F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > smart closer
Extreme Powerhouse

11-04-2015, 06:25 AM   #23
DanITman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

I can't access those files because Mega is asking for a decryption key. See my note in the above post. I won't be able to look at it until you unlock the files.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 05:56 PM   #24
TakMiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep
Drives: 320iGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanITman View Post
I can't access those files because Mega is asking for a decryption key. See my note in the above post. I won't be able to look at it until you unlock the files.
Try this.

https://mega.nz/#!RB4CjDTT!oHCQrh-ax...syn-9eEytBH1qo

F34 320iGT 2013 OCT manufactured by Dingolfing , Germany
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #25
DanITman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakMiya View Post
That is a guide for flashing ECU files. I need the file from your friends car to do the comparison.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #26
TakMiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep

Quote:
That is a guide for flashing ECU files. I need the file from your friends car to do the comparison.
OK this is ...

https://mega.nz/#!YJIRTArL!9TwzCYN3c...JU10A9V42zCFsg

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #27
DanITman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That worked, thanks. Would it be possible to get a copy of his FEM_BODY ncd as well? I think there is some setting in there. Also, what is his build date, just need month and year. THanks
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #28
TakMiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanITman
Quote:
That worked, thanks. Would it be possible to get a copy of his FEM_BODY ncd as well? I think there is some setting in there. Also, what is his build date, just need month and year. THanks
I'm in Taiwan now for biz trip.
Give me time to check till weekend.
I try to ask my friend.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #29
DanITman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm in Taiwan now for biz trip.
Give me time to check till weekend.
I try to ask my friend.
Thanks, I don't see anything different in this file. I'll keep digging.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #30
TakMiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I don't see anything different in this file. I'll keep digging.
Hi Dan

I got latest FEM_BODY ncd file from friend.

It's limited to disclose in public.
I send you link by PM 4 U.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #31
DanITman
Private First Class
Rep

Good news, I got it working. However, I believe it will only work on updated F34 I-step versions. I recently had my dealer updated my i-step version to the most recent one and I recommend that you get this done from the dealer. You can upgrade it yourself but you'll want to do a bunch of reading first.

I then went in and changed my build date (Zeitkriterium). This is pretty easy to do and will give you more features when you code. The car sometimes knows which features should work with specific cars and the month/year they were built. You can read more about that here. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=642231. I'm not sure if this step is necessary but I did it anyways because I wanted the time to move on my KOMBI.

Once you have these set you only need to change once value. Believe it or not, your original value in FEM_BODY is the only one that needs to be activated for this to work.

FEM_BODY --> CAM_SMART_CLOSE --> nicht Active to Active.

After reviewing the files you sent me (thank you), the only value that is different is this one in FEM_BODY.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #32
TakMiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Good news, I got it working. However, I believe it will only work on updated F34 I-step versions. I recently had my dealer updated my i-step version to the most recent one and I recommend that you get this done from the dealer. You can upgrade it yourself but you'll want to do a bunch of reading first.

I then went in and changed my build date (Zeitkriterium). This is pretty easy to do and will give you more features when you code. The car sometimes knows which features should work with specific cars and the month/year they were built. You can read more about that here. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=642231. I'm not sure if this step is necessary but I did it anyways because I wanted the time to move on my KOMBI.

Once you have these set you only need to change once value. Believe it or not, your original value in FEM_BODY is the only one that needs to be activated for this to work.

After reviewing the files you sent me (thank you), the only value that is different is this one in FEM_BODY.
Hi Dan.
Congratulation !!! It's good news for me also.

Let me know your latest I-step version.
I think P3.57.0 is latest.
And did you change all modules to latest ? or just FEM_BODY only ?

I will try to discuss with my dealer for replacement it as you mentioned.

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 12:17 PM   #33
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Dan.
Congratulation !!! It's good news for me also.

Let me know your latest I-step version.
I think P3.57.0 is latest.
And did you change all modules to latest ? or just FEM_BODY only ?

I will try to discuss with my dealer for replacement it as you mentioned.
Did this work for you?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #34
DanITman
Private First Class
Rep

My I-Step version currently is F020-15-07-506. My GT shipped with F020-13-07-506. Smart closer works well.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 07:21 AM   #35
TakMiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
Rep

Hi Guys

I'd succeeded !!!

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #36
DrPhant0m
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 335xGT M, Estoril Blue

I've had my 2014 F34 for a few years... and I've wanted to be able to "smart close" the hatch since about the 2nd day I've owned the car. I had subscribed to this thread, and I was excited when the problem was solved.

So, I tried (and failed) on several occasions to get a dealer to update my i-Step. I went to a couple BMW dealers, and they kept telling me they either didn't know what I was talking about, or they couldn't do any updates unless the service required it. I tried telling them I couldn't get my iPhone to pair (I have an Android) because I'd heard that an iPhone problem was fixed in a newer version, I told them the trunk wasn't working right (when it was), etc.

Finally, I took the car in because the sunroof and trunk buttons weren't working well (for real this time). They replaced the sunroof switch and reinitialized both the sunroof and trunk.

To my surprise... when I drove the car home, I noticed it seemed... different. The UIs were slightly different, and I found that some of the screens took on a new design, much the same as the 2019 X3 loaner I had. I hadn't even requested an iStep update this time (I'd given up)! Needless to say, all the codings I had done were gone.

So, I'm pretty sure I got newer software!!! Can I only make the "smart close" change using eSys, or can I do it with Carly or Bimmercode? I guess changing the build date is a requirement, right? Doubtful you can do that in either of the Android/Bluetooth solutions.

Thanks for the help,
--Ryan
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #37
DrPhant0m
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 335xGT M, Estoril Blue

I used the BimmerCode app to turn on (=aktiv) 3020 - CAM_SMART_CLOSE using EXPERT mode.

Now, when I kick my foot under the trunk when it's open... the lights flash, but the trunk doesn't come down.

I also used the app to code the trunk to go down when pressing the trunk button inside or on the fob... so it is possible.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Do I *need* to change my manufacture date? I don't think I can do that in BimmerCode. I've used eSys in the past to do all my coding, but BimmerCode has pretty much everything I need and is way less of a pain.

Thanks for any info!
Appreciate 0