F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Driver Side Fender Camera Malfunction
GetBMWParts

10-21-2023, 12:30 PM   #1
dadanator
dadanator
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Driver Side Fender Camera Malfunction

I had this problem for quite some months and after looking at what is required to correct it I put it aside. A few weeks ago I started down the road to correct the problem. I removed the camera and swapped it with the passenger side camera and determined it was not the camera that had failed. After reading that many failures are the cable I set out to look for a replacement cable. Reading a lot about some who have had this problem I read that the terminal end of the cable, the Control Unit for Camera Systems (TRSVC), was located in the trunk and the wire ran through the car under the driver seat into the trunk. After purchasing the BMW cables it dawned on me that the cables for the front fender cameras are not long enough to reach from the front to trunk. This was after removing panels running from the front to the trunk. It wasn't until I located a diagram showing all modules in the F30, Thank you Bimmerpost, that it was located over the driver's footrest.
I ran the cable parallel and used a plastic knockout just above the wire knockout to run the cable to the module. I am not a mechanic for sure but I could not see spending a fortune to correct this problem seeing as I use these cameras so infrequently.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0