F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Studio RSR

11-23-2020, 01:09 PM   #1981
dduki
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Hello all,

I just installed Android 10, 1920x720P, antiglare which i bought from Ebilaen store. Screen came without protection like it was used or maybe tested before sending. The unit boots up in 20-30 sec which is annoying so I put OEM system to show first. But the biggest problem is that to me this is not antiglare at all.

I thought that new Android HD screens were all antiglare at least that's how they advertise them. I asked them before buying and they confirmed that screen is antiglare.
I searched this topic to see other users photos of screen and a lot of them looks like mine (exp. post #1815, #1873, #1554...).

Does your screen reflects like this during the day?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #1982
Bennyf31
Rep
Drives: F31 Touring

Bayern mods 10.25'' screen and wireless apple car play

Good evening all,

Just a quick question as to sound settings for the wireless car play adapter, can anyone recommend what to set it up at,

eg: the oem side what to have to audio settings at and on the android side also and with the wireless adapter too.

I seem to be struggling at the moment for audio quality. Nb: the stereo is a standard Bmw speaker set not Harman. I am aware these are not the best in the world, but it's proving rather tricky in how to set them up correctly.

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Ben
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #1983
jake1234
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i GT (G32)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduki View Post
Hello all,

I just installed Android 10, 1920x720P, antiglare which i bought from Ebilaen store. Screen came without protection like it was used or maybe tested before sending. The unit boots up in 20-30 sec which is annoying so I put OEM system to show first. But the biggest problem is that to me this is not antiglare at all.

I thought that new Android HD screens were all antiglare at least that's how they advertise them. I asked them before buying and they confirmed that screen is antiglare.
I searched this topic to see other users photos of screen and a lot of them looks like mine (exp. post #1815, #1873, #1554...).

I just installed a 720p anti-glare unit and I do still notice some reflection but maybe not as much as you (it's hard to tell for sure from the pictures). One thing I did notice (which confirmed it is the blue anti-glare screen) is sometimes I see a blue tinge on a portion of the screen (normally the bottom). If you see that then you should have the correct screen.

I also find the screen to be surprisingly much less bright when compared to my last PX6 480p unit which was a disappointment.

I haven't timed my bootup but it seems slightly faster than my old PX6 unit. Definitely not 30 seconds though. Maybe 15-20.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #1984
jake1234
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
I have already torn my hair on the subject, I am in version 9.0, and Poweramp only stops playing for 1 second on the Android side to OEM BMW.
This is the only one I found (and bought) Maybe it uses a channel which is similar to that of the GPS?
You will find my research by clicking here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...orque&page=143
Otherwise control with the voice: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=3217
So your music from Poweramp does still play after switching to the OEM but just stops for 1 second? If so, that is exactly what used to happen with my old PX6 unit which was annoying but at least it still played. If so, did you do something to allow it to keep playing or just how it came? Too bad no one seems to have a proper fix to keep the music playing. It would be annoying to have to use voice commands.

Still hoping to find out from anyone else with the 720p blue anti-glare screen if the brightness is lower than other 480p screens (or other non-glare). It's a little disappointing as I would happily trade the 720p for 480p if it meant more brightness to help with day time sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 02:54 AM   #1985
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Hello,
Yes that's right, the music pauses and resumes on the OEM BMW side.
I also had a PX6 (see my research and posts in my link) and I found it very convenient to have the ANDROID sound going on !!
Here with the S625 (I am under Android 9.0) this is only possible with poweramp, I have to research why in the permissions and coding of this poweramp to understand.
And I didn't do anything special: I installed poweramp pro and it worked
I have a 1280x480 screen (so 720P) with anti-glare blue screen and the brightness is too high, so I wonder if your screen would not have a hardware problem (?) Go check the time zones side if you are okay and not in shifted schedule in the Android settings (and activate day mode "always" in the super developer options to see)
Good luck !
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 03:09 AM   #1986
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
...I just installed Android 10, 1920x720P, antiglare which i bought from Ebilaen store. Screen came without protection like it was used or maybe tested before sending...
Hello,
Without protection it is not normal!
I would say at first glance that your screen does not have anti-reflection, nor the famous "blue screen" clearly visible at 80 ° when you look at it ...
On the other hand there are screen protection which removes fingerprints and partially the reflection, I found my happiness here: https://www.protectionfilms24.fr/

Last edited by F20_M135i; 11-24-2020 at 07:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 03:24 AM   #1987
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor8490 View Post
Is it possible to downgrade to android 9? since I have serious problems with the bluetooth connection and apple carplay.

It takes a long time to start zlink, when it starts there are constant audio cuts until the bluetooth is disconnected from the iphone and it does not reconnect automatically.

With android 9 it worked perfect for me, also once the bluetooth of the iphone was connected, it automatically started zlink with carplay.

A greeting and thanks for your help
A Downgrade is not possible :/

Quote:
Hello all,

20-30 sec is a normal boot time, as the car do not have permanent power at the multimedia system it has to boot from zero every time.

Your Screen seems to be "normal" Antiglare not blueglare-Antiglare, i just added a picture and Information of the different display types at the 1st Post of this thread.

For some models there are no blueglare displays available, also some seller do ship wrong displays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1234 View Post

Still hoping to find out from anyone else with the 720p blue anti-glare screen if the brightness is lower than other 480p screens (or other non-glare). It's a little disappointing as I would happily trade the 720p for 480p if it meant more brightness to help with day time sunlight.
My 720p BGAG Screen is also same brightness as the old one, maybe you have enabled Lamp control ? this does darken, check at "Factory Settings" that it is disabled (closed).

Kri
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      11-24-2020, 03:24 AM   #1988
steslatt
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Hi, I have a couple of questions/issues hopefully someone can help.

First issue, if I hold menu to go to the BMW system my music pauses (bluetooth from phone), when I switch back to android the music resumes but only for about 1 second then pauses again, no matter how many times I play it again it always pauses straight away. Is there a fix for this?

This could be a longshot but I know some people use this app. When using Headunit reloaded app if I turn the ignition off then back on within 10 minutes when the app connects again I get a blank space where the icons and clock usually are (see picture), is there a fix for this?

Finally, how do I reboot/restart the unit without turning the ignition off?

Last edited by steslatt; 11-24-2020 at 06:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 04:24 AM   #1989
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor8490 View Post
Is it possible to downgrade to android 9?
Yes, should be possible if you made an image backup before upgrading to 10.

If no backup, let's hope someone can provide you with an image backup from an identical device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
A Downgrade is not possible :/
What do you say, Kri, I make image backups all the time (other devices), why wouldn't that be possible with these devices? Has anyone tried?

I still have 9, but hesitate to experiment with it, since everything is working (almost) perfect.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...id-to-computer
Appreciate 1
dduki1.50
      11-24-2020, 04:36 AM   #1990
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steslatt View Post
Hi, I have a couple of questions/issues hopefully someone can help.

First issue, if I hold menu to go to the BMW system my music pauses (bluetooth from phone), when I switch back to android the music resumes but only for about 1 second then pauses again, no matter how many times I play it again it always pauses straight away. Is there a fix for this?

This could be a longshot but I know some people use this app. When using Headunit reloaded app if I turn the ignition off then back on within 10 minutes when the app connects again I get a blank space where the icons and clock usually are (see picture), is there a fix for this?
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...mPNNcsdG2u1zSm

Finally, how do I reboot/restart the unit without turning the ignition off?
Hello,

Music cut problem: We discuss three cases before yours ...

Empty space icon: Your photo is not displayed and I'm not sure I understand the situation (via google translation) ...

Restart the unit: In the factory settings, enter your code, choose "import configuration" and find the restart button ...

================================================

Hello Mirjam ,

I am not sure that the method is sufficient to re-inject the image because it is from the bootloader mode that this is done, and in our case, nothing allows you to access it

Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      11-24-2020, 05:24 AM   #1991
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Yes, should be possible if you made an image backup before upgrading to 10.

If no backup, let's hope someone can provide you with an image backup from an identical device.

What do you say, Kri, I make image backups all the time (other devices), why wouldn't that be possible with these devices? Has anyone tried?

I still have 9, but hesitate to experiment with it, since everything is working (almost) perfect.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...id-to-computer
Only confirm stuff when you are sure it does work, especially at special devices like our headunits
As F20_M135i mentioned, there are serval access issues.

Until now no one has tried / successfully done a downgrade and there are no downgrade files availabe so actual state = it is not possible.

It may be possible with the soldering method, but here again you need files/ process first, which someone would need to do.

Kri
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      11-24-2020, 05:56 AM   #1992
steslatt
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Quote:
Hello,

Music cut problem: We discuss three cases before yours ...
So no solution yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 07:26 AM   #1993
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Exclamation

BAI NICOLAS
11 bis, rue Ponsard
38100 GRENOBLE
FRANCE
+33 09.59.47.70.47

this person uses the links that we post here to try to order for you and on your account, with your money.
Watch out for that bad person trying to scam ...
LACK OF BOWL FOR YOU GUYS "NICOLAS" YOU FALL ON THE BAD PERSON FOR HACKING
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 08:36 AM   #1994
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
BAI NICOLAS
11 bis, rue Ponsard
38100 GRENOBLE
FRANCE
+33 09.59.47.70.47

this person uses the links that we post here to try to order for you and on your account, with your money.
Watch out for that bad person trying to scam ...
LACK OF BOWL FOR YOU GUYS "NICOLAS" YOU FALL ON THE BAD PERSON FOR HACKING
Any details how the scam is done ?

Kri
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      11-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #1995
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Unhappy

He managed to retrieve a cookie which I unfortunately left by indicating a link here from an old order, rather than from the home address / url of the site.
After he noticed that my name was present, he ordered everything (with my identifiers) until the moment of paying when he was told that no bank card was registered, so he abandoned everything.
But his name and address (above) remained registered in my account ...
And the site then contacted me to ask me to pay for my (his) order!
I did the opposite way (from an anonymous browser) with a traceroute to find my affected cookies, my IP and my coordinates (I am also stupid on this one)
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 02:37 PM   #1996
jake1234
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
My 720p BGAG Screen is also same brightness as the old one, maybe you have enabled Lamp control ? this does darken, check at "Factory Settings" that it is disabled (closed).

Kri
Hmm strange. I have double checked I do have lamp control set to closed and all other brightness controls are maxed. It's not dim and is still okay in sunlight, just not as good as my old screen. Maybe my old unit was abnormally bright compared to other units. Seems like nothing can be done anyways so I'll just have to live with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 02:41 PM   #1997
jake1234
Rep

Quote:
Hello,
Yes that's right, the music pauses and resumes on the OEM BMW side.
I also had a PX6 (see my research and posts in my link) and I found it very convenient to have the ANDROID sound going on !!
Here with the S625 (I am under Android 9.0) this is only possible with poweramp, I have to research why in the permissions and coding of this poweramp to understand.
And I didn't do anything special: I installed poweramp pro and it worked
I have a 1280x480 screen (so 720P) with anti-glare blue screen and the brightness is too high, so I wonder if your screen would not have a hardware problem (?) Go check the time zones side if you are okay and not in shifted schedule in the Android settings (and activate day mode "always" in the super developer options to see)
Good luck !
That is very strange that your unit resumes poweramp and mine doesn't. Although you are on Android 9 and I am on 10 so perhaps something has changed in the update? Really hoping I can figure it out as it's super annoying. Especially when I want to adjust the OEM tone levels and I can't have the music playing at the same time.

If you have the 1280x480 screen that that is 480p, whereas mine is 1920x720 so 720p. Perhaps the 480p screens are just naturally brighter. I've checked everything else but will check the day mode as well just in case.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 03:34 AM   #1998
Zaphod_15
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Best unit

Hi guys, just a quick question. What is the best unit to get? The brand I mean...Navifly, Ebilaen, andream? I think I'm gonna buy from aliexpress and I am looking at these:

- Navifly:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

-Ebilaen: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...archweb201603_

-Andream: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...archweb201603_

Pricewise they are almost the same. I see that the navifly one has the antiglare feature, but looking at the pictures in the reviews section I honestly don't see the difference...

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 05:18 AM   #1999
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Hello all,

Unfortunately your pictures are not of that good quality to see if your screen is antiglare or not. It looks more like there is a reflective film on the screen. Sometimes ppl think there is no film while it actually is. Pls double check.

All HD 720p screens from Ebilaen are matt anti-glare. Never seen blue anti-glare to compare but I fully satisfied with matt anti-glare.

Here are the pictures to see that anti-glare matt surface.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MrChang36.00
dduki1.50
      11-25-2020, 05:32 AM   #2000
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_15 View Post
Hi guys, just a quick question. What is the best unit to get? The brand I mean...Navifly, Ebilaen, andream? I think I'm gonna buy from aliexpress and I am looking at these:

- Navifly:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

-Ebilaen: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...archweb201603_

-Andream: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...archweb201603_

Pricewise they are almost the same. I see that the navifly one has the antiglare feature, but looking at the pictures in the reviews section I honestly don't see the difference...

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!!
I buy in quantities from Ebilaen. I could recommend him as a very good seller. He solves all possible issues and mistakes.

Important if you have a local warehouse to return goods free of charge in case the device is faulty. Also check if you have to pay the customs taxes or the seller is covering this.

He sells dGS brand which is number one I believe so no issues with further FW updates.

Now during Black Friday days is the right time for shopping) Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 06:06 AM   #2001
Zaphod_15
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
I buy in quantities from Ebilaen. I could recommend him as a very good seller. He solves all possible issues and mistakes.

Important if you have a local warehouse to return goods free of charge in case the device is faulty. Also check if you have to pay the customs taxes or the seller is covering this.

He sells dGS brand which is number one I believe so no issues with further FW updates.

Now during Black Friday days is the right time for shopping) Good luck!
Thank you for the quick reply!

Then I guess I will go for the Andream one, since it is the only one that ships from Spain, witch is where I am. Is that a good one?

Thank you very much!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 02:17 PM   #2002
jake1234
Rep

I've been having another issue that just started yesterday with the audio. Sometimes I only get audio coming from the front centre speaker. I fiddled with some settings the last few days but have reverted back to what was originally there. Not sure how or why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Has anyone else came across this issue?

I also have noticed that it seems one of the main issues with the sound quality not being nearly as good via Android as opposed to OEM is the majority of sound comes out of the front centre speaker (and lots of bass from the subs). When I put my ear to the side tweeter and mid range speaker they are fairly quiet. Could my unit be hooked up incorrectly or is this normal? I have the 16 speaker HK system.

Last edited by jake1234; 11-25-2020 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0