F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Seeking experienced Coder in Ontario
proTUNING Freaks

03-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
Godzilla85
Canada
Rep
Drives: F32 435i (daily), 2010 GTR

Seeking experienced Coder in Ontario

I am looking for someone who is familiar with coding the F series. Last weekend I installed my Blackvue dashcam and I hardwired it into my car using fuse taps. I used my the lighting fuse as an ignition power and I shorted out my FEM. The right side Angel eyes, right side high beam, and right side adaptive headlight are no longer functional. However the turning signal and the low beam are functioning properly.

I've spent all week researching and I've read that the FEM has a short circuit counter which will disable the light to prevent further damages. I'm looking for someone who will be able to reset the short circuit counter in my FEM Module. I've read on a couple of forums that people have had success resetting the short circuit counter but I am not confident enough in my ability to do it.

I am willing to pay to have this fixed and I will drive to you to have the procedure done.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

This is not done with coding, you need ISTA+ (rheingold) or tool 32 from BMW standard tools to do this. Also, if you have an E92, its an FRM (footwell room module)
      03-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #3
Godzilla85
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
This is not done with coding, you need ISTA+ (rheingold) or tool 32 from BMW standard tools to do this. Also, if you have an E92, its an FRM (footwell room module)
In my decryption it says I have an F series which is why I said FEM. I know it's not technically "coding" but I was assuming if someone is experienced with coding that they would know how to reset the counter using tool32
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla85 View Post
In my decryption it says I have an F series which is why I said FEM. I know it's not technically "coding" but I was assuming if someone is experienced with coding that they would know how to reset the counter using tool32
Sorry, I looked at your garage with the E92. If you have the F series, then its the FEM module.

If you close to Pickering, I could try resetting it for you
      03-18-2019, 08:04 AM   #5
elevenmonkeys
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F15

hey bro, i recently bought a blackvue and a power magic ez in hope that i won't have to hard wire anything. Unfortunately the power magic ez does not fit on my f15 obd port for some reason. I will return it. Just an fyi in case you are considering getting that magic ez.

Quote:
I am looking for someone who is familiar with coding the F series. Last weekend I installed my Blackvue dashcam and I hardwired it into my car using fuse taps. I used my the lighting fuse as an ignition power and I shorted out my FEM. The right side Angel eyes, right side high beam, and right side adaptive headlight are no longer functional. However the turning signal and the low beam are functioning properly.

I've spent all week researching and I've read that the FEM has a short circuit counter which will disable the light to prevent further damages. I'm looking for someone who will be able to reset the short circuit counter in my FEM Module. I've read on a couple of forums that people have had success resetting the short circuit counter but I am not confident enough in my ability to do it.

I am willing to pay to have this fixed and I will drive to you to have the procedure done.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #6
Godzilla85
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevenmonkeys View Post
hey bro, i recently bought a blackvue and a power magic ez in hope that i won't have to hard wire anything. Unfortunately the power magic ez does not fit on my f15 obd port for some reason. I will return it. Just an fyi in case you are considering getting that magic ez.

Quote:

Thanks.
I've installed the power magic pro already. I was able to find 2 empty fuse slots to connect it too and it's running fine now. I have a 2014 435i so I'm not sure if there will be much difference with the fuse box compared to yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 09:02 PM   #7
elevenmonkeys
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F15

Power magic ez does not require hard wiring to the fuse box like the power magic pro does. However, it does not fit the F15 OBDII port due to its cable on the side.

Quote:
I've installed the power magic pro already. I was able to find 2 empty fuse slots to connect it too and it's running fine now. I have a 2014 435i so I'm not sure if there will be much difference with the fuse box compared to yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #8
M2Rush
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM 335i x-drive

[QUOTE=Godzilla85;24521704]

Check you PMs, I've provided contact to 2 coding gurus
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 01:57 PM   #9
gbaylon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

Quote:
Sorry to hear about that... I am thinking of installing a Blackvue as well but this experience of yours has me worried. Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #10
Godzilla85
Canada
Rep

update

I brought my car to a reputable independent European car shop in my city and they were able to reset the short circuit counter in the FEM. They determined that it was indeed not the problem and think that it may have just been a coincidence that my angel eyes and adaptive headlights went out a few days after my dashcam install.

They'll be able to get my car in next week to dig deeper and figure out the actual problem so I will be updating this thread once the problem is fixed. Thanks for the help guys.
Appreciate 0