F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > What are the must have packages on the F31 Sport Wagon ?
Studio RSR

02-25-2021, 10:39 PM   #1
Cabra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

What are the must have packages on the F31 Sport Wagon ?

Shopping for an F31 328i sport wagon. M sport is a must as far as Im concerned. Any other must have packages ? The one Im looking into in particular has m sport, cold weather, driver assist, driver assist plus, lighting, premium, tech. I wish it had harmon kardon, but oh well. Any particular m performance options its missing ?

Thx
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 10:49 PM   #2
damack
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330xi

Garage List
The one thing I wish mine had was the msport brakes. Even if you don't need the performance, the aesthetics are worth it and it's costly to swap later
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 11:10 PM   #3
Cabra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

With the packages I noted above, does the car still have the option to change driving modes ? (sport, comfort, etc) Or is that something on an optional package like the Dynamic Handling Package. From what I can tell, the only package missing on this particular car is the DHP. Does the DHP make a big difference ?

Last edited by Cabra; 02-25-2021 at 11:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 04:58 PM   #4
damack
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabra View Post
With the packages I noted above, does the car still have the option to change driving modes ? (sport, comfort, etc) Or is that something on an optional package like the Dynamic Handling Package. From what I can tell, the only package missing on this particular car is the DHP. Does the DHP make a big difference ?
They all have the different driving modes.

I don't have the DHP, so can't comment.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 09:53 PM   #5
Moupe
Monobloc
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 M Coupe - '19 F31 330ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabra View Post
AFAIK, they like damack said they all have the different driving modes but the cars equipped with Adaptive M suspension and makes the greatest difference.

DHP, if the same as Track Handling Package (ZTR in BMW code) in the later cars makes a big difference visually and functionally imo. For the LCI cars optioned with THP, you get:

-18" V-spoke Orbit Grey wheel, style 398 (23N), with staggered Michelin Super Sport Tires
-M Sport Blue Brembo Brakes (2NH)
-Adaptive M Suspension (2VF)
-Variable Sport Steering aka VSS (2VL)

The 328i F31 you're looking at looks heavily optioned already. The DHP/THP optioned wagons are quite rare. The HK option is decent but shouldn't be a deal breaker imo. I have it and don't find it that impressive. I forget what each package entails but must have options for me are:

-heated steering wheel for those chilly mornings
-auto high beams for convenience and safety
-adaptive LED headlights for safety
-heads up display (HUD) also for safety/convenience
-rear seat roll-up blinds for a bit of privacy and protecting your kids from the sun
-heated seats (rears are optional and a plus)
-the other stuff is not as important but niceties to have in the grand scheme. Just some food for thought mayn!
-2002 S54 M Coupé - Steel Gray / Dark Gray/Black

Last edited by Moupe; 02-28-2021 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #6
Moupe
Monobloc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamersunite View Post
From what I can tell, the only package missing on this particular car is the DHP. Does the DHP make a big difference ?
It's missing executive package but then again I'm not sure if it was available on the pre-LCI models.

For LCI models executive pack consisted of:

-adaptive full LED headlights
-automatic high beams
-side and top view cameras
-parking assistant
-dynamic digital instrument cluster (6WB)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #7
masterzapper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i X Touring

The one thing I wish I had on mine that would be VERY difficult/costly to retrofit is the leather package (leather wrapped dash, doors, etc).
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 12:18 PM   #8
Moupe
Monobloc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
There are a handful with full leather doors and dash from BMW individual.

I tried to get full individual interior on my build but BMW said no dice. I was able to spec the full individual leather dashboard on mine, however. Well worth it for $950.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #9
MrZogs
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320DA

Quote:
Originally Posted by damack View Post
The one thing I wish mine had was the msport brakes. Even if you don't need the performance, the aesthetics are worth it and it's costly to swap later
Totally agree.

This is what I miss on mine. I just recently acquired a F31 and my first feelings is standard brakes don't bite enought. The car brakes well, don't get me wrong, but the feeling is not good (at least for me).

Last edited by MrZogs; 05-29-2021 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: fault
Appreciate 0