F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Can't add my car in BMW ConnectedDrive
ARMA SPEED

01-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #23
GearRex
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, E46 ZHP, 991.2 Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I'm having a similar issue, connected drive seems to be disabled in the car no functionality, added the car to my connected drive portal and it's requesting I confirm the security code sent to the car, however the car isn't receiving anything.

I've sent them email tonight so lets see what they say.
Did you ever solved this issue?

I have a 2018 X2 and I added the car to my existing Connected Drive account. The system accepts the VIN last 7 and asks for the confirmation code that was sent to my Messages on iDrive.

Trouble is, there is no Messages option under the Cennected Drive menu on iDrive, so no message, no activation.

I am stuck in a catch 22. I need the services activated in order to get the messages, but I need the code to activate these services.

I am frustrated. Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #24
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearRex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I'm having a similar issue, connected drive seems to be disabled in the car no functionality, added the car to my connected drive portal and it's requesting I confirm the security code sent to the car, however the car isn't receiving anything.

I've sent them email tonight so lets see what they say.

I have a 2018 X2 and I added the car to my existing Connected Drive account. The system accepts the VIN last 7 and asks for the confirmation code that was sent to my Messages on iDrive.

Trouble is, there is no Messages option under the Cennected Drive menu on iDrive, so no message, no activation.

I am stuck in a catch 22. I need the services activated in order to get the messages, but I need the code to activate these services.

See my issue is that I there is messages under connected drive but the message isn't appearing that I send :') watching if anybody has clues
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 05:47 AM   #25
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I had something similar, had to email them, then email over my car documents and they then added my car to my account but it still never worked and given had it took then 3+ weeks to respond I just gave up and then let the services expire and never renewed them.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 06:37 AM   #26
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearRex View Post

Yes, I didn't get a reply from BMW connected services but the connected drive just came on stream and the code came through and now everything works.

Strange and I'm not sure what happened but it all works.
      01-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #27
thanksalatte
Alpine white for life!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 m550i, 2015 328i (sold)

A different issue?

Seems that my car wasn't equipped with the "mobile network facility"? Anyone seen this note before? They should really stop emailing me and notifying me of this awesome connecteddrive feature whenever I login if I don't even have it! lol

Message says:
"THE VEHICLE CANNOT BE ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
This vehicle does not a have a mobile network facility. This means that it cannot be added to your account."

=/
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 11:36 PM   #28
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksalatte View Post
Seems that my car wasn't equipped with the "mobile network facility"? Anyone seen this note before? They should really stop emailing me and notifying me of this awesome connecteddrive feature whenever I login if I don't even have it! lol

Message says:
"THE VEHICLE CANNOT BE ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
This vehicle does not a have a mobile network facility. This means that it cannot be added to your account."

=/
Dang yea before I retrofitted stuff that's the message I used to get when my care was basic. It's because you don't have the onboard sim/telematic module in the trunk which is basically like a cellphone for the car. Anyway yea I'm still getting the maintenance thing everyone LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 05:06 AM   #29
omorzo
Always on track!
Italy
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
I don't have nothing but the assist phones numbers in connected drive menu. I have BMW Online option and registered the car with my account. What can i do?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 10:43 PM   #30
viajealmundo
Private
Rep
Drives: F32 428xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightf30 View Post
Dang yea before I retrofitted stuff that's the message I used to get when my care was basic. It's because you don't have the onboard sim/telematic module in the trunk which is basically like a cellphone for the car. Anyway yea I'm still getting the maintenance thing everyone LOL
I keep getting the SAME message, but I think it's BS. I KNOW I have the onboard SIM. I can connect to BMW Online from the car, and it connects to a 3G network... it just shows me that I have BMW Assist and BMW TeleService, even though I literally have no clue how to access either of those. Apparently, I have it until 2026... which could be useful, if (a) I could connect the car to my phone or (b) had any clue how to operate those functions..
Does anyone have any idea WTF is going on? I plan on just asking the dealer at the next oil change or something. I just want it fixed... kind of been bugging me.
Appreciate 0