F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Motor Trend ACR vs. Z06 vs. GT3 RS (coming soon - not published yet)
Studio RSR
Closed Thread

12-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #133
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfEightyM3 View Post
C6 z06 was I believe lighter in real world and certainly was a bit underrated. Also keep in mind it was the c6 z06 with z07 package that ran that time, so def turned up a bit.l, not your reg z06.
The new z06 is certainly capable of good lap times. A friend of mine just got one and it's a mighty powerful car with loads of grip.

For comparison sake with the reg z06 look at how much faster the RS is on every other track. These are flat out absurd margins.

Times (5)
Corvette Z06 911 GT3 RS
Hockenheim GP 1:57.90 1:50.78
Autozeitung test track 1:39.40 1:32.50
NÃÂà ƒÂƒÃ‚‚¼rburgring Nordschleife 7:42.90 7:20.00
Hockenheim Short 1:11.50 1:08.50
Balocco 2:50.30 2:45.78

If you look at the plain z06 without the z07 package I'm assuming the RS beats it by 23 seconds. 3 seconds on hockenheim, and 7 second gap in multiple other tracks. Two cars with nearly identical power to weight based on manuf claims yet you'd think the RS had 250 more hp based on these times.

So it's quite clear that no matter how you slice it, the RS cannot be matched for its power to weight by a regular z06 and even with a track package it's still behind by 3 seconds. And by matched I do mean nearly identical times (gap is <.5 secs)
Well, keep in mind that's not your run of the mill GT3, it's an RS, so it's def turned up a bit. I'm certain those porsche's are a bit underrated.
I agree, though I don't see the porsche NA cars as unerrated they just have lower drivetrain loses due to the rear rear layout.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #134
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

The early standard C6Z's were not all that. A lot of power and low weight, but rather uncommunicative and ragged. A later Z07 Pkg car is several orders of magnitude better in the driving dynamics department.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #135
dgp
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bicycle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
A standard GT-R is most definitely not faster on track than a GT3 RS, or even standard GT3. In an MT comparo, the GT-R NISMO was slower around a track than a Turbo S. And it's priced around 150K.
'13 GTR hit the ring in 7:19 (with their own driver- similar to Porsche's claims) which is a bit quicker than base GT3 and roughly in-line with GT3 RS. Nismo GTR hit 7:08 (with Track Attack Package)- without it would probably be somewhere in the teens- but still quicker than GT3 (or RS) Porsches. Porsche never gives you best performance for the money, but rather a good experience at a premium cost than both American and Japanese automakers. They will never be a benchmark for price/performance.

What test are you referring for MT? (GTR Nismo vs Turbo S) When they ran both at Laguna Seca (MT), GTR came on top by a tenth of a second. And when EVO ran both 991 Turbo S and 991 GT3 RS at Anglesey- they were dead even. We'll see how 991 GT3 RS will do at Laguna, but judging from other tests (similar lap times with Turbo S), it probably will not set any records. Where the GT3RS is setting records is in bubble price territory..which will eventually pop.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #136
EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgp
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
A standard GT-R is most definitely not faster on track than a GT3 RS, or even standard GT3. In an MT comparo, the GT-R NISMO was slower around a track than a Turbo S. And it's priced around 150K.
'13 GTR hit the ring in 7:19 (with their own driver- similar to Porsche's claims) which is a bit quicker than base GT3 and roughly in-line with GT3 RS. Nismo GTR hit 7:08 (with Track Attack Package)- without it would probably be somewhere in the teens- but still quicker than GT3 (or RS) Porsches. Porsche never gives you best performance for the money, but rather a good experience at a premium cost than both American and Japanese automakers. They will never be a benchmark for price/performance.

What test are you referring for MT? (GTR Nismo vs Turbo S) When they ran both at Laguna Seca (MT), GTR came on top by a tenth of a second. And when EVO ran both 991 Turbo S and 991 GT3 RS at Anglesey- they were dead even. We'll see how 991 GT3 RS will do at Laguna, but judging from other tests (similar lap times with Turbo S), it probably will not set any records. Where the GT3RS is setting records is in bubble price territory..which will eventually pop.
With the low production numbers we will see. I have a friend who just sold two of his 3 GT3 RS' for 330k each.
As far as performance per dollar, nothing coming from outside the US will ever be part of that discussion.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #137
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillindrdude
I am guessing you follow speed limits ALL the time
Well Koenigsegg hasn't been able to post any laps since the speed limit, they will be going for the record once it is removed.

Everyone questioned the GT350R times, the Alfa Romeo Guilia times, etc because of the speed limit.. Yet believe the crazy ring times Porsche publishes for all its cars.. Without any videos (besides the 918)

Always so perfect.. 7:20 7:30
      01-07-2016, 07:13 AM   #138
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=19174374
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread