F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Seat heating switched buttons? After seat change
proTUNING Freaks

Today, 02:08 PM   #1
Frozen F30
Win or learn.
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Seat heating switched buttons? After seat change

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I changed my base seats with seat heating to leather sport seats with heating.

Now my passenger seat heating works with driver seat heating button? So they switched sides. My car is left hand drive. I changed module under the seat to one from my old seat, but still no luck. What do I need to do or code to get passenger seat heating work from passenger side button?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:49 PM   #2
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 340I

The heating module under the seats are identical. The position are coded by the wiring under the seat by one ore more connections to 0 volts or ground.
The drivers seat have no additional ground wire, the passenger seat has an additional ground wire to terminal 1.
You will probably find that the drivers side in your car has the bround wire in pin 1 and passenger side no ground wire at pin 1.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:57 PM   #3
Frozen F30
Win or learn.
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Ohh okay! Thanks for the info. So you mean I would have to run ground wire to the passenger seat to change the button or what? Is it possible to change those wirings?
Appreciate 0