F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Tracking / Racing / Autocrossing > TNiA Daytona (Full 24HR Course)
GetBMWParts

05-12-2022, 07:00 PM   #1
Foxtrot3Zero
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

TNiA Daytona (Full 24HR Course)

Hey folks! Had the chance to run a Track Night in America at Daytona last Thursday. Met a lot of great people. Several BMW's in attendance and hung out with them in between runs. We ran the full Rolex 24 course. This was my first track outing in this car. I had run other cars at Summit Point many, many years ago (when it was called Bill Scott Raceway...), so have some experience.

Take aways:
1. Car is WAY more capable than I am.
2. Track is smooth and FAST.
3. Driving into the banking at Daytona is AWESOME!!!
4. Signing up again, but scared to death I will blow my engine.

On that last point. I ran BimmerLink and was able to glance at it a few times in the banking (after getting comfortable), exiting the Bus Stop chicane and turn 1 coming off front stretch. I didn't see a huge dip in oil pressure reading so I feel okay for now. I don't think my driving is that advanced yet to see the dip in oil pressure during braking or turns to experience the oil starvation issue. Next on list of mods is baffle or M-pan/pickups though for sure.

I had a great time. Thanks to all those in the past that posted on their experiences. Helped me take the plunge.

I need to work out some video capabilities for next time. I tried this time but kept fiddling around with my iPhone and not getting it to record properly because of the mount and tether.
Attached Images