F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Wiring for PP 86DSP
ARMA SPEED

10-16-2023, 01:26 PM   #1
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Wiring for PP 86DSP

I’ll start off by saying the PP 86DSP I’m installing is not the bimmertech version. This is the regular Audiotech Fischer Match PP 86DSP. My understanding is that other than the power supply, everything should be plug and play.

It is going in a 2014 328d with 676 hifi using the provided PP ISO2 harness cut and joined with the 73mustangconv harness (copy of technic harness).

Questions

Input Connection
1.) the input wires coming from the OEM harness… can the input be connected to the amp via system connector plug using the technic/73mustangconv harness…, or do I need to connect input to the stand alone high level input connector using the harness provided with the amp?

Input pins on the system connector plug look to be pins 1-4 and 10-14. Right next to the system connector plug is another plug just for high level input.

I’ve seen threads where both methods have been followed. Is there a difference?

Power Supply
2). The harness I have is capable of providing power and ground via the system connector harness, but the amp manual says to never provide power via the system connector harness. Why is the amp capable of accepting power via pins 19 & 20 if it’s not supposed to be used? What will happen if I connect the 12v wires together and plug it in? Has anyone ever tried?

I do have 4awg capable bc I’m planning on a direct battery power connection but ideally I’d like to not do that unless I have to.

Attached is a picture of my semi connected harness and the amp side panel. You can see that I have out connected to output already.
Do I connect oem inout to input on the 73mustangconv harness or the high level input harness?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0