F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > How to restore Internet to your car with Amazon Fire TV
proTUNING Freaks

02-17-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
wnrussell
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Smile How to restore Internet to your car with Amazon Fire TV

Well, I think I finally figured out how to put the Internet back on to my Bimmer and so much more. It now has Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Google Chromecast and a Firefox browser. For those of you who don't know, BMW stopped servicing the internet feature in its cars this past January in 34 countries. For those who know about me, I like to be the first person to accomplish something whenever possible.

To do it, you only need four (4) parts, a rear camera video input like the NAV-TV BMW12N-DYNAMIC Kit an Amazon Firestick TV device, 4G LTE hotspot, and a Rii i8+ BT Mini Wireless Bluetooth Backlight Touchpad Keyboard with Mouse for PC/Mac/Android. Total cost is less than $700 and it takes about four (4) hours to install.

Here is what Fire TV looks like on the I-Drive Control Panel

To get your browser back, follow this link from Troypoint How To Install Browser On Fire TV Or Stick

Here is my website and Java is enabled

Get Sling TV for unlimited TV channels

Enjoy!

Appreciate 0