F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Red dot on 6wb cluster
Studio RSR

10-18-2023, 06:41 AM   #1
HamzaF36
Rep
Drives: bmw f36 418d

Red dot on 6wb cluster

Hello,
I recently purchased a F36 with a 6WB aftermarket installed on it, and then noticed a red dot next to 'time', after a quick research I figured it was called tamper dot and maybe the odometer has been modified before. I called the seller who assured that it has never been modified and the mileage was original. I went to the dealer also who also confirmed that the mileage on the key and the car were the same and all services were made at the dealer. They said that they were not be able to help me to remove the dot but simply suggested me to get the old one back. Can someone here help me with that? I love that car but the dot make me wonder I am driving a fraud Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 03:31 PM   #2
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamzaF36 View Post
Hello,
I recently purchased a F36 with a 6WB aftermarket installed on it, and then noticed a red dot next to 'time', after a quick research I figured it was called tamper dot and maybe the odometer has been modified before. I called the seller who assured that it has never been modified and the mileage was original. I went to the dealer also who also confirmed that the mileage on the key and the car were the same and all services were made at the dealer. They said that they were not be able to help me to remove the dot but simply suggested me to get the old one back. Can someone here help me with that? I love that car but the dot make me wonder I am driving a fraud Thank you in advance
You purchased a 6WB that had previously been used.

It records the VIN and mileage of the original vehicle in a memory chip that, for obvious reasons, is not meant to be changed. ISTA, ESYS or a BMW Dealer cannot help you with this, not can 99.9999% of the remote coders as the chip must be removed from the Kombi and cleared/reprogrammed in machines designed for programming chips.

Just changing the VIN in Esys or ISTA ends up with the problem you now find yourself with.

If seller told you had cleared the VIN and memory, they lied.
Appreciate 1
fe7565552.50
      10-22-2023, 03:53 PM   #3
Jimmert
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i F36

Indeed the 6WB retrofit was performed poorly! Probably with the mileage of the car is nothing wrong.
Appreciate 0