F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Comfort Access Issues F32
Studio RSR

10-08-2023, 10:34 PM   #1
f32_435i
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435I

Comfort Access Issues F32

Just recently had to replace my door panel due to cosmetic damage, and I got one from an auto wrecker, switched the wiring harness over, changed the handles to my original (to match the key and keep comfort access) and got everything reconnected. Everything works perfect, except one thing. My comfort access on my drivers side door refuses to work. I tried my original handle, switched to the one that came with the door (also supposed to have comfort access) but nothing works. Speakers, lights, locks and window all work as supposed to. The truck comfort access also works. Triple checked the connection to the handle and it is plugged in like it's supposed to be. Tried changing key fob battery but didn't change anything. Also tried my second key. For whatever reason the comfort access won't work (literally same original wiring harness from the door and the same handle...) Am i supposed to reset the system somehow? Any ideas?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 05:48 AM   #2
eletbetter@yahoo.com
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2014 F30/N20 engine

Following and tagging along. I replaced the pass side door actuator in my F30 and it fixed the issue. Comfort access was wrecked when that actuator went bad: car would not lock at all.

Similar issue came up a year later with the rear door and replacing the actuator did not fix. At least it locks but that makes me think it’s something else. Everything looks plugged in and engaged. Hard for me to tell if the actuator works because the other three locks are a bit loud. I thought it might be a fuse but not likely if the other doors work.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 08:50 PM   #3
f32_435i
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435I

Quote:
Originally Posted by eletbetter@yahoo.com View Post
Following and tagging along. I replaced the pass side door actuator in my F30 and it fixed the issue. Comfort access was wrecked when that actuator went bad: car would not lock at all.

Similar issue came up a year later with the rear door and replacing the actuator did not fix. At least it locks but that makes me think it’s something else. Everything looks plugged in and engaged. Hard for me to tell if the actuator works because the other three locks are a bit loud. I thought it might be a fuse but not likely if the other doors work.
I ended up figuring it out. The comfort access module located in the rocker panel was damaged. Got a new one for $20 and it fixed my problem.
Appreciate 0