. When I rode by this morning it almost looked worse in the daytime. I credit the fact it was an SUV to the lack of wheel and tire damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipangoo View Post
Damn you are gonna have to drive on a stairway of 2x4's to fit that sucker on a flat bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldbeemer View Post
Man that sucks.
Don't know why people still insist on driving after drinking. If you can afford to drink so much, you can afford to pay for a taxi. Besides, you can drink with a free mind without worrying about anything.
This is one reason I love visiting New York - it makes going out and drinking possible without a DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
At least the damage is confined to one panel of the car. Pretty straightforward repair. It will look perfect when it is fixed and you will be good to go. Your attitude towards this unhappy event is terrific - I don't think I would handle it as well. Anyway, thanks for sharing and best of luck to you on getting the perfect repair.

And I have no time for DUI's - too many destroyed lives for me to have any empathy towards them at all. If a person has a drinking problem - that's fine - as long as they just stay the hell off the road!
Thanks - sometimes I almost wish I would get a bit more upset when this sort of thing happens, haha. Yeah, it definitely could have been worse! Had she clipped the door and wheel as well that would have made things considerably more.

Drunks can be drunks but goodness, do not endanger others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
Sucks but like you said it's all replaceable. I see your car all the time in Yorba Linda / Placentia area.

PS: Looks like someone is getting a Msport rear bumper!
M-Sport rear for sure!

Where do you usually see me? You driving an F30 too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam3 View Post
There's no excuse for drinking and driving the person that hit the car deserve everything coming to them.
AMEN TO THAT!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
MMOTION
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like you'll never drive again

Sorry to hear about what happened to your car, but like what people already said...Msport rear bumper OTW! Really a blessing in disguise. =)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
435iaffair
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i, Z4M, M157 E63

Garage List
2014 435i  [9.00]
can't make this stuff up!

i wish all hit and runs play out like this! sooo happy for your OP!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
sooo sorry to hear about the car...i personally would never park this car in the street.
I know you have your reasons for living where you live...I have been in a similar situation...and during the time I lived in a house that didn't have a parking, I never purchased a worthy car like this...cause I knew, if it happens...then I have a problem...in your case, they even found the WOMAN (lol), but it would have been worse if they hadn't...it's a paradox!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #22
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Holy damn is getting that thing onto a flatbed going to be hard.

Can you drive it to a repair shop, or get one of those european crane things to pick and drop?
Appreciate 0