F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

11-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #2047
MightyMouseSP
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Unfortunately your pictures are not of that good quality to see if your screen is antiglare or not. It looks more like there is a reflective film on the screen. Sometimes ppl think there is no film while it actually is. Pls double check.

All HD 720p screens from Ebilaen are matt anti-glare. Never seen blue anti-glare to compare but I fully satisfied with matt anti-glare.

Here are the pictures to see that anti-glare matt surface.
Hi serge,

I think I have the same issue... Should I remove that film if I have it...?

Thanks!

Last edited by MightyMouseSP; 11-30-2020 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #2048
jake1234
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i GT (G32)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Have you installed Sound Restorer app? It helps to keep your android sound stable, avoid such cases when the sound goes out of the central speaker only.

Is your OEM system NBT or CIC? Normally on NBT there are no sound issues like on CIC where you need to connect AUX using extension cable in some cases.

Try also sound settings in the android, different sound sources, different players to compare.
Normally sound from android side is comparable with oem, since aux is just a part of your oem system.
No I haven't tried that app but will give it a try. My OEM system is NBT .

I use Poweramp for music which is normally very high quality. I have also tried the built-in music app, Youtube and Spotify. Seems to be the same. Could this be an issue with how the unit is hooked up?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 12:41 PM   #2049
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Hi guys, since my wireless CarPlay it’s not working well I’m wondering if there is a possibility of use USB with ZLink. If I connect my iPhone Android detects it as an MTP drive. Maybe some setting in ZLink can enable Wired CarPlay?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #2050
JetForce
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er (F21 LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coniman View Post
With 2.3.6 there is a bug with Zlink and it doesn't autostart anymore. You have to downgrade to 2.3.0 to have the older version of Zlink. If the app doesn't downgrade you must do it using APKInstaller. Until a few days ago my Zlink app was autostarting immediately, but now it takes over a minute since Bluetooth connection is stablished and I can figure why is taking so much time.
Thanks for the reply, that explains a lot.

The OTA firmware of my unit is 2.3.6. Does anyone know what exactly causes the problem? Is it the updated ZLink app (updated from V3.6.10 to V 4.0.3) with latest OTA, or is it the firmware itself?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #2051
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1234 View Post
No I haven't tried that app but will give it a try. My OEM system is NBT .

I use Poweramp for music which is normally very high quality. I have also tried the built-in music app, Youtube and Spotify. Seems to be the same. Could this be an issue with how the unit is hooked up?
Try the sound restorer first, if that doesn't resolve the issue, bad connections can absolutely cause what you describe. I had a similar issue, with tiny sound sometimes, bad connections was the cause. Disconnect the harness and connect it again. Must be completely inserted.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 02:49 PM   #2052
coniman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetForce View Post
Thanks for the reply, that explains a lot.

The OTA firmware of my unit is 2.3.6. Does anyone know what exactly causes the problem? Is it the updated ZLink app (updated from V3.6.10 to V 4.0.3) with latest OTA, or is it the firmware itself?
I don’t know if it’s the firmware or the app. But I’m on 2.3.0 with V3.6.10 and it works. You can try 3.6.10 on 2.3.6 to see if it’s the firm or the app. I’ve extracted it from 2.3.0.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Ac...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by coniman; 11-30-2020 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #2053
jake1234
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i GT (G32)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Try the sound restorer first, if that doesn't resolve the issue, bad connections can absolutely cause what you describe. I had a similar issue, with tiny sound sometimes, bad connections was the cause. Disconnect the harness and connect it again. Must be completely inserted.
The sound restorer app seems to have (so far) fixed the issue of sometimes only getting sound from the centre speaker.

The quality of sound issue is strange as the sound is not tinny. There is plenty of bass. But it seems like the majority of sound is coming out of the centre speaker with the tweeters and side mid range speakers being a fair amount quieter. So the music sounds less full or less wide. Big difference from OEM.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 07:30 PM   #2054
HEEDlight
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
For that to work Android would have to be always awake. Tracking system that only works 20-30sec after the car is started is pretty useless. Most stolen vehicle are never to be driven again and are striped for parts.
Your point is right sure, but I guees most cards have the Basis BMW alarm, but this on is missing a tracking function (GPS). So when they steal it they probably drive a while. I mean its for free anyway, so better than nothing. Also I could imagine that they break the first alarm system which they might now, but this is hidden, its just a HU.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 07:32 PM   #2055
HEEDlight
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc_uk View Post
Agreed its not perfect, but I've got Home Assistant running on my HU, which does provide GPS tracking of the car when the HU is running, which works pretty well for what I need it for like finding the last place I think I parked and some other location based triggers I use.
Do you have a link to this app?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 08:30 PM   #2056
coniman
Private
Rep

Someone knows how to activate wired CarPlay in ZLink? In app settings my license is only for Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto but I've seen different licenses, and there is one that enables Wired and Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

This is my unit:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/nkYYFYw/B3-BEA35-C-...8-D2889038.jpg[/img]

And those are all the options:
[IMG]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...g?v=1562124538[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 10:24 PM   #2057
gauchodan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

Quote:
Someone knows how to activate wired CarPlay in ZLink? In app settings my license is only for Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto but I've seen different licenses, and there is one that enables Wired and Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

This is my unit:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/nkYYFYw/B3-BEA35-C-...8-D2889038.jpg[/img]

And those are all the options:
[IMG]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...g?v=1562124538[/IMG]
Quote:
I'd love if wired was also an option. Zlink wireless is so frustratingly unreliable. I'm going to email them now about this. product@zjinnova.com
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 12:51 AM   #2058
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseSP View Post
Hi serge,

I think I have the same issue... Should I remove that film if I have it...?

Thanks!
If you have that film of course remove it. Normally all 10.25" HUs come with that film, all 720p screens are matt anti-glare under the film.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2020, 03:38 AM   #2059
Bennyf31
Rep
Drives: F31 Touring

Audio settings

Good morning all,

Hopefully someone can answer this, I have a f31 2015my with standard audio in the vehicle, with oem satnav, but no upgrade speakers or amplifiers.

The trouble is I have the 10.25'' android system, the only bug with it is the audio settings. How or which are the best audio settings for using Spotify on the system, both oem side and android side. I'm no audiophile, but I'm having trouble with the bass though the speakers.. any ideas 🤷🏻

I use my iPhone as a hotspot and access Spotify though it that way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ben!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 05:43 AM   #2060
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyf31 View Post
I'm no audiophile, but I'm having trouble with the bass though the speakers.. any ideas 🤷🏻
First of all, if you have anything plugged into the AUX, remove that.

Is it only when you are streaming from iPhone that bass is lacking, or also when you play music files directly from the Android unit?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 06:19 AM   #2061
Bennyf31
Rep
Drives: F31 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyf31 View Post
I'm no audiophile, but I'm having trouble with the bass though the speakers.. any ideas 🤷🏻
First of all, if you have anything plugged into the AUX, remove that.

Is it only when you are streaming from iPhone that bass is lacking, or also when you play music files directly from the Android unit?
I only play music though Spotify.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 11:11 AM   #2062
Mortenmyre
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328I m-sport

hello there..
i got the SD625 10.25 " screen .
and i cant get android auto to work wirelessly with my oneplus 8 pro (android 11 )
Using zlink 3.6.10. It says wireless carplay + android auto
is this possible and can somebody help....

thanks

Last edited by Mortenmyre; 12-01-2020 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #2063
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

I checked the update in comparison to 2.3.6 , this version 2.5.3 is from 27th November 2020.

The update cen be found here:
https://mega.nz/file/gAATHY4Z#5DT4Gk...0J3-NRgJQV8km8

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v2.5.3
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.zlx.20201127.153830
ro.system.build.date=Fri Nov 27 15:38:21 CST 2020
ro.system.build.fingerprint=qti/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:10/QKQ1.191008.001/zlx11271538:userdebug/test-keys
This update does have massive code changes/updates to Lexus/Alfa_Romeo gui have been completed and a new GUI for small Displays have been added.

This makes it very difficult to distinguish between code that is only related to that three gui`s and code that applies to all GUI`s.

There are lots of updates at Bluetooth related code, as i don`t have Zlink / carlink it would be great if people can check if there are changes in detail.
  • Feature: Add support for idrive "Push UP" / "Push Down" Controller movement, now is keypad up/down.
  • Feature: New GUI "Common_UI_GS_UG_1024" probably targeting 9" Mercedes headunits
  • Feature: Massive update to Lexus and Alfa_Romeo Gui, including BT/DVD/FM/Airconditioner stuff ect.
  • Feature: MemoryKiller function fully implement, seems that non ksw apps will be killed in background now if running low memory.
    NOTE: THIS MAY KILL other Software that is running in background/overlay mode! (kswoverlay still working)
  • Feature: New Button String for "ECO", probably Eco button support at Dashboard for Cars that have that function.
  • Feature: MCU code update for "Cargear" and turn signal (left,right,double), probably only Lexus ?
  • Feature: Bluetooth Set volume string at KSWBT, details unknown yet
  • Feature: Audio Media Focus function has been added, details unknown yet
  • Update: GOCSDK and "BluetoothSocket" update, also now a "BT_State" query
  • Update: Update to Lexus Touchdisplay Support

BUG: while the idrive Pushup/down function does show the position at ID7 gui, it does not show the position at ID6, this is only a minor issue.
As there are no users yet with small 1024 Displays i don`t do a new factory_config.xml file, so for this Update 2.5.3 still the 2.1.0 file does fit.

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 12-03-2020 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 4
RedErik1023.50
Mjam133.50
serge858149.50
      12-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #2064
JetForce
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er (F21 LCI)

Quote:
I don’t know if it’s the firmware or the app. But I’m on 2.3.0 with V3.6.10 and it works. You can try 3.6.10 on 2.3.6 to see if it’s the firm or the app. I’ve extracted it from 2.3.0.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Ac...w?usp=drivesdk
Thanks for the extract, coni. I deleted the latest version of Z-Link and replaced it with the one you uploaded. Takes a while, but after the connection of bluetooth now it automatically launches Zlink and connects the phone via carplay. Thanks for the help!

Another challenge I have, that the phone really "connects" to the wifi-hotspot which is apparently automatically created, so every function which requires internet in CarPlay does not work first. After a while, there is a pop-up on my phone, stating that the wifi doesn't provide an internet connection and that I can switch to mobile data. I switch to mobile data, suddenly everything works perfectly. Any idea on this one?
Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      12-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #2065
coniman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetForce View Post
Quote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-AczEfT-QR3aMIpOWmHrCxccWiPQBF7F/view?usp=drivesdk
Thanks for the extract, coni. I deleted the latest version of Z-Link and replaced it with the one you uploaded. Takes a while, but after the connection of bluetooth now it automatically launches Zlink and connects the phone via carplay. Thanks for the help!

Another challenge I have, that the phone really "connects" to the wifi-hotspot which is apparently automatically created, so every function which requires internet in CarPlay does not work first. After a while, there is a pop-up on my phone, stating that the wifi doesn't provide an internet connection and that I can switch to mobile data. I switch to mobile data, suddenly everything works perfectly. Any idea on this one?
Unpair Bluetooth both, first from phone and then the from screen and also forget wifi network on the iPhone. And then pair it again, but only Bluetooth don't touch anything on wifi settings.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2020, 11:21 PM   #2066
onblue
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Question about The Head Unit

Hi guys, I'm new here. Been searching through page 1 for my question but I haven't found it. So please excuse me if I'm asking old boring question.

I just bought the SD625 unit 2 days ago and got it installed by the local seller.

My question is:
1. The volume button in steering switch and the middle panel above the AC is working, but there is no volume bar visible in the screen. So I can increase or decrease the volume but I don't know how loud is the volume currently, is it 50% volume or 70% and so on.

2. I am installing the spotify apps directly to the Head Unit, and yes the next song and prev song button is working. But the middle screen in the speedometer is saying "Aux active, steering switch control inactive". Is it normal like that?

Name:  20201201_100032.jpg
Views: 3226
Size:  59.8 KB

3. I saw the TPMS menu installed already in the Head Unit. Can you guys recommend the link to buy the correct TPMS sensor in the tyre?

Thanks a lot guys
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 02:04 AM   #2067
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by onblue View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here. Been searching through page 1 for my question but I haven't found it. So please excuse me if I'm asking old boring question.

I just bought the SD625 unit 2 days ago and got it installed by the local seller.

My question is:
1. The volume button in steering switch and the middle panel above the AC is working, but there is no volume bar visible in the screen. So I can increase or decrease the volume but I don't know how loud is the volume currently, is it 50% volume or 70% and so on.

2. I am installing the spotify apps directly to the Head Unit, and yes the next song and prev song button is working. But the middle screen in the speedometer is saying "Aux active, steering switch control inactive". Is it normal like that?

Attachment 2473898

3. I saw the TPMS menu installed already in the Head Unit. Can you guys recommend the link to buy the correct TPMS sensor in the tyre?

Thanks a lot guys
1 and 2. It is normal.
3. You don't need to buy TPMS necessarily for that pre-installed app. You may buy any TMPS you like and then install and use the appropriate app.
I use this TPMS set: http://ali.onl/1nGO
Here's a video on my installation on YT: https://youtu.be/uSFW8ZR71xc
Appreciate 2
      12-02-2020, 04:02 AM   #2068
Patchkabel
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E34 & BMW E83

Hi,

i have got a new problem:
The HU sometimes switches automatically back to the KswMedia App or KswBT App. Often if you have opened it before or you press a Button on the steering wheel. Which is very annonying.

Even after i stop the KswBT or Media App in the Android Settings, the App keeps coming up randomly.

At the moment iam at 2.1.0. Maybe the changes on this app are the reason? downgrade shouldnt be possible to. 1.8.5? Or to manually downgrade the Ksw APP.

I get the feeling that my MCU triggers the app. My MCU Version is a GS with E39 Software from June 2020 (Exact MCU String i have to look up).

HU is installed in an E83 with K-Bus.
Appreciate 0