F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Retrofit mirror doors BMW f34
Studio RSR

07-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
Funci
Rep
Drives: F34 318d GT

Retrofit mirror doors BMW f34

Hi every body,

My f34 has electric rear-view mirrors and I want to retrofit and encode rear-view mirrors that fold electrically, is there a tutorial or a guide explaining how it is done? and if you have to add some cable?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funci View Post
Hi every body,

My f34 has electric rear-view mirrors and I want to retrofit and encode rear-view mirrors that fold electrically, is there a tutorial or a guide explaining how it is done? and if you have to add some cable?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.
I think you are describing the exterior side mirrors and not the internal rear view mirror.

The coding process is described in the coding forum in several different threads.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 12:33 AM   #3
Funci
Rep

If I exactly mean the exterior mirrors of the doors. Right now mine do not fold, because they do not have that option, that is, they do not fold electrically only manually, I want to install some that are electrically foldable, and of course I must code them.
I wanted to know if someone has done it and if there is to change something of the electrical system ....
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 05:48 AM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I'm fairly certain that above and beyond the coding, you will also need at least new Door Wiring Harnesses and appropriate new DS door Window Switch
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

What do you mean that they only fold manually? If they fold using the buttons on the drivers door near the window switches they are folding electrically. If you want them to automatically fold when you lock the car that's coded. If there are no buttons to fold them then you would have to replace the mirrors, which would be very involved and very expensive.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #6
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I was thinking he meant he manually physically grabs the mirror & folds it in
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #7
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I bet he said 'electrically' where he meant 'automatically'.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 12:38 AM   #8
Funci
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
What do you mean that they only fold manually? If they fold using the buttons on the drivers door near the window switches they are folding electrically. If you want them to automatically fold when you lock the car that's coded. If there are no buttons to fold them then you would have to replace the mirrors, which would be very involved and very expensive.
Quote:
I bet he said 'electrically' where he meant 'automatically'.

I exactly want to change my manual mirrors by automatic ones, I have bought them used and I am going to change them. I want to know if it is necessary to change something of the wiring so that they serve, but I already have it clear, when I do I will put pictures here and how I have done it.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 07:27 AM   #9
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

The problem we have is that we're not familiar with manual mirrors. In the US they don't exist. I'm not convinced they exist in Europe either, as you didn't answer the question If they fold using the buttons on the drivers door near the window switches they are folding electrically.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #10
Funci
Rep

Quote:
The problem we have is that we're not familiar with manual mirrors. In the US they don't exist. I'm not convinced they exist in Europe either, as you didn't answer the question If they fold using the buttons on the drivers door near the window switches they are folding electrically.

They don't fold using the button, I haven't these button.

I have to change the mirrors and the command that the folding button has. Right now the command that I have in my car does not have the folding button.

the only thing that is electric is the adjustment of the mirrors, if I want to fold the mirrors I have to push them with my hand.

I do not know if I explain myself well, can you understand me a little?

:Rodar los ojos::Rodar los ojos:
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #11
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I think you'll find the time and cost of this won't be worthwhile.
Appreciate 0