F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Bimmerbox subwoofer box pics and review
proTUNING Freaks

06-24-2017, 01:21 AM   #1
Gimlitehdwarf
I wish Tires were cheaper
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2015 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Bimmerbox subwoofer box pics and review

So who has picked up their F30 and thought the speaker system was lacking? Well I sure did in the bass department. I had put together my last sub woofer package in my E46 by using this resource and e46fanatics...splicing wires, unwrapping harnesses etc. I thought "There has to be an easier, more efficient and most of all, more factory looking way of adding bass to my car."

So I went and looked all over for factory fitting stuff like the ghost woofer replacements etc. This wasn't enough for me...I NEED MORE POWA! So I did a ton of research and figured out that you could buy a harness instead of splicing the wires going to the amplifier for hi-low converter and then I saw this beauty on this thread. - http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ight=bimmerbox

I read the thread and figured out I could get everything I wanted from one source and have somebody explain to me how to install it? Done. Called Mike, sent a PM, and messaged him on instagram all at once to call me tomorrow! He got in touch with me I explained what I wanted
JL10w6, harness, hi-low converter, and a SICK BIMMER BOX.

Bimmerpost member Titan 3 is Mike BTW

I placed the order, deposited on Paypal and we had a long discussion about what kinds of music I like to listen to, this would ensure he tunes the box to the right frequencies...something I'm sure most people don't do. So I used my old amplifier he shipped me the box, with everything installed, a harness and hi low converter.

Everything was pretty self explanatory. Coming from my E46 installation this was super simple. He basically face timed me for questions and I shot a few questions back and forth about tuning my bass and treble and it was a pretty easy install. Had it up and running in about 3-4 hours. Plug and play!

So I would certainly suggest doing this instead of having a box sliding around your truck, it looks oem with the carpet and bumps hard.

My only problem...I'm thinking about getting a second one on the left.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
Titan 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 325ci ~ F36 428ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlitehdwarf View Post
So who has picked up their F30 and thought the speaker system was lacking? Well I sure did in the bass department. I had put together my last sub woofer package in my E46 by using this resource and e46fanatics...splicing wires, unwrapping harnesses etc. I thought "There has to be an easier, more efficient and most of all, more factory looking way of adding bass to my car."

So I went and looked all over for factory fitting stuff like the ghost woofer replacements etc. This wasn't enough for me...I NEED MORE POWA! So I did a ton of research and figured out that you could buy a harness instead of splicing the wires going to the amplifier for hi-low converter and then I saw this beauty on this thread. - http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ight=bimmerbox

I read the thread and figured out I could get everything I wanted from one source and have somebody explain to me how to install it? Done. Called Mike, sent a PM, and messaged him on instagram all at once to call me tomorrow! He got in touch with me I explained what I wanted

I placed the order, deposited on Paypal and we had a long discussion about what kinds of music I like to listen to, this would ensure he tunes the box to the right frequencies...something I'm sure most people don't do. So I used my old amplifier he shipped me the box, with everything installed, a harness and hi low converter.

Everything was pretty self explanatory. Coming from my E46 installation this was super simple. He basically face timed me for questions and I shot a few questions back and forth about tuning my bass and treble and it was a pretty easy install. Had it up and running in about 3-4 hours. Plug and play!

So I would certainly suggest doing this instead of having a box sliding around your truck, it looks oem with the carpet and bumps hard.

My only problem...I'm thinking about getting a second one on the left.
Really glad you're happy with it, sir! Thanks for taking the time to share it with everyone. ??
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 04:16 AM   #4
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan 3 View Post
Really glad you're happy with it, sir! Thanks for taking the time to share it with everyone. ??

I messaged him in June and could not get a response.

Gave up.

Last edited by GCinFLA; 07-12-2017 at 04:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #5
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Cool! Looks clean. Is it easy to get to your battery, do you have to unplug it first? Do you keep your tow hook and screw driver somewhere else?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #6
Gimlitehdwarf
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Cool! Looks clean. Is it easy to get to your battery, do you have to unplug it first? Do you keep your tow hook and screw driver somewhere else?
Sorry I missed this! Yes I disconnected the battery and just add the wiring to the red. Then use the frame negative.

I keep the screwdriver and tow hook in my driver side passenger door wrapped in a soft towel. They always stay put.

2015 Black on Black M3 - Palm Desert, CA
I wish Tires were cheaper!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
f34guy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i xDrive GT

I used the technic converter, they shipped very fast and the converter is small enough to stay hidden by factory amp. 85 dollars total give them a look see.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 10:10 PM   #8
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f34guy View Post
I used the technic converter, they shipped very fast and the converter is small enough to stay hidden by factory amp. 85 dollars total give them a look see.
Technicpnp sells many great harnesses to avoid having to splice into stock wiring harnesses and make it simple to return to stock
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 12:58 AM   #9
hybris
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport

Garage List
Happy with the result? I've installed a small, closed enclosure sub in the boot as well, but must say it feels like the trunk is very well insulated and a lot of the sound gets lost on its way to the cabin.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2020, 12:23 PM   #10
Gimlitehdwarf
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris View Post
Happy with the result? I've installed a small, closed enclosure sub in the boot as well, but must say it feels like the trunk is very well insulated and a lot of the sound gets lost on its way to the cabin.
I am happy with it! That's why I'm glad i went with a pretty powerful sub. When I want more SPL or bass I just ride around with one seat down. In my old f30 335i it was perfect because I had the 40/20/40 split and I'd ride with the middle open all the time.

Only issue I have had with the whole set up since I moved it from my f30 to f80 is making some clip to hold it in since it was just pressure fit but when I drift side to side in my car it would throw it out of the pocket. So I fixed a little latch like what's in the original cover.

Appreciate 1
hybris204.50
      01-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #11
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
I am happy with it! That's why I'm glad i went with a pretty powerful sub. When I want more SPL or bass I just ride around with one seat down. In my old f30 335i it was perfect because I had the 40/20/40 split and I'd ride with the middle open all the time.

Only issue I have had with the whole set up since I moved it from my f30 to f80 is making some clip to hold it in since it was just pressure fit but when I drift side to side in my car it would throw it out of the pocket. So I fixed a little latch like what's in the original cover.
So how much was the entire setup?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #12
Gimlitehdwarf
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Ill have to look it up

But I think around $1,200.00

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #13
emrliquidlife
Private
Rep
Drives: 1985 X1/9 mine, 2007 328 hers

Does the sub enclosure fabricator still do this work?

Ed
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #14
Gimlitehdwarf
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
yes as far as I know. Bimmerbox https://www.instagram.com/bimmerbox/?hl=en