BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-16-2021, 08:42 PM   #1
Erikfiend
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw e82 135i N54 2009

2009 E82 135i (N54)

I would like to say I have completed a successful manual swap on my e82 2009 135i N54 based platform.

Car was originally a standard zf auto transmission but for me it wasn't enough let alone just was a little boring after a while and started to feel a little laggy for me so I decided to go ahead and try and tackle a full true manual swap which took me a full day.

The car feels great and just a little more engaging.
If anyone needs info or just anything I try and tackle a true manual swap feel free to contact me as I will be glad to give a helping hand with wiring and coding and what needs to be done. I will try my best to do a better write up on how to successfully do a manual swap on a 1 series let alone get it running properly after installing everything. Side note I went with a stand alone chassis mount IRP short shifter as I will be tracking the car. Here's a couple photos [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 09:09 PM   #2
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikfiend View Post
I would like to say I have completed a successful manual swap on my e82 2009 135i N54 based platform.

Car was originally a standard zf auto transmission but for me it wasn't enough let alone just was a little boring after a while and started to feel a little laggy for me so I decided to go ahead and try and tackle a full true manual swap which took me a full day.

If anyone needs info or just anything I try and tackle a true manual swap feel free to contact me as I will be glad to give a helping hand with wiring and coding and what needs to be done. I will try my best to do a better write up on how to successfully do a manual swap on a 1 series let alone get it running properly after installing everything. Side note I went with a stand alone chassis mount IRP short shifter as I will be tracking the car. Here's a couple photos [IMG][/IMG]
Congrats. Just curious if the PRND lights will still work for ya.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 09:22 PM   #3
Erikfiend
Registered
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
Quote:

So unfortunately it does not have any use anymore although I can put the old wiring to it since it is still there but I only left the auto trim there considering I wanted as little sound as possible in the car. I will be putting a manual shift boot but it is somewhat hard to find one that will cover the irp shifter without modifications
Appreciate 1
chassis6373.50
      06-16-2021, 10:15 PM   #4
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Well done! Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 10:16 PM   #5
Erikfiend
Registered
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Well done! Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Well done! Enjoy!
Thank you I appreciate it I know the car is a little outdated but its a project car
Appreciate 0