F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

03-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #2927
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg B. View Post
Добрый вечер. Тоже заказал. К андроид-экрану подключать разъемом, где установлен диод?
Yes, correct.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 12:57 PM   #2928
Alex20
Belarus
Rep
Drives: X4

Hello mates.
Was not able to find the solution in a thread ... so i have the following issue with wifi hot spot. Android settings are default to 5Ghz, and after android start it not able to turn on wifi access point, since head unit do not support 5Ghz, and i have to manually change band to 2.4Ghz. After that i am able to start wifi hotspot manually. But, unfortunately this setting does not saved, and after each start the band setting of wifi hot sport is 5Ghz.

ZLink option is turned off.

Do you have any ideas how to fix it? Thank you?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 01:18 PM   #2929
wildacex187
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi stock

. Can you guys recommend a vendor on aliexpress for a legit 625 screen 4 ram 64 storage please.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 01:27 PM   #2930
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildacex187 View Post
. Can you guys recommend a vendor on aliexpress for a legit 625 screen 4 ram 64 storage please.
Check out Ebilaen Store, very good seller, GS brand
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 02:42 PM   #2931
Lippo
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex20 View Post
Hello mates.
Was not able to find the solution in a thread ... so i have the following issue with wifi hot spot. Android settings are default to 5Ghz, and after android start it not able to turn on wifi access point, since head unit do not support 5Ghz, and i have to manually change band to 2.4Ghz. After that i am able to start wifi hotspot manually. But, unfortunately this setting does not saved, and after each start the band setting of wifi hot sport is 5Ghz.

ZLink option is turned off.

Do you have any ideas how to fix it? Thank you?
I’d like to know this too. I haven’t been able to find an app on the Play Store to force the setting either.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 05:04 PM   #2932
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek280 View Post
.NET It's some kind of magic for me, thanks for the explanation. In general, this looks amazing! I've connected Android BT with OEM BT. So the sound is transmitted by BT and the quality is much much better and I can see the current track on HUD. The problem is that I want to control music by OEM menu and Android is intercepting every touch of the steering wheel.

Can you tell me how to connect the android unit to bluetooth oem, I would be very grateful
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 07:41 PM   #2933
Socaln54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasBAM View Post
Can you tell me how to connect the android unit to bluetooth oem, I would be very grateful
I would think you can go to the OEM Menu, pretend you will add a Bluetooth device, once it displays the "BMWxxxxx" name for you to scan, go to the Android menu and on the Connection menu click on the search to look for bluetooth devices, you should in theory see the BMWxxxx device and add it
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 04:37 AM   #2934
krisE91
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 LCI

Hi a friend of mine has following problem

Hello. I have big problem. After update to 2.7.4. My ALS show up blue screen. I try to reset and recovery 2.3.6. System show recovery menu and reset. Next start instalation and show bluescreen second time... now i have only bootlogo and no signal. What i can do?

https://youtube.com/shorts/dFjhElnhqsw

Pendrive with reset recovery doesn't work. Inside usb pins not working any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 10:51 AM   #2935
krzysiek280
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasBAM View Post
Check the tutorial quoted in my post: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3#post26772753

The first pairing could be a little bit difficult. You will have to switch between Android and OEM a few times to do it. On the Android side BT settings will be being minimalized, but you can find them in recent apps.

After connecting check audio settings (Android), because sometimes I had the volume set to 0 (I automated it by Tasker). I like BT sound quality, that I see the track name on HUD... however, there is an issue with BT auto-connecting... And it is hard to use steering wheel buttons, because every touch is intercepted by Android.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 11:15 AM   #2936
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisE91 View Post
Hi a friend of mine has following problem

Hello. I have big problem. After update to 2.7.4. My ALS show up blue screen. I try to reset and recovery 2.3.6. System show recovery menu and reset. Next start instalation and show bluescreen second time... now i have only bootlogo and no signal. What i can do?

https://youtube.com/shorts/dFjhElnhqsw

Pendrive with reset recovery doesn't work. Inside usb pins not working any ideas?
Have you tried to use the reset button on the back of the screen? Press with a toothpick and hold 30 sec till the android restarts.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #2937
josehon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Apline White 328i E93 6MT

Hello, How long does it take to run the firmware upgrade? Current version is 1.8.2, and would like to upgrade to 2.3.6.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 02:06 AM   #2938
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by josehon View Post
Hello, How long does it take to run the firmware upgrade? Current version is 1.8.2, and would like to upgrade to 2.3.6.

Thanks
Update takes only few minutes.
Appreciate 1
josehon16.50
      03-07-2021, 02:30 AM   #2939
jakk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F34 335

Confused on what's best option?

I'm unsure what I should have selected for my android unit is there anyone here that can explain please?
I found this option when trying to improve the sound quality on my android sd625, I get a hissing on the BMW aux channel at high volume and certain frequency's at low volume, more annoying now I know about it and can here out for it...
I thought having hk setup with optical links the android would piggy back on that? But mine seems to use the 2.5mm stereo to link back through?
Any help out there ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 08:00 AM   #2940
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakk View Post
I'm unsure what I should have selected for my android unit is there anyone here that can explain please?
I found this option when trying to improve the sound quality on my android sd625, I get a hissing on the BMW aux channel at high volume and certain frequency's at low volume, more annoying now I know about it and can here out for it...
I thought having hk setup with optical links the android would piggy back on that? But mine seems to use the 2.5mm stereo to link back through?
Any help out there ?
Your audio issues are caused by bad hardware design, laziness and money saving attempts. None of the software changes will fix that. What you need to do is to add ground loop insulator in the AUX line between Android and your car. And while you're on it add USB DAC as well to improve audio quality as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #2941
jakk
Private First Class
Rep

I've noticed the aux noise/interference may actually be there on the BMW side blue brown and yellow cables I think? Maybe it's worth trying to add a filter or loop isolation there before it gets to the dlock? What's the usb DAC do? Where would that go in the setup? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 09:06 AM   #2942
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I've noticed the aux noise/interference may actually be there on the BMW side blue brown and yellow cables I think? Maybe it's worth trying to add a filter or loop isolation there before it gets to the dlock? What's the usb DAC do? Where would that go in the setup? Thanks
Our units are not properly grounded. They are meant to have the same ground reference potential but instead, for some reason (a bad design) have a different potential between them, hence the noise you can hear.

DAC a digital-to-analog converter is a device that converts digital audio signal to analog. Out units obviously have on but it's a cheap, bad quality one. You would need to get a quality USB DAC (as discussed many times on this forum already). It connects like that: Android HU > USB > DAC > AUX > ground loop insulator (optional) > OEM unit.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #2943
jakk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Our units are not properly grounded. They are meant to have the same ground reference potential but instead, for some reason (a bad design) have a different potential between them, hence the noise you can hear.

DAC a digital-to-analog converter is a device that converts digital audio signal to analog. Out units obviously have on but it's a cheap, bad quality one. You would need to get a quality USB DAC (as discussed many times on this forum already). It connects like that: Android HU > USB > DAC > AUX > ground loop insulator (optional) > OEM unit.
Thanks for your help , but does the hu have a usb out? I thought they was usb inputs ?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 12:40 PM   #2944
jakk
Private First Class
Rep

Also so the android unit doesn't go through the hk fibre optic optical
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #2945
Looreed
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
AUX type of connection either in the armrest or directly in your OEM main multimedia unit has nothing to do with your mic/handsfree quality. Only those BMW models with Combox in the trunk need to run AUX cable from Android harness to the AUX armrest plug (or alternatively AUX may be coded in the main unit).

Regarding poor android handsfree experience, I've been testing many mics cheap and expensive. The one provided in the package has good results but need to cut off the internal mic as I mentioned and some workaround with echo issue.
So i just disconnected the internal mic and I'm still having echo issues on the caller's end. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I also tried muting my phone mic and adjusting call volumes. Seems crazy that I can't get calls to properly work without an echo. I feel like it's something very easy to fix that I'm overlooking
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #2946
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for your help , but does the hu have a usb out? I thought they was usb inputs ?
USB is not directional.

Quote:
Also so the android unit doesn't go through the hk fibre optic optical
No it doesn't. Depending on your car and unit you got, the audio signal is either routed directly from Android to the back of your OEM unit as AUX in or from Android to the AUX port in your armrest.

Android has DAC (as explained before) so it already does conversion from digital audio source on the unit to analog signal that is accepted by car's AUX in. The quality of the internal DAC is, to put it gently, f*** sh**! Hence the whole bunch of various audio issues. Plus the engineering of the board is top notch so you get audio interference.

The more you learn, the more you know how badly these units are put together - both hardware and software. At least we, owners of the Snapdragon 625 units, are "lucky" because there is some sort of consistency and standards across various vendors. Other units like MTK for example are hot mess.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #2947
jakk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
USB is not directional.

No it doesn't. Depending on your car and unit you got, the audio signal is either routed directly from Android to the back of your OEM unit as AUX in or from Android to the AUX port in your armrest.

Android has DAC (as explained before) so it already does conversion from digital audio source on the unit to analog signal that is accepted by car's AUX in. The quality of the internal DAC is, to put it gently, f*** sh**! Hence the whole bunch of various audio issues. Plus the engineering of the board is top notch so you get audio interference.

The more you learn, the more you know how badly these units are put together - both hardware and software. At least we, owners of the Snapdragon 625 units, are "lucky" because there is some sort of consistency and standards across various vendors. Other units like MTK for example are hot mess.
Thanks for all the help , just another thing how do I tell the unit how to output to the usb audio ? As default?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 01:50 AM   #2948
safety
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Hello, friends. I want to connect the bluetooth diagnostic connector to the bmw car. But I can't connect. What should I do to make my diagnostic connector connect to the car via bluetooth? did according to the instructions here, but there is no connection.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1436

Name:  IMG_3047.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  142.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3061.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  116.4 KB

Name:  Снимок.PNG
Views: 1214
Size:  544.6 KB
Appreciate 0