F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 power mirrors: how to dismount?
proTUNING Freaks

04-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
zanozza
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 Alpine white 320i

Question F30 power mirrors: how to dismount?

Hi!

I've got a quite... funny problem.

Today on parking I've detached my mirror by concrete pillar during reversing

But, not much damage: broken black grained holder and straighten metal part (basement? not sure how it's named).

So, I did remove of 3 small screws, used a hammer to bend the pieces of basement back, and attached the mirror back with nice sound

... and then I realised what I forgot to screw those small bolts back! And now I have no idea how to dismount the mirror back (I don't want to use the concrete pillar again)

High-res photo: https://goo.gl/photos/uFJd2GnqKxekppAC8

The question: can you point me please to any manual/video how to dismount the mirror (or detach from the door) so I can screw the bolts again?

Thank you in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
KingpinRCR
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 320d ed

Not sure wich screws you mean exactly or wich part you want to detach...
Do you mean the triangular base that connects the entire mirror to the door? Did you pull the screws through the door???
If so, you'll need to take off the doorpanel and windowtrim to expose the screwholes. To take off the doorpanel just pull firmly but carefull and the same for the window trim. (Bavarian sound works has a nice vid on YouTube if you want to see how)
Appreciate 0