F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F30: Screen stuck on "bmw" logo
ARMA SPEED

02-14-2023, 02:52 AM   #45
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsonF30 View Post
Steve, I'm in Canada and have an F30 2014 328i X Drive. This weekend the display would be playing fine then the bluetooth would drop off, then it would reboot then stop on the no signal screen then eventually come back. Basically it's flakey as to what/when/if it's going to display. Originally I was thinking it may be a connection issue but I haven't seen much in the way of connection issues in the threads. Before I begin shipping bits and pieces to you, can you provide any possible insight to this situation? Thank-you. Kelly
PM'd
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 02:43 PM   #46
Phather
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 328ix

I have the SAME unit that failed

Hi there! I have this same unit that failed. Can you help me out by letting me know what you ended up doing? TIA for your help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JotaM3 View Post
Thanks to all of you who have provided info in this thread. I recently picked up a 2014 328i Sedan, and am having the same issue. Screen goes to "BMW" splash screen, I can hear the radio (whatever the last station that was set) but can't change stations or try to switch modes to play a CD, or eject the CD that's in there. After a few minutes it will reboot itself and go back to the same state, and same deal again.

From all I've read here, I need to replace the head unit. I am going to try to source a local used one, does it NEED to be the same exact radio? I've deduced that mine should be an NBT one. I took the unit out and took pictures of it and the part numbers, etc. Looks like I don't have bluetooth, and I don't have a reverse camera, nor do I have navigation. Does that mean the new one has to be all the same there, Non-Bluetooth, non-reverse camera, non-nav? Or do I simply need an NBT radio and use the bluetooth, nav, etc. as an upgrade?

Lastly, is it worth replacing the head unit? or is there a good upgrade/replacement where my money would be better spent?

Here are a few pics of the unit I pulled out, any help is hugely appreciated:
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 11:47 AM   #47
Runnin'Rich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009MY E91 328Xi 6MT

SUCCESS!

Steve Ma from Code my bimmer successfully repaired my HU_Entry with a reflash.

Symptom:
Turn on ignition and BMW logo appears on centre screen. Radio station comes on, volume control works and I could push the volume button to mute the sound. After 10 or so mins the screen goes blank and the system reboots and then the BMW logo is back for another 10 mins. No other controls work in regard to the radio (presets, scan etc)

Fix:
Used ENET cable and ESYS to flash the HU_ENTRY.
I attempted to flash the unit myself but after performing all the steps from the guide, the HU_Entry didn't appear in the list of ECU's to be flashed to the latest Istep. This was because the HU_ENTRY was already at the latest software.
Steve Ma from Code my Bimmer performed a solution by tricking ESYS into thinking the istep level on the car was an older version. He edited a file and changed numerous file name endings from 120 to 119. He then did another calculation and this time ESYS wanted to flash the HU_Entry.

Note: The FEM_GW (gateway) was a pre-requisite for flashing the HU_Entry but Steve advised against this - if we brick the gateway we wouldn't be able to talk to other modules and could be in an awful situation. I guess as we were not upgrading the istep - only flashing the same version over the top it wasn't necessary anyway.

Note: Steve told me he had attempted to flash seven HU_Entry's and only mine and one other was successful. I'm not sure why mine worked - i was using a home made computer server power supply for 14V and a slow old Windows computer with 4GB ram.

Good luck everyone.
PS BMW quoted $300CAD for the repair.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 09:26 PM   #48
TheColdCanuck
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i

Greetings

I've only had my new (used) 2014 320i car for a month and today experienced the same issue as described by others with the stuck display.

HU display stuck on BMW logo, goes on & off.
Radio stuck on one channel, goes on & off. Volume works. On/off button works. Presets do not work.
Lighting on the instrument panel also faded on/off, although I'm not sure if that's a time of day/lighting issue?

This started when I plugged the phone charger adapter into the cigarette lighter. I've been using it without any issues until today.

Not sure what to do. I have had some intermittent "battery discharge" messages.

The previous owner recently replaced the battery. This car sat in a garage for 2 years. I had it checked over, replaced all fluids, brakes done. The car had only 19000km on it and is in mint condition.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 05:25 AM   #49
eletbetter@yahoo.com
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2014 F30/N20 engine

Hoping this thread is still alive. I was told my comm box was dead. $500+ for a new box. $350 install, $350 to code it.
Bought a used one for $70, replaced it myself in 5 min, but I need it coded. Bonus that the emergency call feature needs to be deactivated on this new box.

So the shop would not code it for me after I paid 420 for diagnostics when I told them $$ was tight and I needed to install it myself; shop owner called me back and said their policy is to not do that kind of stuff bc they have been burned in the past when they don’t buy the parts themselves. I’ve got a few other misc things to clear as well, including a cruise control wiring harness to replace (which is proving more tricky than I thought with the way to remove the air bag though the slits in the steering column.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 05:45 PM   #50
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eletbetter@yahoo.com View Post
Hoping this thread is still alive. I was told my comm box was dead. $500+ for a new box. $350 install, $350 to code it.
Bought a used one for $70, replaced it myself in 5 min, but I need it coded. Bonus that the emergency call feature needs to be deactivated on this new box.

So the shop would not code it for me after I paid 420 for diagnostics when I told them $$ was tight and I needed to install it myself; shop owner called me back and said their policy is to not do that kind of stuff bc they have been burned in the past when they don’t buy the parts themselves. I’ve got a few other misc things to clear as well, including a cruise control wiring harness to replace (which is proving more tricky than I thought with the way to remove the air bag though the slits in the steering column.
Post a pic of the TCB unit label you purchased used. You can obscure the IMEI number if you wise (not that anything can be done with it).

Also, what exactly are you hoping to accomplish (or get working) with this?
Appreciate 0