F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Ugly Orange side reflectors
Extreme Powerhouse

05-30-2020, 11:42 PM   #67
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Me neither, it's not that serious..

However, if a shop and already going to paint my bumper and they agree to throw in painting the front reflector for free, then why not..
Because it's illegal,it's unsafe. I'm surprised the body shop would do it.
Yea, they probably won't get into Heaven now but it made me a satisfied customer..

With all due respect, you need be stop being a sheep and reasonable understand that just because your government overloads, at one time in history, felt that attaching slabs of orange retroreflectors, on the side of your vehicle were necessary, doesn't make them true for today's vehicle standards.

The conspicuity of an automobile's side profile doesn't change simple because the reflectors are missing. The reflectors are redundant with modern headlights design but the resources was never allotted to test this theory, so they remain.

There are bunch of archaic laws that still exist, which were never given the resources to be properly revised, matching current standards. Doesn't mean a person can't think independently, without being perceived as reckless or morally bankrupt.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 12:59 AM   #68
SeanFitz335
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
You would really risk you and your families life to look cool? Why don’t you just leave all the lights off. That’s really cool looking.
Sorry dad, I'll fix it.

lol
Appreciate 0