F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Display NO SIGNAL
Studio RSR

07-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
Boss11SJP
Rep
Drives: F31 2016 built, RADIO Prof

Question Display NO SIGNAL

Hello Dear Forum & BMW "User"

I'm writing here now, because I have a problem with the Android Display 10.25 " and i Feel kind of desperate...

When I try to get to the original menu I get a "No Signal" on the left side ,,,, and on the right side several blue lines and 8L (8 liter tank left probably, which is true).

I tried in the settings to select me almost same model (F4x half screen 6.5 ") as I have. Then comes the explained “no signal” left side ,,,, and right side blue lines + 8L. If I, however select Fx4 6.5 "fullscreen, I get a no signal in the middle of the Screen. ,,, at the right side there is nothing this time!

Have a F31, built 2016, and had the little RADIO professinal WITHOUT navigation. I do not even have an optical audio cable. Have no camera installed or other optional festures.

The PDC (at the back, because I have only factory at the back) work, but a bit slow but they work ...
Anyone here has a solution,
Or what could I do? I am so desperate ... please help me.....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:36 AM   #2
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

I'm no expert but I'd start by making sure all the quad lock connections are still nice and firm. After that you'll need someone who knows what they are talking about!
Mick
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #3
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Any time I have seen this issue of "no signal" it was the cable was loose, even just by 1/16th of an inch.

Also, its maybe possible (depends if you car could have the 8.8 screen in the first place) to code your car from the OEM 6.5 screen to the OEM 8.8. *IF* those options are in your car code, you can use something like Bimmercode to flip that option on. That will cause the Idrive screen to be FULL screen for you, rather than half screen with the info panel (blue lines and fuel etc) on the right. It HAS to do that with the OEM 6.5 because stretching that screen out to 10.25 would look awful.

So...

1. Check your cables, always been the issue I have seen for no signal
2. Check your car options with bimmercode or similar to see if you can flag to 8.8 OEM screen. The "expert mode" code lines you need to change are here on the forums.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0