F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 XHP flash
GetBMWParts

02-25-2019, 08:45 PM   #177
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbread View Post
Latest stage 2 map revision is just about perfect. Shift points are dramatically improved!
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #178
ChrisFulton
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbread View Post
Latest stage 2 map revision is just about perfect. Shift points are dramatically improved!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Have you tried Stage 2?

I bit the bullet and purchased the super license since ive been struggling with the torque limiter issue.

Car runs GREAT now!!!!
Munchi435i, badbread,
I assume you guys turned off the MHD torque limiter thingy?
This thing has had mixed reviews. Definite improvement for those of us that are FBO & MHD 2+ ?
Can you comment on daily driving Stage 2 Comfort and Sport?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 01:54 AM   #179
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

So, I tried Stage2 and I am still not a fan. Even with light acceleration it holds gears until 1900rpm in Comfort/D - I just dont see the point. 95% of my driving is in the city - stop and go traffic so it does not work for me. I'll be back on Stage1 shortly.
      02-26-2019, 06:06 AM   #180
Simon89
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D XDrive

Any more videos yet?
      02-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #181
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Nope just Stage3 and 1. I'll give it a go
Might as well try it out and let us know what you think.

After reading all the reviews thus far and reading what each stage offers. I felt stage 2 was exactly what i needed and haven't even considered stage 1 or stage 3....maybe stage 3 if i hit the track lol but definitely not stage 1 ever
      02-26-2019, 10:12 AM   #182
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFulton View Post
Munchi435i, badbread,
This thing has had mixed reviews. Definite improvement for those of us that are FBO & MHD 2+ ?
Thanks!
WOW....i completely forgot about taking off the MHD torque limiter fix

But I'm waiting for a new OTG cable since the one I received with my BimmerGeeks stopped responding!!

Once i get it tomorrow I will flash a new map I just received along with unchecking the MHD option for the TQ limiter fix
      02-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #183
badbread
not good, but bad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFulton View Post
Munchi435i, badbread,
Thanks!
I haven't tried the latest MHD xHP flash option but did reflash MHD when xHP came out without the torque limiter option. (That's confusing...)
      03-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #184
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep
Drives: f06 640i GC. E82 N54 135i

damn this thread died plz owners chime in any differences in shift speed in sport plus manual mode. I feel as if my 640i zf8 doesnt downshift as fast as my zf6 xhp 135.... whereas the 2019 x5 i had banged gears like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 07:39 PM   #185
mtf30
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsocold View Post
damn this thread died plz owners chime in any differences in shift speed in sport plus manual mode. I feel as if my 640i zf8 doesnt downshift as fast as my zf6 xhp 135.... whereas the 2019 x5 i had banged gears like crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsocold View Post
I'm running XHP stage 2, with MHD stage 3
My opinion on XHP not worth the money
Stage 1 should be normal driving
Stage 2 Should be Sport plus mode
Stage 3 setting should be activated in M/S when you move the shifter over

Stage 3 is way to aggressive to use all the time, stage 2 isn't aggressive enough this would solve th e issue to be able to go back and forth in real time

When I really want to use stage 3 is getting on the HWY, than be able to back down to stage 2, which still should be more aggressive not dropping RPMs below 2k, stage 2 needs a lot of work, car still feels to doggy I need an aggressive tune to be Able to use daily not just on the track

That's the problem with XHP it turns your car into comfort mode with stage 1 & 2 just being slightly more aggressive, stage 3 feels like your car is ready to explode, and is way to over the top unless your at the track
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #186
FallenRainDrops
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 435i RWD

anyone running XHP with BM3 stage 2 Octane91/93? what are your observations ?
BC Racing Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #187
Jpup
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenRainDrops View Post
anyone running XHP with BM3 stage 2 Octane91/93? what are your observations ?
I am running BM3 Stage 2 E30 tune. My thoughts (posted previously):

Just to add to the reviews, I have stage 3 partnered with mods in my sig and am very happy. Shifts are much quicker and smoother, depending what setting you are in. The newest revision does help the car drive more like factory, instead of shifting through every gear extremely quickly.

With stage 3, sport+ and S drive mode will not be for everyone. I almost never use this (due to extreme shift points) on street but I do manually shift in sport+ all the time for the increased shift firmness.

All in all, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys pushing their car. Comfort is much smoother for daily driving and the shifting in sport/sport+ makes the car feel like a different animal.

----------

All in all I recommend going to stage 3 for anyone looking to get it. Sport mode shifts at stage 2 speed. Sport+ mode shifts at stage 3 speed. So with stage 3 loaded, I can truthfully choose how hard the car will shift between comfort (level 1) -> sport (level 2) -> sport+ (level 3).

3rd gear seems more usable with power delivery from BM3 Stage 2 with the removed torque limiters. Same with 6th, however I personally don't do hard pulls in 6th to really notice the difference. BM3 and xHP are paired perfectly together in my opinion.
Appreciate 2
      03-30-2019, 08:13 AM   #188
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
i like it, im running stage 2 and the car shifts great. Once you can set your own shift points I suspect more people will be jumping on this.

It might be already out?

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 09:06 PM   #189
TerryGTX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Bmw 435xi M-sport

Am I the only one who actually enjoys Stage 3? haha

I hated the first version. as the D shifts at way too low rpms.
In the second version,
in Comfort
D provides very smooth and appropriate shift-points for daily driving. but doesn't let you get into higher rpm with light throttle for turbo spools
S has higher shift-points and hangs gears appropriately for turbo spoolings.
in sport
D doesn't change shifting points- but has 'throttle blips' where it tires to rev match
S has higher shift-points and a little "throttle blips"-liked where it tries to rev match

in sport+ --- it has racing behaviors...but according to someone posted on this forum- it wasn't actually faster than the stock trans mappings...which is interesting
D-same to sport--but it's a mode you can stay stealthy for any potential challenger on the road, once you want to race, you shift into S
S-gives you race-liked shifting-behaviors, and it shifts depending on whether you are going uphill/downhill. shiftings are stronger and aggressive.

Manual shiftings are indeed faster in Sport+/Sport than in Comfort.
In comfort/sport, Ds share same shift-points. Ss share same shift-points.

One thing you need to know...The sport/comfort button changes your throttle mappings but no longer changes your shift-points. D/S now manages the shift mappings. So don't complain about your sport/sport+ modes in D not hanging gears like it used to.
Feel free to correct me, but the above is what I felt after driving it.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 06:36 PM   #190
924845192@qq
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryGTX View Post

In the second version,
in Comfort
D provides very smooth and appropriate shift-points for daily driving. but doesn't let you get into higher rpm with light throttle for turbo spools
in sport
D doesn't change shifting points- but has 'throttle blips' where it tires to rev match
S has higher shift-points and a little "throttle blips"-liked where it tries to rev match

in sport+ --- it has racing behaviors...but according to someone posted on this forum- it wasn't actually faster than the stock trans mappings...which is interesting
D-same to sport--but it's a mode you can stay stealthy for any potential challenger on the road, once you want to race, you shift into S
S-gives you race-liked shifting-behaviors, and it shifts depending on whether you are going uphill/downhill. shiftings are stronger and aggressive.

One thing you need to know...The sport/comfort button changes your throttle mappings but no longer changes your shift-points. D/S now manages the shift mappings. So don't complain about your sport/sport+ modes in D not hanging gears like it used to.
stage 2 or 3?"sport+ /D" this combination,2 or 3 is best?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 10:46 PM   #191
TerryGTX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Bmw 435xi M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924845192@qq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryGTX View Post

In the second version,
in Comfort
in sport

stage 2 or 3?"sport+ /D" this combination,2 or 3 is best?
All above was based on my experience with stg2 v1.1
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #192
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Currently using Stage 2 v1.1 and its much better than the previous version.

Recently added the linear throttle option through MHD and the car now is so much smoother!!!

I use comfort mode most of the time and when needing to pass someone i just move the shifter to M/S and the transmission down shifts about 2 gears lower and holds rpms according to how much pedal your giving
      04-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #193
mtf30
Rep

If you want your car to be in comfort mode 24.7 its great lol

One thing you need to know...The sport/comfort button changes your throttle mappings but no longer changes your shift-points. D/S now manages the shift mappings. So don't complain about your sport/sport+ modes in D not hanging gears like it used to.>>> This is the problem and i am going to complain about it cause it sucks! I don't want my car to feel doggy in sport + mode
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 11:43 AM   #194
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
FYI, new update from Facebook:

Quote:
Huge MAP-UPDATE V2.0 for N55 8-Speed cars!

- Stage 2 and 3 Calibrations are now also fully compatible to cars without DEC/Sport-Automatic-Transmission. Those cars will get the same shift performance as cars with Sport-Auto, without the need of retrofitting SA2TB.

- Launch Control is now also active on cars without SA2TB (Sport Automatic) and on early F-Series cars. (Note:Cars before Summer 2014 won't get visual feedback in the Dash, although Launch Control is active)

- Changed the DEC logic. The DEC button now only sets the minimum shift speed, instead of locking it entirely. Through sensing the throttle pedal, the transmission now automatically upscales the shift-mode when necessary. This means for example the full shift-performance is now also available in D+Comfort, when the throttle is pressed quickly.

- Much quicker downshifts in Comfort mode, when Kickdown is activated

- Downshifts on D+Sport much smoother

The maps get downloaded automatically, when opening xHP! A map change takes approx. 40 seconds!
Appreciate 2
      04-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #195
Jpup
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.roro View Post
FYI, new update from Facebook:
Very excited about the new DEC logic changes. That was my biggest gripe about being in D+Comfort and trying to half throttle accelerate.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #196
insane11
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

the v2 with linear throttle is really good .. very smooth shifting
      04-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #197
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
the v2 with linear throttle is really good .. very smooth shifting
agreed!! MHD's linear throttle option has been a game changer!!
      04-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #198
insane11
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
agreed!! MHD's linear throttle option has been a game changer!!
Same as bm3 linear throttle.. Before I did linear throttle.. Xhp shift to early..
Appreciate 0