F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Badly rear ended
Extreme Powerhouse

05-19-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
Maxwagen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i Wagon

So I was rear ended really badly today. Dude was flying but luckily he swerved and glanced off my corner so it wasn't a Square hit. Still effed the car up bad. Rear passenger door won't shut, Hatch glass won't shut, hatch won't open or even try to unlock at all. Bumper support is bent and You can see in the pics that the entire quarter panel is tweaked all the way from the fender to the top of the door. (Look at the gas filler door).

Edit- also discovered that the damage on the quarter panel is even worse than I thought. Last two pictures show the wrinkles in the metal around the door frame.

The car is leased, and I was planning on keeping it- but obviously that opinion has changed. Im not sure it will be totaled since it's only a '17. Anyone have any advice on dealing with bad collisions with leased cars? Anyone care to guess on the estimate before I have a place look at it?
Attached Images

Last edited by Maxwagen; 05-19-2018 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #2
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

In the UK that would be totalled
      05-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Oh Man! Sort of makes you want to cry. Keep us posted with repair estimates. Connecticut is a diminished value state. Check it out it may be money in your pocket because at time of trade in when they ask you if your car has ever been in an accident and if answered in the affirmative, they will give you less as a trade.

Here are some links...hope this helps ease the pain (so to speak).

http://www.courant.com/consumer/bott...03-column.html

https://www.collisionclaims.com/conn...inished-value/
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
Maxwagen
Private First Class
Rep

Would there be any reason for diminished value to even apply in the case of a lease?
      05-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
Maxwagen
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Oh Man! Sort of makes you want to cry. Keep us posted with repair estimates. Connecticut is a diminished value state. Check it out it may be money in your pocket because at time of trade in when they ask you if your car has ever been in an accident and if answered in the affirmative, they will give you less as a trade.

Here are some links...hope this helps ease the pain (so to speak).

http://www.courant.com/consumer/bott...03-column.html

https://www.collisionclaims.com/conn...inished-value/

Thanks. It absolutely make me want to cry. I searched for 6 months to find the right deal on a wagon with the right options, and I drove 240 miles round trip to buy it, and only owned it for 9 months so far.